What's new

Guide - Dualist FOREVER EL1TE's Dualist Guide (UPDATED) As of 3/20/16

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Maybe if Bicycle Kick MB worked in a way other then making someone who's stupid enough to block BK high safe. Then yea. Currently it's basically impossible to use the MB as a mixup as it whiffs on crouch blockers. For real though they should of just gave every variation DFs bf2 and meter burns, except for the bf1 MB.
Disagree with giving all variations the DF Dragon Kick and it's MB options. It's supposed to be used as an extra layer of yomi as to how DF will safely approach you.

Besides, the variation select menu explicitly states that DF "gets an enhanced Dragon Kick", it doesn't say anything about the Bicycle Kick. Most (if not all?) of Liu's normals that link into Bicycle Kick can be done with FBRC~standing 1 anyway. Dualist would benefit from the MB Flipkick far more.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I think what Dualist really needs to own the stage is for his Yin buff to not disappear after getting 1 hit. It takes forever to charge it and is very hard and risky in real fight, hell, I can take a shower while Liu Kang charges to lvl3. Giving the fact that Liu Kang doesn't have crazy 50/50 like Sonya, Erron Black and Cassie Cage, this Yin buff to not disappear after getting 1 hit would be fair enough to do cheap damage and scare the shit out of your opponent by instatntly exploding red orbs. Besides, you will still need Yang stance for EX light ball pressure, so Yin buff wouldn't be abused.

Or, AT THE VERY LEAST, they should make only lvl3 to disappear after getting 1 hit, but not lvl1 and lvl2.

Ayane

Noob
Oh well if you were just wanting the MB for dmg than yea it can do that. Thought dualist already had a 1 bar way to start combos. Basically the only time I use it in DF is when I'm out of stam and I get a hit so yea it would probably be more useful to dualist. Also why wouldn't you want a safer bf2? Even if you don't get the MB DF has; which as a character with all variations built around pressure I think they should all get. You would at least get the armor breaking -8 BF2.

Dunno when it comes to LK's variations it doesn't seem like any of them would help with different MU's besides being better or worse at all of them. Maybe one day lol. I wish all 3 were good and there were reasons to play them ;_;

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Does anyone have any good videos of how they play Dualist?

And by good I mean playing against people who know the MU and not getting away with DooDoo gimmicks or going against a quan chi player that has no bar in the corner when you have 3 bars.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
I think what Dualist really needs to own the stage is for his Yin buff to not disappear after getting 1 hit. It takes forever to charge it and is very hard and risky in real fight, hell, I can take a shower while Liu Kang charges to lvl3. Giving the fact that Liu Kang doesn't have crazy 50/50 like Sonya, Erron Black and Cassie Cage, this Yin buff to not disappear after getting 1 hit would be fair enough to do cheap damage and scare the shit out of your opponent by instatntly exploding red orbs. Besides, you will still need Yang stance for EX light ball pressure, so Yin buff wouldn't be abused.

Or, AT THE VERY LEAST, they should make only lvl3 to disappear after getting 1 hit, but not lvl1 and lvl2.
Or just give him a MB charge like jacqui, she has a MB charge right?......If not give one to her too!!

Does anyone have any good videos of how they play Dualist?

And by good I mean playing against people who know the MU and not getting away with DooDoo gimmicks or going against a quan chi player that has no bar in the corner when you have 3 bars.
Me, watch my YouTube channel. Look for a match called FOREVER EL1TE vs Skills. It's actually in the OP

I really find it hard playing dualist liu online with lag because I have to be almost perfect(impossible online).
Also anyone have ideas on how to zone sub-zero in dualist? I always send two dark orbs (one for the clone the other to be stopped in front of Sub). This is really useless and again I have a slow solar flare. Any Ideas please?

Btw Dualist is way more fun than Dragon Fire!!!

I really find it hard playing dualist liu online with lag because I have to be almost perfect(impossible online).
Also anyone have ideas on how to zone sub-zero in dualist? I always send two dark orbs (one for the clone the other to be stopped in front of Sub). This is really useless and again I have a slow solar flare. Any Ideas please?

Btw Dualist is way more fun than Dragon Fire!!!
You can't zone sub zero. He beats you 6-4. You just got to get the health lead and be patient

Reactions: GAV
Liked everything i saw. I've officially touched dualist today and im taking everything thats posted here into my game plan.

Great stuff guys
We both played Nightwing and now liu kang. Lol, if you want more footage of dualist look on my YouTube channel. I plan to get more matchup videos tomorrow or this week.
And this time let's not fight for #1 spot :D

We both played Nightwing and now liu kang. Lol, if you want more footage of dualist look on my YouTube channel. I plan to get more matchup videos tomorrow or this week.
I was only like that with nightwing due to the irony of playing dick so i felt it was necessary to be one :DOGE.

And yea i saw your videos. I really don't like dualist but I'd rather learn all of liu thn just DF and FF so im making myself pick it up too.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I was only like that with nightwing due to the irony of playing dick so i felt it was necessary to be one :DOGE.

And yea i saw your videos. I really don't like dualist but I'd rather learn all of liu thn just DF and FF so im making myself pick it up too.
I'm the best:DOGE

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I still haven't given up on this variation. I just sorta focused on my main for EVO and just stuck with him

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I feel uncomfortable around all these Dick players.

Also I now think Dualist is better than most people give him credit for. He's still not on flame fist's level and is several light years behind Dragon's fire, but I think he's a bit below Reptile and is no where as bad as you once put him @AK L0rdoftheFLY, 9/25 lmao.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I feel uncomfortable around all these Dick players.

Also I now think Dualist is better than most people give him credit for. He's still not on flame fist's level and is several light years behind Dragon's fire, but I think he's a bit below Reptile and is no where as bad as you once put him @AK L0rdoftheFLY.
ehhhh.

I went from top tier upplayer with NW to S-tier downplayer in MKX. #TuffBanya #DuffBualist

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
ex-bf1 has so huge block advantage...

Inputs:

1) 112, ex-bf1, L1;
2) f213, ex-bf1, L1;
3) 44, ex-bf1, L1;
4) f44, ex-bf1, L1;
5) b34, ex-bf1, L1.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV