What's new

Guide - Dualist FOREVER EL1TE's Dualist Guide (UPDATED) As of 3/20/16

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I thought Dualist had the better pressure? What is DF's pressure that is better than Dualist?
Dualist has f213 Stance Switch which is +5, compared to DF f213 fb rc which is over +10. Or f44 fb which jails into a f4 on block, where as f44 SS is slightly negative. f3 and b12 are both plus on block and on hit can be combo'd into.

So Dualist has fewer strings that give him plus frames, and smaller advantage on his plus frames. He can use meter on light orb to keep block advantage which has so much push back midscreen that you can't fully utilise the frames, or dark orb for a pseudo block trap.

In order for dualist to keep block pressure going he has to use meter, whereas DF only has to use stamina and can keep pressure going, as well as combo off it meterlessly in the combo.

F213 Stance Switch is plus 6. Not 5.
And yeah compared to the new flame fist, it may look obsolete to some, but dualist is my favorite. Not to mention I am a loyalist. Dualist pressure is made around guessing. And space control. After f213, stance switch, we have about 6 safe options to choose from, maybe 7. Then we have orbs which changes some mus very well. Dualist may have the worst zoning out of all three, but it has the best space control, similar mixups, better options in certain areas, and good damage. Even if this is his worst variation, im still using it because I love playing with it.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
F213 Stance Switch is plus 6. Not 5.
And yeah compared to the new flame fist, it may look obsolete to some, but dualist is my favorite. Not to mention I am a loyalist. Dualist pressure is made around guessing. And space control. After f213, stance switch, we have about 6 safe options to choose from, maybe 7. Then we have orbs which changes some mus very well. Dualist may have the worst zoning out of all three, but it has the best space control, similar mixups, better options in certain areas, and good damage. Even if this is his worst variation, im still using it because I love playing with it.
Respect for sticking with it. I still use it because it's a really cool idea for a variation, but I'd never use it in tournament. Not sure about better space control though, only thing he has different is dark orbs but I don't find them to be too great a regulating space in such a fast paced game as MKX. If it were Injustice were movement is much slower and committal then they would be good, but I'm not sold on them as a good space-control tool in this game. Especially when you lack the control that DF and FF give you through low fb.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Respect for sticking with it. I still use it because it's a really cool idea for a variation, but I'd never use it in tournament. Not sure about better space control though, only thing he has different is dark orbs but I don't find them to be too great a regulating space in such a fast paced game as MKX. If it were Injustice were movement is much slower and committal then they would be good, but I'm not sold on them as a good space-control tool in this game. Especially when you lack the control that DF and FF give you through low fb.
I'm torn. I find that anything I want to post you already post for me.

I don't like fbc and never will. That's why I like Tanya, FF Kang, and dualist. Dd1 or dd cancels are so much better.

What I like about orb is just the slight hesitation causes. MMH has left everyone scared and they shouldn't be. Lol.

I'll play those two variations only

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I bookmarked the dualist guide Bc I eventually want to learn it. I'm still derping (even now)sometimes when I wanna fbrc and I do dd1 in DF and bf1 in FF. :p

Hello Everyone, this Video shows a combo into a block string setup that takes 61.75 percent from your opponent. The combo just shows the possibility to do the chip damage setup. I only did this in an offline match that i didn't record. All you need is 2 1/4 meter to start for the whole blockstring and you will build one whole bar back(it is the dualist variation, you don't need it anyways). This can also be done in mid screen but the damage output will be different. The chip damage is also a block string, your opponent has to take the damage. Chip damage = 24.75.

ONLY A TRUE DUALIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for watching!
Kickbykick.

Hello Everyone, this Video shows a combo into a block string setup that takes 61.75 percent from your opponent. The combo just shows the possibility to do the chip damage setup. I only did this in an offline match that i didn't record. All you need is 2 1/4 meter to start for the whole blockstring and you will build one whole bar back(it is the dualist variation, you don't need it anyways). This can also be done in mid screen but the damage output will be different. The chip damage is also a block string, your opponent has to take the damage. Chip damage = 24.75.

ONLY A TRUE DUALIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for watching!
Kickbykick.
Great setup! However, there's a hole. F213 stance switch into f213 isn't a true block string. And the orb doesn't explode during that duration of stance switching. So they can armor

Reactions: GAV
Great setup! However, there's a hole. F213 stance switch into f213 isn't a true block string. And the orb doesn't explode during that duration of stance switching. So they can armor
Thanks man. I probably didn't time the one in that video properly, been learning the block string for like 5 hours and it worked perfectly. No Gap. I might Update the video with the Custom reversal ON Share more videos of your mid screen game. @FOREVER EL1TE

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Thanks man. I probably didn't time the one in that video properly, been learning the block string for like 5 hours and it worked perfectly. No Gap. I might Update the video with the Custom reversal ON Share more videos of your mid screen game. @FOREVER EL1TE
You set it up like this...

Combo...f12 orb f213 cs b12 eh bf1. Makes it much harder to armor.

Or f213 cs f12 eh bf1

Dualist Liu Kang should get Dragon's fire's Bicycle Kick MB. I think it would be a reasonable buff that would transform him into a much scarier character.

Discuss.
Yoooooooooo. That will be deadly "too deadly". I want it but it might be too good. I won't care bout doing an unsafe bicycle for chip damage.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Yoooooooooo. That will be deadly "too deadly". I want it but it might be too good. I won't care bout doing an unsafe bicycle for chip damage.
TBH I have no idea why the MB wasn't given to Dualist as well. With Dragon's fire the F44 FBRC makes his F44 one of the most threatening moves in the game, it's a 10 frame double hitting low starter with good range that's + on block and converts to 31% meterless and 40% for a bar.

With Dualist all he gets is F44 bicycle kicks for a measily 20%. I think it would be a great idea to give him it, especially with that damage boost in dark stance. As of right now, no one has to fear Dualist's main combo starter (113) midscreen because it hit's high twice. Also his F213 Stance switch F12 becomes much more threatening because all you used to get before is f124 but now you would be able to hit confirm the f12 in bicycle kicks mb.

Make it happen @colt

Last edited:

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Sooo, any idea when the patch notes are coming, I wanna believe they buffed DLK?

Last edited:

Ayane

Noob
Dualist Liu Kang should get Dragon's fire's Bicycle Kick MB. I think it would be a reasonable buff that would transform him into a much scarier character.

Discuss.
Maybe if Bicycle Kick MB worked in a way other then making someone who's stupid enough to block BK high safe. Then yea. Currently it's basically impossible to use the MB as a mixup as it whiffs on crouch blockers. For real though they should of just gave every variation DFs bf2 and meter burns, except for the bf1 MB.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Maybe if Bicycle Kick MB worked in a way other then making someone who's stupid enough to block BK high safe. Then yea. Currently it's basically impossible to use the MB as a mixup as it whiffs on crouch blockers. For real though they should of just gave every variation DFs bf2 and meter burns, except for the bf1 MB.
The reason I made that buff suggestion is because he'll be able to convert off of F44 and F12 far more rewardingly.

You thought it was for that safe overhead at the end? lol

RM_Gamer

Noob
I say just make his specials faster and allow kang to cancel dark orbs in a blockstring. Maybe stance switch get a 2and1 cancel also? That's wishful thinking

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So curious question. If you setup a low orb in the corner and then I think f2? (the overhead knockdown) Can you create a hard to blockable situation with the two which results in another orb setup?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
So curious question. If you setup a low orb in the corner and then I think f2? (the overhead knockdown) Can you create a hard to blockable situation with the two which results in another orb setup?
Speaking of hard to block, has anyone tried doing a ex dark orb into forward grab in the corner and try to combo off of it? Sounds really good.

If the b2 lands with the orb. It will be a otg last time I remember.. Unless they changed the properties of it

Reactions: GAV