What's new

Guide - Dualist FOREVER EL1TE's Dualist Guide (UPDATED) As of 3/20/16

FOREVER EL1TE’S Dualist Guide

Wassup guys, Elite here bringing you a dualist guide only. I seem to be one of the few people who mains dualist and I would like to show you his potential. I want to thank @AK L0rdoftheFLY for showing me some great dualist tech and the dualist community for sticking with him. Dualist takes more strategizing and work than his other two variations. Once you put in that work it can compete with dragons fire. Some people think his light stance his bad, it’s not. Both his light/dark stance play a role to his success. Trying to play matches with just one stance is hard so not using the two diminishes your success. Think of Nightwing with his two stances.:DOGE (Injustice DLC Pack Confirmed)
In this variation you gain a way better corner game than his other two variations and way better chip options. Without further or do, let’s go over the character. EDIT: Im adding the patch notes first:

(1,1 was HIGH,MID, now it is HIGH,HIGH [nerf]
D2 has better hitbox [buff] (the best D2 in the game)
D1 was 9f startup, now it is 8f [buff]
Dragon's Roar and Dragon's Wrath has better hitbox [buff]
B4 was -13 on block, now it has more pushback and it is -9 on block [buff] (Kang's B4 is the best B4 in the game I think)
(Dualist) Yin boost damage now stays on hit [buff]
(Dualist) Orbs has slightly better hitbox [buff]). Now we can get into him :)

S1- 8 frame startup, +2 on block.

D2- Your basic/best Anti Air

D3, 12 Frame Startup (Might be wrong). +1 on block.

B4-His sweep that has pushback and it is -9 on block. In addition, from the new patch this is a good normal to use when a match starts.

B2, Long Reaching Overhead, soft-hard knockdown, -11 on block.

S3, combo filler, +2 on block.

Now for strings:

113, This string is his main combo launcher. The (3) of this string is an overhead. This string also has a frame gap between the (1) (3) part.

B12, B1 itself stuffs armor. However, b1 is really minus. This is why you use B12, because it’s minus 3 on block. Also to note, anything canceled from B12 on block has a frame gap.

F213, This is his golden string, F213 is one of his best damaging strings and has blockstun to the string. However F213 by itself is minus 8? So always cancel the F213 afterwards.

F44, This is also his golden string, F44 is a low starter for combos, has some good range but has problems on whiffing on opponent, so space it correctly.

112, Combo ender, pressure string

F12, F1 is 6 frames. So this is his anti standing poke tool. However, on block the string has frame gaps so be careful using it. EDIT: After new patch, this string now has NO gaps and is -4 on block.

That covers just about all of his important strings/normals. Now we will look into his specials for light stance.

Light Stance:

BF1, Solar Flare- This is his fireball. It’s a high if I’m correct. Does good damage, but has horrible recovery frames. Enhanced version launches for a full combo and is +15 on block. From his buffs to his fireballs, I would say you can actually use this now but still be careful.

BF3, Low fireball, pretty useless in terms of zoning. However, the hit stun on this his godlike, so you can use it on hit or after a meaty setup to run up for pressure.

DB3, Builds back your health, 0.03 or 0.30% every couple of frames or every frame. This move is buggy and also pretty useless compared to other healing moves from other characters. If I was NRS I would buff this move :DOGE:joker::REO:16Bit

(Air) BF1, Air fireball, has horrible recovery. Is useful for one combo though.

DD1, Stance switch from light to dark and vice versa. Has a small cooldown to it.

Enhanced Fireball Combo

Dark Stance:

In his stance he gains orbs, all orbs act the same, low orb, standing orb, air orb, all the same.EDIT: Low orb now hits low. Still plus on block. And has a little more recovery to it.

BF1/BF3/ (Air) BF1- Red orb, think of martian manhunter orbs except these don’t explode on contact. Has very good recovery, does good damage, is a combo launcher, plus on block (+10 to +20). The orbs will fly across the screen until you cancel them which is DB1. An enhanced orb just explodes faster and does more damage.

DB3- Damage buff to all of his moves. Has 3 levels to the move. Makes orbs explode faster.

All of his combos are pretty much the same as flame fist or dragon’s fire. But just in case,

Dualist Combos:
This is a very updated version ^^

These notations are old, but still useful for nonetheless.
1,1,3xxRC~B1,2~F2,1,3xxFlying Kick | 25%
1,1,3~B3,4~D2 | 28%
1,1,3~B3,4~F2,1,3xxFlying Kick | 29%

1,1,3~B3,4xxBicycle Kick~D2 | 29%
1,1,3~B3,4xxBicycle Kick~F4xxFlying Kick | 30%
F4,4xxBicycle Kick | 18%

1,1,3~B3,4xxBicycle~F2,1,3xxOrb

Meterless Corner:
1,1,3~B3,4~F2,1,3xxBicycle~F4xxLowFB/Flying Kick | 34%
Credit to : @Provokt for providing the combos.

Here is a combo video utilizing his damage charge:

This was from a actual match.

Important stance switch combos.
Also from the recent patch, f44 can now link into f44 which it couldn't do before. This will be explored.

Block Strings and Pressure:

With dualist any block string (Besides F213) canceled into orb is -12 to -20. I haven't tested it to get the exact frame. But they're all very minus. However, F213 into orb leaves you minus 12. Enhanced or not.

New stance switch data:
F2,1,3 SS = +5

1,1,2 SS = +2

B3,4 SS = Second hit is +2 and first hit is 0

4,4 SS = +2

F4,4 SS = 0

1,1,1 SS = -1

S4 SS = -1

B3 SS = -1

F2,1 SS = -7

B1,2 SS = -8

F1,2 SS = -8*
Big thanks to @Bruno-NeoSpace

Here are also some vids of me applying pressure on real opponents:
(All old but still useful)

Video showing +20% Chip:

Orb Setups:

In the corner, the purpose of his red orbs shine. They can lead to 40% combos, heavy frame traps, true blockstrings, unblockables, space control to keep them in the corner, and to save you from a punish. Here are some important orb videos that pretty much covers everything in orbs:
UPDATED VERSION

Old but still important

Round Ender Orb Setup – L0rdoftheFLY:

New Orb Bnb:

Unblockables:

Safe Bicycle Kick

Nice Orb Setup on knockdown, true block string

The Concluding Moments:

Dualist is worse than his other two variations midscreen, but in the corner you demolish. Dualist has a top 5 corner game. Like really, he does.

If you need any help or have any questions I will gladly help you. If any information is wrong please let me know.

It’s better to watch these vids on laptop and not mobile devices.

@EMPR_MURK because I know you're possibly getting into this variation.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I love a good guide that runs through key normals and strings rather than just a bunch of combo's like we only play vs AI dummies or something :D Good work on that

Couple of questions, most importantly, why are you constantly stance switching in the middle of combos?

I love a good guide that runs through key normals and strings rather than just a bunch of combo's like we only play vs AI dummies or something :D Good work on that

Couple of questions, most importantly, why are you constantly stance switching in the middle of combos?
Either to enhance the combo, of for a setup, or to be in favor of a situation

Reactions: GAV

I GOT HANDS

By "enhance the combo" you just mean style points right? I mean if you don't care about the stance switch it just weakens your combo and adds to execution difficulty right, or am I missing something? Although, I noticed that DVorah kept dropping block after you used it, thinking it was her turn to push buttons :p

By "enhance the combo" you just mean style points right? I mean if you don't care about the stance switch it just weakens your combo and adds to execution difficulty right, or am I missing something? Although, I noticed that DVorah kept dropping block after you used it, thinking it was her turn to push buttons :p
By enhance the combo I usually mean by damage or to put me in the preferred situation for afterwards

I GOT HANDS

Just had the lightbulb moment that by F213-SS you meant Stance Switch cancel, and not Soul Sphere. Everything suddenly makes a lot more sense to me lol.

I know F213 is excellent on block ,but just wondering, what is the best combo HIT ending in Soul Sphere cancel, for both midscreen and corner? Anyone labbed this out yet?

Last edited:

Surferkidjared

I'm goin in!
This is a great guide. I'm seriously brand new to Lui Kang just knowing BnB combos and not knowing his full punish combos and things of that sort. I randomly saw the guide and the videos and thought, "well, this looks kinda fun and I love the pressure." Went in the lab with him for a few hours and met up with a buddy who is a pretty good player and I just smoked him. The SS after F213 has ppl mashing out buttons and the mix up on it is actually pretty damn good. I like this viration a lot better than the other ones and its a lot more fun. Kudos to you, sir!

Just had the lightbulb moment that by F213-SS you meant Stance Switch cancel, and not Soul Sphere. Everything suddenly makes a lot more sense to me lol.

I know F213 is excellent on block ,but just wondering, what is the best combo HIT ending in Soul Sphere cancel, for both midscreen and corner? Anyone labbed this out yet?
If you need the chip, end any of your combos in F213. Then let the orb go, and cancel it when they're about to stand..
B34, and 112 into orb is used for pressure/setup and not for chip

jordan ewell

BlakBoywonder
Looks like we have quite a few new dualist mains here lol. If anyone ever wants to play and run through some strats together add me on my psn..- Blakboywonder.