What's new

For those who want Michael Myers

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Disclaimer: I am a huge Halloween fan. I love Halloween and Michael Myers/The Shape.

Anyway as much as I want him and would love to play as him in Mortal Kombat, I am not sure he lends himself well to this game's focus on customization.

He really only has three things we can customize. His mask, his knife, and his overalls.

Now the hardest of hardcore fans do know that Michael's mask is in fact different from movie to movie, but the differences are kind of small and overlooked by a lot of people. We also need to be honest and acknowledge that most of the masks after Halloween 2 are goofy or downright terrible.

Halloween (1978) mask is perfect

Halloween 2 mask is good

Zombie's take on the mask is also good

and finally Halloween (2018) mask is good as well.

Everything else though? They're kind of bad lol

Now to the knife. I am sure NRS can design some different knives to give him but if the focus is to pull from the source material there isn't a lot to customize in this regard. He normally uses a run of the mill kitchen knife. I think he might have used a medical looking knife in Curse but again, still not a lot to change here.

Lastly, the overalls. Again not much to change here. Maybe you could have a navy blue pair, a black pair, and maybe a "clean" pair and a more rough looking dirty set but there just isn't a lot to work with here.

I do think NRS could take liberties and just make up whatever they want but I feel like when you do a guest you want to keep it as close to the actual character as possible and not make up stuff that didn't exist in the source material.

Anyway like I said I love Michael and would love to have him, but I am just not sold on how well he would work when it comes to the customization aspect of this particular game.

Thoughts?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Interesting thing bringing this up. Maybe they could give him some other weapon to customize? Then the options would be mask, knife, weapon 2 for the gears, and the different overalls for his skins.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
A clown outfit that recalls his first murder would be really creepy. I'm totally here for Michael Myers as DLC. Then I want NRS to create a Creepshow Creatures game with Michael/Jason/Freddy/Pinhead etc.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Silver Shamrock masks from H3
Blood tear mask from H2
Hobo Myers mask from RZH2
The Brute mask from H5
A tan colored mask to resemble the original Star Trek mask
Ben Tramer mask from H2
Those are just some masks I can think off of the top of my head that could be really cool for gear. I think other than that, it would be cool if you could change the knife to other kinds of knives he's used. You could even get as creative as replacing the knife with the scissors he used to kill his sister.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
That's one of the big things to me. Whatever guests we get have to be super customizable or we'll feel disappointed like we did with all of the MK9 DLC (felt incompleye, missing skins, etc.).

Spawn MIGHT be able arguably to an extent because of the "spawns of different eras" bit. But Myers? He only has the white mask and blue coverals to define his "iconic" look and almost anything else would be too far off base to be true to Myers that his fans would be wanting (for the most part).

I struggle to think of a good guest character with a lot of customizability though.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I can think of one.

Pennywise is cool but in a FIGHTING game? I dislike the Phoenix Wright trend of putting non-combative characters in a combat game. I like Freddy, Jason Vorhees and Leatherface in their movies but seeing them try to throw kicks and stuff in a martial arts game is jarring. Yes they are killers but murdering scared children or oversexed bimbos is a far cry from a trained soldier or martial artist who's used to death matches, lol.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Pennywise is cool but in a FIGHTING game? I dislike the Phoenix Wright trend of putting non-combative characters in a combat game. I like Freddy, Jason Vorhees and Leatherface in their movies but seeing them try to throw kicks and stuff in a martial arts game is jarring. Yes they are killers but murdering scared children or oversexed bimbos is a far cry from a trained soldier or martial artist who's used to death matches, lol.
This is the same game where an actor can fight a thunder god we really taking realism into account here? I mean, if Jason and Leatherface can manage to work Pennywise sure as shit can.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
This is the same game where an actor can fight a thunder god we really taking realism into account here? I mean, if Jason and Leatherface can manage to work Pennywise sure as shit can.
I mean yeah sure but watching them flail punch and kick like they'e never done it before (Spoiler they haven't) is just so bad lol.

xXRagingFlameXx

I mean yeah sure but watching them flail punch and kick like they'e never done it before (Spoiler they haven't) is just so bad lol.
Perhaps, but even putting Pennywise (Who has a lot of possibilities when it comes to fighting...what...being an eldritch alien God and all that) in the same boat as a hillbilly and Jason just doesn't fit.

They managed to take those two and make them work in the game. They can take Pennywise, who has a lot more personality, powers etc, and make him dope as well, that's all I'm saying.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
As a huge horror buff for the past 25 years or more I absolutely loved what they did with Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, and Alien.

However, Michael would be more of the same like Jason IMO. I guess you could squeeze a mask less version of him from Halloween 2018, Halloween 1, and maybe Rob Zombies version when he was locked up.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I like the character but I wouldn’t pick him as a guest in Mortal Kombat. I dont agree with many of the top guest characters people want lol. I’m not against guests though.

There are better options out there for guests. Characters that could match the emphasis on personality like the MK characters. If you’re going to have dull and emotionless characters I would rather terminator or robocop, at least they talk.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
As a huge horror buff for the past 25 years or more I absolutely loved what they did with Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, and Alien.

However, Michael would be more of the same like Jason IMO. I guess you could squeeze a mask less version of him from Halloween 2018, Halloween 1, and maybe Rob Zombies version when he was locked up.
Yeah, you can pretty much reuse the unstoppable manic mechanics and assets.

D

Deleted member 59910

I like the character but I wouldn’t pick him as a guest in Mortal Kombat. I dont agree with many of the top guest characters people want lol. I’m not against guests though.

There are better options out there for guests. Characters that could match the emphasis on personality like the MK characters. If you’re going to have dull and emotionless characters I would rather terminator or robocop, at least they talk.
I agree with you. Ash Williams and Spawn would fit the “emphasis on personality”. I would love them to be in this game. I’m a huge fan of Terminator too.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
They always go with characters that don't talk a lot... So Pennywise the dancing clown is out of question lol, he talks more than all characters combined.

xXRagingFlameXx

They always go with characters that don't talk a lot... So Pennywise the dancing clown is out of question lol, he talks more than all characters combined.
That's dumb reasoning lmao. Spawn, Pennywise, Pinhead, all characters who talk. Only reason Leatherface, Jason, Alien, Predator didn't talk was...welll...they don't talk....at all....ever, I don't think.

But, Pennywise DEFINITELY is not out of the question whatsoever lol.

Of all the boring guests possible, I think this one takes the cherry on the cake... I'd rather see Bo Rai Cho return, even Mocap.

Really not a fan of another slasher-character into the game...
I prefer Myers over a burping farting fat f*** and some rando covered in jingle bells.

Like you tho I’d prefer original characters first. Just not them

xXRagingFlameXx

I prefer Myers over a burping farting fat f*** and some rando covered in jingle bells.

Like you tho I’d prefer original characters first. Just not them
I can't think of a single horror character covered in jingle bells. Whoever could you be speaking of?

Harley Quinn confirmed? Santa confirmed?

WAIT

JINGLE BELLS + Santa + Horror = Krampus???

OR THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS?? Jack Skellington KONFIRMED??

Oof. He seems like he'd be hard to animate if they were to keep him faithful to the original. Unless they went with a more realistic skeleton.