What's new

For Those Who Like To Write

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Im no writer, but I am a reader. If. I could give you tips from My favorite stories they all have involved a tale of a singular entity, rarely straying into other characters thoughts or motivations. "A day in the life of Ivan Denisovich" is a great example, as is "How much Land does a man need"
On the other spectrum, introducing dozens of characters is another favorite style of mine, such as Anna karanin, and 100 years of solitude.

Most important, and shared by members of both of these is a consistent chronological order of events, that take place in an obvious and clear time frame. (Hence why 100 years of solitude, and A day in the life of Ivan Denisovich are so damn good.)

Sorry MKillBill.

Actually, this is what the letter said..

Thank you for submitting "Descending Shade," but I'm going to pass on it. The story couldn't grab my interest, I'm afraid. Good luck to you with this one, and thanks for sending it our way.

The assistant editor signed it then.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Sorry MKillBill.

Actually, this is what the letter said..

Thank you for submitting "Descending Shade," but I'm going to pass on it. The story couldn't grab my interest, I'm afraid. Good luck to you with this one, and thanks for sending it our way.

The assistant editor signed it then.
thats alot more than most people get from an editior... I would not give up if I were you..

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just call me Bill unless you are trying to tag me, in which case use the @ symbol before my name.

I wrote for GameNation's Branch for Gears of War, (GoWNation) before it shut down.

I think I can write fiction well too.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Thanks for replying. I have a book online. Needs work, but, it's a start. It's called Descending Shade. It has problems. I gave up after my first rejection slip. Writing something I hope is better now.......Thanks for showing some interest though......everyone has something good to offer this world. Challenge is finding what that is.
Maybe look into printing a few copies your self and see if a local used book store would be willing to sell them (ill be pretty amazed if they dont)

Also, dont give up, send it to every publisher, film maker, what the hell ever you can think of. Send it to them all 5 times.

Also, consider a title change. I don't think it is bad at all but it is the same as actors changing their names. People say don't judge a book by it's cover, but usually the title is on the spine.

CYracks

Command Grabber

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
I've written a bunch of treatments; only one which has actually been written into a script.
Starting on my second one right now.

Screenplays are my thing. Everything else is a chore for me.

To market my book I'm gonna parachute drop 1000 copies over the superbowl from a helicopter. After I'm shot out of the sky people will know my name. lol. It's that or start my own publishing company.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
I love to read and write. I actually gotta scholarship to Widener for The Creative Writing program but turned it down, because I don't know what I'd do with it in the real world lol. I still write a lot and have been working on books in between my school work and real work. I hope to get a novel published one day. It's a dream of mine I've had since I was like 10.