What's new

Question - Takeda For Those Who Have The Game: Please Answer These Questions About Takeda

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thanks in advance! If anyone has additional questions, feel free to add them to the thread.

1) In Shirai Ryu, do his whip specials still pull him in close on block? I'm mainly concerned about the Air Whip. Does he fling himself in regardless, or does the whip just retract and he drops to the ground? Basically, how safe are they on whiff and on block?

2) Is the hitbox for the whip specials only on the tip, or if an opponent lands somewhere on the middle of the whip, do they still get hit?

3) Can he hold his meter-burn Kunai indefinitely? Do they disappear if he's hit? Can he release the MB Kunai while in hit-stun or block-stun?

4) What is the hit/block advantage on his flip-kick special move? Does it count as an anti-air (like a Kano Ball) or is the hitbox only on his leg when he comes down?

5) For his weird "Fist of Fury" special move, does the entire thing come out if blocked, or just the first hit? I'm mainly concerned with the Lasher variation's version, since it seems to do one solid strike, and then go into the flurry of whips.

Repulsar

Noob
Thanks in advance! If anyone has additional questions, feel free to add them to the thread.

1) In Shirai Ryu, do his whip specials still pull him in close on block? I'm mainly concerned about the Air Whip. Does he fling himself in regardless, or does the whip just retract and he drops to the ground? Basically, how safe are they on whiff and on block?
The spears/whips have 14 frames startup and -30 on block. They work just like Scorpions. On block you dont pull yourself on the opponent.
2) Is the hitbox for the whip specials only on the tip, or if an opponent lands somewhere on the middle of the whip, do they still get hit?
Its only the tip of the whip
3) Can he hold his meter-burn Kunai indefinitely? Do they disappear if he's hit? Can he release the MB Kunai while in hit-stun or block-stun?
He can hold them for 2 secs then they blow up. For the other properties i have to do some more testing but ill let you know.
4) What is the hit/block advantage on his flip-kick special move? Does it count as an anti-air (like a Kano Ball) or is the hitbox only on his leg when he comes down?
The active hit box of the move is his leg so when he spins the move doesnt connect. He can be poked out of it if im not mistaken. Also he has variations of this move for close, medium and far. Also you can control the distance of the move while in air.
5) For his weird "Fist of Fury" special move, does the entire thing come out if blocked, or just the first hit? I'm mainly concerned with the Lasher variation's version, since it seems to do one solid strike, and then go into the flurry of whips.
If blocked, no the move doesnt come of. Only the first punch.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

1) In Shirai Ryu, if you mean the air grapple (Air Spear) he drops straight down on block. But there's a pause once he hits the ground before he can block, so it's pretty punishable and needs to be done on a good read (unless it's at a distance your opponent can't punish). There's a delay on whiff as well.

2) If you mean the specials in lasher, it runs the length of the whip.

3) MB Kunai is timed and will explode after about 2 and a half seconds. You can release them in block or hit stun.

4) The flip kick (Tornado Strike) is super negative (-20 frames). Like a lot of the other specials in the game, it has to be done on a good read. At least for the regular version of it, it does not AA, and you will be hit directly out of it if your opponent does an air attack with a decent enough hitbox.

5) Only the first hit of the punch rush move (Fist Flurry) will come out if blocked, but it's -11 on block, so some people will be able to punish it. The version in Shirai Ryu is highly punishable.