What's new

For Those Who Already Have The Game

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Do you know how much time it takes to get better with a character? like i'm kinda feeling paranoid mastering noob saibot because well the whole custom variations and memorizing all the moves. It was honestly like that with Mkx, like say you wanna start using this character but after you practice and consume so much of your time it doesn't really go well. But then naturally overtime you just get better using him or her.

Characters in Mkx I struggled with a lot: Erron Black, Shinnok, Tremor, demon/hellfire scorpion

Character in Mkx that were easy for me to main: Sub Zero cryomancer, Scorpion Ninjitsu/Inferno, Raiden thunder god, and Kano Cutthroat

My goal and only focus when getting the game finished tutorial/story is to get really damn good with noob saibot being able to beat Opponents on very hard, Challenging towers, you name it.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
As someone who has been playing MKX Ermac & CSZ since day 1 and still feels they can improve, I thought about this a lot, so here are my 2 cents (i.e. what I tell myself when I wanna get better, some of which you may already know).

• Memorizing moves/combos. That's like 15% of the difficulty in mastering a character. It's just muscle memory so you just keep doing it in practice mode until it becomes second nature.
  • Ignore your Win/Loss ratio. You're going to lose, a lot. And if you aren't, then you aren't playing against the right people and you'll end up picking up bad habits. Ex. How many noobs do you see jump constantly? A lot because against other noobs, they get away with it.
  • Patience. A huge factor to get better I find. The more patient you are, the better player you become because you let the opponent make the mistake. Keep in mind patience does not mean passiveness.
  • Adaptability. We all fall in patterns and it's the players that can break their pattern to fit an opponents playstyle the fastest that improve the most. If you face noobs constantly that never punish your jump ins, then when you face a better player, stopping that pattern is going to be very hard.
  • Frames. Know yours well. Not necessarily in detail, but know when you can move in, and when you cant.
  • Learn other characters. The benefit here goes without saying. Easier said than done if you're like me. I can't learn a 3rd because it fucks up my mains so I've only ever learned a max of 2 characters.
  • Be aggressive. After you've been patient enough and the opponent made a mistake that you punished, stay in their face. Don't let them breathe. Bait out a wake up, start pressure, grab, etc. But the point is, once you have the momentum going, don't let up. Of course this depends on the character and playstyle.
There's other stuff I think about but this is the core elements I find. IMO, memorizing all the moves is a small aspect. The rest is what Im gonna be focusing on to take my Noob Saibot as far as possible.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
As someone who has been playing MKX Ermac & CSZ since day 1 and still feels they can improve, I thought about this a lot, so here are my 2 cents (i.e. what I tell myself when I wanna get better, some of which you may already know).

• Memorizing moves/combos. That's like 15% of the difficulty in mastering a character. It's just muscle memory so you just keep doing it in practice mode until it becomes second nature.
  • Ignore your Win/Loss ratio. You're going to lose, a lot. And if you aren't, then you aren't playing against the right people and you'll end up picking up bad habits. Ex. How many noobs do you see jump constantly? A lot because against other noobs, they get away with it.
  • Patience. A huge factor to get better I find. The more patient you are, the better player you become because you let the opponent make the mistake. Keep in mind patience does not mean passiveness.
  • Adaptability. We all fall in patterns and it's the players that can break their pattern to fit an opponents playstyle the fastest that improve the most. If you face noobs constantly that never punish your jump ins, then when you face a better player, stopping that pattern is going to be very hard.
  • Frames. Know yours well. Not necessarily in detail, but know when you can move in, and when you cant.
  • Learn other characters. The benefit here goes without saying. Easier said than done if you're like me. I can't learn a 3rd because it fucks up my mains so I've only ever learned a max of 2 characters.
  • Be aggressive. After you've been patient enough and the opponent made a mistake that you punished, stay in their face. Don't let them breathe. Bait out a wake up, start pressure, grab, etc. But the point is, once you have the momentum going, don't let up. Of course this depends on the character and playstyle.
There's other stuff I think about but this is the core elements I find. IMO, memorizing all the moves is a small aspect. The rest is what Im gonna be focusing on to take my Noob Saibot as far as possible.
Thanks for your response, yeah a lot of what you said is true. However one thing that's so frusterating is frame data. I don't think we need to know so much about it but rather just memorize moves that adapt quicker than others. I'm sure ill get the hang of this. Lol also having a high expectation towards being the fastest n most brutal ultra combo noob player is not the way to go. Start from scratch then over time we just get better I guess.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Thanks for your response, yeah a lot of what you said is true. However one thing that's so frusterating is frame data. I don't think we need to know so much about it but rather just memorize moves that adapt quicker than others. I'm sure ill get the hang of this. Lol also having a high expectation towards being the fastest n most brutal ultra combo noob player is not the way to go. Start from scratch then over time we just get better I guess.
Here are my 2 cents: Patience is 50% of the game. Feel pressure, be nervous or feel anger, you lose. Undoubtably.
ENFORCE your opponents to respect your strings by mixing up, canceling into safe specials or back dash. Make them sit and wait for you move and here comes the aggression the master above has already said.
And my personal, don’t practice you newly picked up characters on pros. Learn to walk by playing with beginners and then start running.
There is always room for improvement.