What's new

For those of you who enjoy Mk11 what aspects of the game do you enjoy the most?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  • fun factor, as a/some type/kind of entertainment hobby; for those that love to play games
  • stress relief time: it's good to play a couple of hours at daily basis, after a pretty tough hard day work !
  • challenge approach : I love fighting games, as how they help you to develop your mental and psychology skill , in order to overcome things
  • simply, as MK is my favourite game series franchise, why not keep playing the game ?
you name it the reason ! :p :rolleyes:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
i am in practice almost everyday. Mostly working on fast crouchs, flawless blocks and Frame traps. i love the graphics and colours. Not a big fan of krushing blows and fatal Blows but ok. i will keep playing this game cos this is the last MK game.

Throw tech
I have been leveling up this skill a lot by playing 1st round KO Jacqui, and I can tech ~75% throws on reaction, with a success rate of about 75% (mostly by expecting that the opponents will look for corner position with throws)

Throw tech
I have been leveling up this skill a lot by playing 1st round KO Jacqui, and I can tech ~75% throws on reaction, with a success rate of about 75% (mostly by expecting that the opponents will look for corner position with throws)
Yeah iv been practicing that as well as micro ducking

Vagrant

Noob
Meter regen overhaul is probably my favorite change.

flawless block, KB, variation system all deepen how much there is to learn and practice in your matchups.

I like the increase in throw damage and the damage overall generally coming down a tad.

Armored launchers and invincible wake up launchers basically being gone is also a welcome change.

Variation in jump arc, walk speed, dash speed. I love the way walking feels.

I like the 5 a day thing in Kombat League too. Great way to grind without burning yourself out.

I'm casual and oldschool gamer (40yo).

I like to play offline. Rarely now I have something new in the towers, but I like when I have. I wouldn't like to have everything open like lots of people do.

Like to have variations and things do collect, in the krypt and in the towers, because now there aren't too much anymore and I mostly play online.

The separated bars because in mkx people usually spent bars in breakers.

The krushing blows because you have to think in different situations, I think it's deep.

I always liked the story mode, lore, graphics... the netcode is excellent! I'm from Brazil, internet is not that good here, and in just a few matches I experience lag, generally if the opponent is wireless...

I think the game is awesome and if you follow tym forums you think people hate it, but in fact I think people who like the game are playing instead of writing lol

mrapchem

Noob
This game is excellent because it rewards good spacing and forward/backwards movement far more than MKX ever did.

Anti-airs, though not fully optimized throughout the cast, are quite good when they are spaced properly.

This game definitely requires you to make the most of whiff punishing and a lot of the fun I have from this game is making my opponent whiff things and then killing them for it.

It's also a good thing that rote memorization of combos rarely amounts to wins in this game, unlike in MKX, where vanilla Inferno Scorpion and Bojutsu Kung Jin players would either jump-in on you or 50/50 you and get their 33% damage combo no matter how good your defense was.

Also, I like how zoning isn't horribly oppressive, but it is definitely quite useful for the characters that have good zoning tools in MK11. It is very difficult for characters to win exclusively by repeatedly throwing projectiles - they are eventually forced to combo the opponent in order to reset the zoning game, which is how true zoning is supposed to work.

Krushing Blows give each character uniqueness and gives a level of strategy to the game because you can decide when to use your most damaging ones for exclusive combos. It is very exciting and fun to lull the opponent into giving you a KB combo to perform on them.

Furthermore, the pervasive overhead/low meta that most characters had in MKX - leading to full combos on both options - has been severely toned down in this game, which is definitely for the better. Now, if a character has an overhead/low mixup, usually only one of them will combo and will often also be unsafe if blocked. Not to mention, it's much easier to fuzzy the 50/50s in this game.

I also love the kustomization of character costumes in this game and I hope to see it be expanded greatly in MK12.

Last edited:

Slymind

Noob
Many things.

I like the spacing and reading aspect, doing the right reads and being rewarded for it is extremely satisfying in this game, also the wake up options(except for delayed wake up).

Uppercut krushing blow after ducking a throw feels so good.

Many things.

I like the spacing and reading aspect, doing the right reads and being rewarded for it is extremely satisfying in this game, also the wake up options(except for delayed wake up).

Uppercut krushing blow after ducking a throw feels so good.
D2 kb on throw read is one of my favorite things to. No matter how many times I do it it never gets old

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
D2 KB is something I just can't train my muscle memory to remember after neuching a throw. I think it's partly because

A.) The opponent has breakaway 80% of the time anyways and
B.) Sub Zero has grounded damage anyways.

But it's still something I need to work on, especially when the opponent doesn't have the meter. My brain just says "PUNISH!" and I dial in a 12~iceball. Not even thinking about a d2 :(

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I love the fact that this game encourages strong spacing, patience, fundamentals and neutral as the primary elements of offense and defense. It means that I have to think a lot as I play, and not just autopilot cancels/canned pressure as a means of opening people up.

I feel like it's made me a much stronger fighting game player overall, as I'm not able to get away with a lot of that stuff that I could in say, Injustice 2.

I also like the fact that zoning in this game is a key element of matches, but it usually also doesn't completely dominate most MUs (except in a couple rare cases). It feels perfectly integrated into the footsies, and it's fun to play against and use (unless you're fighting Cetrion, haha).

I really enjoy the fact that each game feels like a chess match, and usually when I lose, I know exactly why and what I need to work on.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The only thing that bothers me is the abundance of disjointed attacks that reach too far and set up stagger pressure. I'd be fine if they were mostly checks and/or whiff punisher tools, but no.

I love the fact that this game encourages strong spacing, patience, fundamentals and neutral as the primary elements of offense and defense. It means that I have to think a lot as I play, and not just autopilot cancels/canned pressure as a means of opening people up.

I feel like it's made me a much stronger fighting game player overall, as I'm not able to get away with a lot of that stuff that I could in say, Injustice 2.

I also like the fact that zoning in this game is a key element of matches, but it usually also doesn't completely dominate most MUs (except in a couple rare cases). It feels perfectly integrated into the footsies, and it's fun to play against and use (unless you're fighting Cetrion, haha).

I really enjoy the fact that each game feels like a chess match, and usually when I lose, I know exactly why and what I need to work on.
mate, we play Jax. Of course we've learned a lot about spacing and patience.

Zviko

Noob
In fighting in general I really like the defensive-counter attacking style and MK11 allows me to play like this. Ducking throws into full combo or D2 KB punish, flawless blocking into U2, parrying everything possible,...these are so much fun to do. That's why I also always look for a character with a parry. Wish everyone had one tbh but I guess flawless block U2/U3 could be used as that.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I really love the meter system. So much.
Flawless blocking.
The removal of safe, unreactable OH and low combo starters.
Interactables being far more balanced.
Krushing blows and fatal blows.
The roster as a whole.
Having a varied wake up system.
Back throws being unique again!
The game rewarding you for labbing a lot. I love feeling that during matches.

I really love the meter system. So much.
Flawless blocking.
The removal of safe, unreactable OH and low combo starters.
Interactables being far more balanced.
Krushing blows and fatal blows.
The roster as a whole.
Having a varied wake up system.
Back throws being unique again!
The game rewarding you for labbing a lot. I love feeling that during matches.
Took the words right out my mouth lol

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I like the general play of it. Flawless blocking is fun to play around with and try to get good at.

I think what I like most is there isn't a megaton of crap in it. You can just kind of play the game without going and getting a PHD in random things you have to memorize. When I get hit, I can usually figure out why, or see why.

I really liked playing Tekken for awhile after dropping IJ2, but man it doesn't take long before you gotta sign over your life to it. I can't memorize stuff, and it takes a long time to get anything new stuffed in upstairs. It's nice to not have to know how to break the long list of King's throws, or know what the hell Voldo is doing crawling around. Having memorization being such an important factor in some games is a real problem for me, and MK11 hits a good sweet spot for what I can handle.

MK11 ends up being very digestible to me. I can enjoy and explore it much more freely. I can play several characters and use that to focus on a specific thing they may do that I struggle with. Like I don't like be aggressive, but it can mean I never learn to play close and let people run on me, so I can play Sonya for a while to focus on thinking about mix or JB to try and just see just how disrespectful I can get before that breaks down. Overall It means I'm getting a lot more out of the game that I do in others.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I like how the player with deeper knowledge of system mechanics ends up winning more often then not. Less cases of people being carried by their character then past games and the game rewards thoughtful play
^^^ This.

There is a LOT about this game I take issue with, but there's a lot I really enjoy as well that fuels my want for it to keep getting better. Mostly that the gap between the high tier and low tier has never been smaller in an NRS game, and getting good fights feels like you're matching actual wits with your opponents rather than playing "which of our characters is the most fucked up?" That, I very much enjoy.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Simply put, because it’s Mortal Kombat. I’m always going to play the newest MK game because MK is one of the closest things to my heart, and always will be
I have quite a few issues with this game, but it’s still fun. It’s gorgeous, I love the roster, and I find matchups in this game a lot of fun to grind and figure out. I’ve probably spent more time in this game in training than any other fighting game. Yes, characters are simple, and that’s a negative, but I like how it kind of makes certain matchups fit like a puzzle piece. Which makes upsets so fun.
I just can’t find a character I can play over and over that makes me want to come back every night. I have fun with a lot, but I can’t stick with a main. I’m really looking forward to Sheeva and especially Ash.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Simply put, because it’s Mortal Kombat. I’m always going to play the newest MK game because MK is one of the closest things to my heart, and always will be
I have quite a few issues with this game, but it’s still fun. It’s gorgeous, I love the roster, and I find matchups in this game a lot of fun to grind and figure out. I’ve probably spent more time in this game in training than any other fighting game. Yes, characters are simple, and that’s a negative, but I like how it kind of makes certain matchups fit like a puzzle piece. Which makes upsets so fun.
I just can’t find a character I can play over and over that makes me want to come back every night. I have fun with a lot, but I can’t stick with a main. I’m really looking forward to Sheeva and especially Ash.
Could not agree with your sentiment more.
And that's part of my current problem.
I have been pretty much devoted to Noob Saibot since I saw his trailer. He and his Shadow warm the place in my heart where Noob/Smoke in MK Deception (my favorite MK title of all time) used to rule the roost, and I knew the moment I saw their trailer that they were going to be #1 above all unless Ashrah or Cyrax got/get in.
The problem, however, is that Noob right now, is at best a pocket character overall. He does not, in my opinion, have the sauce to get to the top on his own right now. And I'd be fine with that, but I have not found anyone in the Top 8 echelon of better characters that I vibe with enough to grind as I have ground with Noob. But I am optimistic, for either Spawn or Kombat Pack 2 to point me in the right direction. There are certain characters that for me have the same gravity Noob does, that make it worth the suffering. Once the grind is satisfying again, it's curtains for my despair.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I like the slower pace. It just seems more honest than 9 or X for the most part and I really enjoy it. I do dislike 5050 throws, I personally wish we could just tech with the same button(s) we grab like in other games.

I know its an unpopular opinion but the game is just so close to being perfect for me, just some of the nonsense like mix up throws and yolo Jacqui shit flying around the screen like a fucking marvel character or something kind of annoys but other than that I like it. I hope NRS continues to build on and improve on what they have done with 11 rather than regress to MKX's style of gameplay.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I like that it feels like you can’t just head roll on a keyboard to win, it takes lots of critical thinking

i also like that MOST characters have at least 1 variation that’s good enough to play