What's new

For Honor

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
is the online play/netcode in this game good? i can only find a handful of terrible reviews from 2017, but hows the state today? thx!
It's not bad but not perfect either. I'd say rarely do I see people lagging enough to really affect the game. I have an issue with disconnecting from the servers pretty often but I think that only some people have that.

It's not bad but not perfect either. I'd say rarely do I see people lagging enough to really affect the game. I have an issue with disconnecting from the servers pretty often but I think that only some people have that.
thx for the info, ive read about disconnects pretty often tbh. do you know if its a rollback netcode or something else?

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
thx for the info, ive read about disconnects pretty often tbh. do you know if its a rollback netcode or something else?
I don't actually know, when the lag gets pretty bad you'll just start taking stray hits while your opponent stands completely still, but I have seen attacks that kill turn into parries instead after the fact. I think that sounds like rollback?

The game plays fine online now.
can you flawless block (forget what is called in for honor) lights on reaction on console?? I know this is a “noob” complaint but getting orochi light spammed to death in lag gave me cancer.

I’ve had the urge to get back into this game lately but I gotta remind myself i suck. Getting into fighting games is such an investment sometimes lol. So much to re learn and the playerbase has to be worth it, ya know?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
can you flawless block (forget what is called in for honor) lights on reaction on console?? I know this is a “noob” complaint but getting orochi light spammed to death in lag gave me cancer.

I’ve had the urge to get back into this game lately but I gotta remind myself i suck. Getting into fighting games is such an investment sometimes lol. So much to re learn and the playerbase has to be worth it, ya know?
A friend of mine who has been playing since the game dropped can parry most light attacks, but 99% of the people who play on console can't. I dont have a problem reacting to lights, but parrying is something else.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey

I personally cannot parry lights on reaction, but I know people on console who can.

things that will help you parry lights attacks btw they are 400ms.

-high refresh rate monitors example like 144hz+
-very low input lag monitors.
-direct input controllers not wireless.
-overclocking your controller (at your own risk)
-been young ;)

--

as some of you know im a Ubisoft employee , its nice to see how much of you guys enjoy the game i worked on the production for 5 years and now as a service i still make trailers for them! i was part of the combat team testing the balance and such. My best friend is a character designer and probably the best player in the dev team we had some epic sets at the studio.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
The casual console community in this game got me getting some of the scrubbiest messages I've ever received. I play against rep 300 people who be complaining about parrying loooool.

This games amazing though it's come a looooong way.

things that will help you parry lights attacks btw they are 400ms.

-high refresh rate monitors example like 144hz+
-very low input lag monitors.
-direct input controllers not wireless.
-overclocking your controller (at your own risk)
-been young ;)

--

as some of you know im a Ubisoft employee , its nice to see how much of you guys enjoy the game i worked on the production for 5 years and now as a service i still make trailers for them! i was part of the combat team testing the balance and such. My best friend is a character designer and probably the best player in the dev team we had some epic sets at the studio.
Fix Shaolin pls.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
So, I used to play the shit out of this game. Then they knee jerk nerfed WARDEN of all characters, my main, so I dropped the game and haven’t played since. Have they fixed Warden yet? I’ve been seeing my old videos on my memories TL on facebook, and it has me missing this game. Basically my question is, have they completely messed the game up by now or have they made it better?

Zviko

Noob
The biggest disappointment about this game and also the reason why I dropped it was the focus on team based modes both by developers and players. And I don't get that at all. Seems like a perfect game for duels and it could be huge at esports. At release there were 1v1 tournaments for a while then it kinda died off. The main reason was the balancing issues with op Conqs, Warlords and Wardens but that got fixed eventually. Ranked only came like 2y after release and it's still trash. I don't get it. I'd love if they ever make For Honor 2 to focus more on duels.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The biggest disappointment about this game and also the reason why I dropped it was the focus on team based modes both by developers and players. And I don't get that at all. Seems like a perfect game for duels and it could be huge at esports. At release there were 1v1 tournaments for a while then it kinda died off. The main reason was the balancing issues with op Conqs, Warlords and Wardens but that got fixed eventually. Ranked only came like 2y after release and it's still trash. I don't get it. I'd love if they ever make For Honor 2 to focus more on duels.
Warden was never OP. He was just used a lot and was a good character. Nothing he had was too good or broken. Reminds me of Scorpion in MKX and MK11. He never had anything broken yet was constantly complained about because he was good but he was used a lot. If a character is good, but used very frequently, you’ll get a lot of complaints even if they are unwarranted.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Say what you want about For Honor, it's managed to last for 5 years and still has an active playerbase and gets moderate content support. Ubisoft has scaled back the dev team and thus the frequency/abundancy of new stuff but it's still very much alive. That being said, I really hope they're working on a For Honor 2 for next-gen just to build on what was successful and fun in the original.

@Juggs Warden just got reworked last patch you might want to check it out. The game itself has gone through a lot of changes in 5 years.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Say what you want about For Honor, it's managed to last for 5 years and still has an active playerbase and gets moderate content support. Ubisoft has scaled back the dev team and thus the frequency/abundancy of new stuff but it's still very much alive. That being said, I really hope they're working on a For Honor 2 for next-gen just to build on what was successful and fun in the original.

@Juggs Warden just got reworked last patch you might want to check it out. The game itself has gone through a lot of changes in 5 years.
Oh nice. Yeah I literally haven’t played or watched the game since Warden originally got nerfed 4/5 years ago. If they were willing to nerf Warden the way they did due to the complaints of mostly casuals, I had zero hope for the future of the game. But I’ll check it out, appreciate the info!