What's new

For all the People Asking to Ban or Nerf Jacqui, Have they Tried this Match Up?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I found Kollector and his Range to really Help in the Jacqui Match Up

I don’t think jacqui needs banning as a disclaimer, but this video genuinely doesn’t prove anything. For starters its not even the variation that people dislike at all lol. Secondly beating up the wrong variation in ranked doesn’t prove anything remotely. The guy looked like he barely knew how to play.

I think the only 3 things that make a counter for her is a great s1 and a 9f mid to contest her bullshit -2 strings and some decent projectiles.
Basically Cassie maybe Johnny though the latter lacks the 9f I think he can still do alright.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I'm thinking about picking up Bone Picker Baraka specifically for this match up.

What do you guys think?
Bonepicker would probably be good with his spine burst. His f4 is decent and you can convert off of it but it's hard to hit confirm. You also might be able to throw her out of the air if her hurtbox is low enough but that would need testing to verify the viability.
Spine burst will for sure be a good tool though. Almost everything else baraka wise is kinda slow or has block gaps. His d3 is super stubby too though and you don't get the blade extension d+f3 in bone picker.

Thankfully though I haven't had to deal with too many Upgraded players.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
The only match ups she has some kinda of trouble are the characters that have anti air special moves (noob, dvorah, baraka, etc).
She still beats most of them (noob and dvorah i think its 5-5) and she still has no losing mus tho

Suntory

Suntory
The only match ups she has some kinda of trouble are the characters that have anti air special moves (noob, dvorah, baraka, etc).
She still beats most of them (noob and dvorah i think its 5-5) and she still has no losing mus tho
I think Shang does okay against Upgraded, especially if he can make the reads on when she'll try to get in. Not saying that I have a hold on the match up, but after labbing it for a good 90 minutes (recording the AI doing a corner fuck and other pressure strings that one did to me in Kasual Match the other day), I feel much more comfortable.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
To me, this is kiiinda like advertising that Jacqui is ok because Frost can DB3 her outta the air lol. So, we have 2 characters with long attacks total to deal with this nonsense.

Also, you mean Upgraded, right?

What is it about Kollector that you think counters Jacqui so well?
the B3 takes her out of Super Jump and can be full Combo if timed right.
his BF 2 and DB 2 has good pushback so you can end blocked strings with them
Blocked 44 into 44 into 4 will keep her at bay
Fantastic wake up 3
and most Jacqui you meet online won't know the Kollector match up

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
the B3 takes her out of Super Jump and can be full Combo if timed right.
his BF 2 and DB 2 has good pushback so you can end blocked strings with them
Blocked 44 into 44 into 4 will keep her at bay
Fantastic wake up 3
and most Jacqui you meet online won't know the Kollector match up
B3 would only work against full screen leaps which no good jacqui’s would do because its easy punish for any character in the game, and its too slow to interrupt any of her leap pressure up close so that point isn’t valid imo.
Bf2 has a huge gap after canceled from any string that can be interrupted, and even if you don’t interrupt the gap, reversal dash punch punishes his bf2 every time
S44 is the most gimmicky string in the entire game, as you only need to micro duck its first hit and you will either interrupt the full string or punish the stagger alone, which means that you cant keep anyone at bay with it, especially jacqui with her 9f mid.
Idk how a “fantastic u3” makes the slightest difference when talking about match ups, but if you really wanna make it a point than ill go ahead and just say that every single u3 in the game are easily baited and punished, kollector isn’t even on the top tier u3, as it has 29 frames of recovery and if the opponent makes it whiff you are getting punished 10/10 times.
Relying on people “not knowing the mu” is just wrong and you cant make it an argument, especially when talking about mu numbers considering that they are defined by the highest possible level of gameplay.

Kollector’s fastest poke is 8f, jacqui can just steamroll her pressure and he has to hold it all while guessing right on the many options she has after anything she does.

Jacqui wins this mu probably 7-3, at the very best is a 6-4 her favor.

Matix218

Get over here!
I get wrecked by Upgraded pretty much everytime. I need to lab that match more. I main reborn scorpion and Jacqui is the hardest character to play against IMO.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
As Kollector, you just need to d1 her Shrapnel Blast Amp during her pressure into standing 1,2 Bola to full combo punish her if she tries that option.
The matchup is all about keeping her out but if she gets in, it's very tough and she can just steamroll through you.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Feels like Raijin Raiden should do well against her. His DB2 (Summon Lightening) is an 11 frame anti air special that does a ton of damage when amped, and he can also use his Discharge as an anti air if that gets charged up. Discharge can also punish Bionic Dash and B22. If he can keep her at mid range he should do ok.