What's new

Footsies in MK11, yay or nay?

Do you enjoy the footsies and neutral game in MK11?

• Total voters

Elias6999

Mournful Master
So today I played a few sets, and I really appreciated the neutral play and footsies in MK11, they are fun and intuitive, but playing against Erron Black, Frost, Cetrion, Jax, and Kabal and their absolutely game dominating fatal blows makes me rage so hard, and I feel like they violate the meta, when they have their fatal blows, the game suddenly becomes a super wacky version of MK11 where you chase them around the screen and try not to be baited into anything, because if you do, BAM! Even Scorpion’s teleport, despite the nerf, goes against the MK11 footsie meta IMO. But that’s just a few characters, I really enjoy playing with and against the rest of the cast, and I do enjoy the neutral play. What about you guys?

Agilaz

It has begun
I think that over time, the biggest "fuck neutral" tools will be nerfed or otherwise changed.

Let's take Kabal. He's a super good and I like playing against him cause it's a MU that really tests your own spacing. But god forbid you get him down to 30% and he has a bit of breathing room. I absolutely hate the fact I need to basically block at all times or get tapped with that shit if I do anything but block.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
what is dumb? no good kabal will fb you while you do nothing you have to bait it and punish

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The only fatal blow that's a problem right now is Jax's. Erron's was BS as well but much better to deal with after the patch.

The rest are slow enough to deal with. But Jax.... Ugh

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I especially enjoyed Scorpion's footsies, hopefully that's over.
But we still have fullscreen launchers so yeah...

I think that over time, the biggest "fuck neutral" tools will be nerfed or otherwise changed.

Let's take Kabal. He's a super good and I like playing against him cause it's a MU that really tests your own spacing. But god forbid you get him down to 30% and he has a bit of breathing room. I absolutely hate the fact I need to basically block at all times or get tapped with that shit if I do anything but block.
Nobody should be rewarded for losing in a match. Never liked that kind of comeback mechanic.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?

True, but it's not that stressful if you have more than 50%. In this case you should rush him down like crazy. If he uses and hits you with the fb and you live, then good, you have yours on deck and now he's stressed. But. I played a couple of sets against a Kabal, whom I beat all matches but around 12/2 in rounds, whom I'd say is a 4-5/10 in terms of gameplay. Yet he did on me a 60% fb combo twice. Now this is ridiculous about Kabal for sure.