What's new

Fly Forever via Interactable

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile

Could be useful to time out a match in your favor or just to mess with your opponent.
S tier tech. Get a health lead. Run the clock like a professional. Great find xD

Can you imagine? I can't even fly this consistently.

They ruined this w an old patch (in case anyone stumbles across this) I think you should get at least one fly cancel after intractable jump, always. But instead its as many as you want before and none after.... or no fly cancels before, and 1 cancel after intractable.

Espio

Kokomo
He can still do it with the crocodile so if you have another non-power character, prepare to be an irritating bastard for the entire set.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
He can still do it with the crocodile so if you have another non-power character, prepare to be an irritating bastard for the entire set.
what the fuck why is this my first time seeing this.

reason number 2 million as to why gadget characters > power characters

you prefer that mkx life where the second you get touched you just mash your armored launcher until it works or your lifebar is empty?
Ahem!. Only two characters had armored launchers after the last patch. Unbreakable (That needed to setup aura first) and Tremor. The whole rest of the cast lost the armored launchers.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
lmfaooo at all those scrubby top players who kept getting hit by Scarecrow and Hellboy's b3. what a bunch of idiots, eh, can't they just block?
I'm just confused.
  • If your character lacks the buttons to even poke at that range then why are you even getting hit by it in the first place, just block.
  • If your opponent has been hitting you with a lot of MB B3's while your in your best footsie button range then probably learn your lesson and block, make them waste their meter. Hell, backdash it if you don't even want to hold the plus frames, MB B3 yourself if you've got the range
  • I don't think I've watched an IJ2 match in the last 6 months where I've thought "Man, X player is getting hit by a lot of MB B3's" and simultaneously thought there wasn't something they could do about it, i.e Backdash? MB B3? Armour break if you have the right buttons? Bounce cancel off your best footsie button? Block? Respect the option?
Comparing armoured launchers in MKX to armoured launchers in IJ2 just isn't right. Armour doesn't come out instantly on MB B3's, they're usually around 30 frames of startups, you can't cancel them from a string unless you have 2 bars, you can't wakeup MB B3 properly. Very few of them have the range you speak of as well, the only two that are truly oppressive and are the hardest to get by in the neutral are Scarecrows and Aquamans and that's mostly because they anti-air super well.

Not even to mention the fact that the original post was about how you mash armoured launchers as soon as you are forced to take pressure/get knocked down, which will never work in IJ2 unless you're really doing something wrong.

Don't you play Bane and Superman? Like two of the best characters in the game at dealing with this specific problem?

Last edited: