What's new

Breakthrough - Kitana Float Cooldown

After I stopped a stream session last night, I went into the lab a little bit before calling it a night and made a discovery with the Float. It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes but this move has a cooldown when the regular version is used after an UP 2. I followed this up with another UP 2 cancel into the float (didn't work) and then the JIP 2 into F2,2, UP 4 and tried canceling into float and no dice. Take a look at the video attached to see what I mean.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Nice discovery. I had run into the same issue a few times when doing f112, db2, ex float, jip, f22u4 float and thought it was just my execution (I hadn't played in a while and am a little rusty).

In my opinion, this is intentional. I'm almost certain that during the developmental process of this patch, someone found a meterless loop with the changes to float and as such implemented this to prevent it from happening. Looping strings at the cost of meter is one thing, but meterless is another. Guess we just have to be mindful of that cooldown when using U2/F22U4 post float.

It has allways been there, in all patches before this one after EXdb2 float airfan combo agains the wall I allways wanted to do a jump in kick and float again to neutral punch, and it didnt come out, actually I landed the ground and a regular db2 came out.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
There's always been a cool down if you do a special move out of the float. It's now happening if you connect with a forward jump attack.
I know people are crying for this to be removed, but since the cooldown IS intentional, I see no reason for it to be taken out since there are legit ways out of it, but because people don't lab....... -_-

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
U2xxfloat, ji2, f112xxdb2xxExfloat, ji2, f112xxdb2xxexfloat, ji2, U2xxfloat, ji2, f112xxdb2xxExfloat, ji2, f112xxshadow kick.