What's new

Video/Tutorial Flight Guide (Character Specific)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm going to begin a video guide showing which characters HawkGirl can virtually avoid with ease and which characters can take her out of the air rather easily. So far, with my limited experience with HawkGirl, I have found:

NightWing: She can easily avoid when she is at her highest peak. He has to lose patience and start to jump in.

DeathStroke: If you hover just above his normal gun shot and a little up in the corner (full screen even) his air shots miss her. I don't know about his grenade thingy... Also his flip kick I believe is avoidable.

Superman: Upper corner, highest peak...his lasers miss her. The only time Superman takes me out of the air is when he does his air grab move. I haven't played too many Superman's so more research is needed.

Harley: Practically avoidable all together. Cupcakes miss...you just have to watch out for the air guns.

Catwoman: I haven't fought a Catwoman as HawkGirl but since she is my main I'm pretty sure she is COMPLETELY avoidable...just have to watch out for her whip/up whip, JI2.

AquaMan: Highest peak I BELIEVE his completely avoidable.

Batman: He is difficult to avoid. His trait will take her out easily. Also he has two projectiles that travel diagonally up.

Bane: I BELIEVE he is avoidable...only played 1 good Bane and he couldn't catch me.

*I'll update with further information as well as a video guide SHOWING all of this in action. Post any and all information about Flight Avoidance regarding any character and I'll include it in the writeup/guide. ;)

Awake

Noob
Pro tip, wake up bf2 every time you are knocked down. Fully invincible, safe on block, extremely hard to punish even if baited into whiffing, unbelievably cheap. Opponent is forced to guess and burn meter to beat it. Basically if you get knocked down, your at an advantage.

RunwayMafia

Pro tip, wake up bf2 every time you are knocked down. Fully invincible, safe on block, extremely hard to punish even if baited into whiffing, unbelievably cheap. Opponent is forced to guess and burn meter to beat it. Basically if you get knocked down, your at an advantage.
Yup. I use it constantly.

RunwayMafia

Espio Buffalo Awake And any/all Hawk Girl Mains. Here is kind of a mock up of what I could do with this flight avoidance guide. Showing the ranges at which you need to be to avoid specials from all the characters in the game. Is this something you guys would want made or do you think it's pretty self explanatory. Let me know so I don't make this guide and it turns out WRETCHED! ;)

Awake

Noob
I do think this is a cool idea, although im not a hawkgirl main, or player for that matter. Im just a Grundy who is super salty i can't vortex this character :D

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Espio Buffalo Awake And any/all Hawk Girl Mains. Here is kind of a mock up of what I could do with this flight avoidance guide. Showing the ranges at which you need to be to avoid specials from all the characters in the game. Is this something you guys would want made or do you think it's pretty self explanatory. Let me know so I don't make this guide and it turns out WRETCHED! ;)

I'd appreciate this very much. Just from that short clip, I got so many great ideas. I definitely support it and if you need any help, please let me know.

chores

bad at things

maybe make a chart similar to http://testyourmight.com/threads/ares-space-control.30831/

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Bane can definitely reach max height with his db2 (which will be difficult to stuff if he has venom injected), although he may have a hard time getting in range to do it with her mobility if they're midscreen.