What's new

Flawless Block Guide for Liu Kang

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I made this since I didnt find a flawless block guide written out specifically for Liu Kang and feel that this is a great way to improve and gain MU knowledge
Also because I was sick of facing a bunch of characters with safe string and not being able to do shit about it but poke.

If anybody has better combos, let me know, this is just what I found.

PS. Poor Raiden.... His main pressure string (B3, 1) goes from -6 to -16 when flawless blocked lol
PPS. Fucking Kabal

Attachments

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Also, for the better combos, optimal for males is f3333, 34, f43xxbf3. I think that might also work after fb up2.
Yea it does as long as the pushback isnt too huge but since it was only for males, I figured Id put a more consistent one for the entire cast.
In a perfect world though, we would go for the one you mentionned whenever facing a male opponent

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Kindred what u use in corner off flawless block?
Oh good point, that would be something important to add in the document!
I will test it out to make sure of the dmg and that it works later tonight but I would do

U2 > 34 > 212 > 123~BF3(amp)

It is my experience (and others have mentioned this) that F2 scales the combos a lot. Replacing it with 34 should give more damage.

Of course, if you flawless block anything in the corner that gives you a Flawless block advantage that's more than 11f, I would go for one of those combos instead of U2:

1-bar
F43U3(KB) > 34 > 123~BF3(amp) = 442 (not optimal but easy to land consistently)
F43U3(KB) > 34 > 212 > 123~BF3(amp) = 476
2-bars
F43U3(KB) > 4~DB1(amp) > 123~BF3(amp) = 466
F43U3 (KB), B34~DB1(amp) > 123~BF3(amp) = 507
(473 without BF3 amplification)

EDIT
@DeftMonk
I originally said this combo: U2 > 34 > 212 > 123~BF3(amp)
But after testing it, there are 2 problems. Many flawless blocks lead to a small pushback, which makes connecting the 212 very difficult since you had to dash in to land the 34. Also, when you do manage to land U2 > 34 > 212 > 123, the BF3 whiffs because they fall too fast at this point. Doing 12~BF3 instead works and you end up with 323 dmg dealt. Not bad but fucking hard

This is the better, easier option for Fb in the corner (unless someone has a better one) :

U2 > dash > 34 > 12 > 123~BF3(amp) = 322

Last edited: