What's new

Video/Tutorial Flash Video Thread

Tonymitsu

"Zoom, zoom..."
I'm sure people know this guy already, and I apologize if these have been brought up before, but my searches couldn't turn up anything so...

I thought I would try to put the word out about the videos that brought me here. They were done by a guy named Maximilian (Miles923 is the youtube channel). The commentary is frequently... silly... and annoying... but there's quite a fair amount of practical stuff in here.

Highlights include:
-Aquaman's From the Deep can be punished on block by the Lightning charge from apparantly anywhere
-A number of mentions of the Flash's speed dodge accidentally coming out when using a stick and hitting db instead of d when crossing up. Alternate controls are suggested.
-The Flash's anti-air sucks. his d2 gets stuffed by seemingly everything.
-A glaring weakness to keep away, Green Lantern and Nightwing in particular. Green Lanterns Rocket Power (d,b,2) is notable, because of the awkward angle that makes jumping in risky, the ability to vary distance, and the meter burn version shoots a second rocket that does go full screen. In fact all of Green Lantern's keep away did between 17% and 20% when burned.
-The Batman Beyond fight in the 3rd video was pretty interesting as well. Batman avoided a lot of mixups by backdashing after doing a canned strings.

Based on these videos the key seems to be "Get in, and stay in." Flash did virtually all of his damage at point blank and was useless at virtually anything beyond midscreen. I could totally see the Speed Dodge becoming very important to maintaining pressure at higher level play, given the ridiculous punishment opportunities it provides. Conversely this means that anything the Flash has that pushes out is useless (mb speed dodge comes to mind).

SaJa

FH_FenriR
As compared to what he actually can do. I mean he never uses his overhead (no 50/50), he jumps too much and fortunetly for him his opponents don't have any fondamentals and don't know to crouch block. :/ His BnB does 31% when you have so much easier online for 34% or more an he is not using his best string (b2, 2). He also have some problem to hitconfirm lot of stuffs.

It is not against Maximilian, he just play every characters of the game but don't take him as an example of how to play the flash.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Both Scar and LumberZach have a really strong Flash. I love seeing good Flash gameplay haha.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I'm in the lab with him now lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
don't expose too much tech, am trying to go to ect 5 with all my hidden flash tech a secret :) that why i haven't made a video about some of them yet, most of them involve a set up or a trait otg, i'll make videos after ect 5, right now flashes greatest strength is people not knowing the MU LOL

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
From the Injustice videos that I've seen that Max has posted, he really seems to try and play Injustice too much like he would play Street Fighter X Tekken. It always seems like he is trying to do d,1,2 and then a cross up attempt.

spin4u

Noob
I don't think thats high level, but none the less good so far. CAT didn't punish those kicks at all d,f,1. Where was the d,d2 cancels at. didnt see any hard knock down cross ups. but still good post.

spin4u

Noob
so a 6 frame start up is not good? batman has a 6 frame that should punish? maybe i am wrong with the frame data but i guess i can test it out. But Flash does no chip damage!!! sucks

SaJa

FH_FenriR
so a 6 frame start up is not good? batman has a 6 frame that should punish? maybe i am wrong with the frame data but i guess i can test it out. But Flash does no chip damage!!! sucks
Lex luthor's charge is 6 frames, you can easily block from it after Flash's df1. And be carefull trying to punishing the Flash, because he can full combo from his 7 frames poke.

TEFLON

Noob
Whats up people,

Even though it's nothing special(only38%), just wanted to share this one because, I thought it looked stylish:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I keep trying to do df1 after the D1D2 but the timing is strict :(

ecksyz

speed force.
i played a long set with the guy who's ranked #20 on PSN (he's a friend of mine irl). the ranking thing doesn't really matter, but he has a good harley quinn and i thought maybe i could get some helpful criticism from you guys.

feel free to mute my dumb ass commentary, and keep in mind the connection quality was occasionally under water