What's new

Video/Tutorial Flash Trait Resets

E

Eldriken

Flash tech should be banned on TYM. >=O

On a serious note (TO AVOID AN INFRACTION HUE HUE): Keep it up, I suppose. =P

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Standing resets aren't actual resets. They're more 50/50s I'd say. With the opponent's wake ups out of the way, all you have to do is guess right and hit him with a full combo.
With that being said, these can be done with no trait, or while activating trait mid combo which is super effective given that at the time you leave him standing, you'd still have your trait active which gives him less time to react to your next move.
These are still pretty amazing regardless. Keep it up Witness!

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Standing resets aren't actual resets. They're more 50/50s I'd say. With the opponent's wake ups out of the way, all you have to do is guess right and hit him with a full combo.
With that being said, these can be done with no trait, or while activating trait mid combo which is super effective given that at the time you leave him standing, you'd still have your trait active which gives him less time to react to your next move.
Resets are 50 50s Its giving up on damage for more potential damage

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
This is an actual reset. The definition of a reset for injustice is ending a combo that leaves the opponent standing and leaves you at a frame advantage, which has your opponent in a guessing game of blocking high/low. If these combos weren't done with trait, then yes it wouldn't be an actual reset because when you stand your opponent up with standing 3,2, Flash is negative. But it's done with trait so flash recovers from 32 faster than the opponent in their standing reset.

In other news, Flash players, either stahp it or pick up CW and grundy amd find some tech with them.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Resets are 50 50s Its giving up on damage for more potential damage
I agree. That's how most fighting games see the resets. I tend to compare it to Cyrax's inescapable ones. Like when you have no options whatsoever after the first combo and you have to eat the second one lol

This is an actual reset. The definition of a reset for injustice is ending a combo that leaves the opponent standing and leaves you at a frame advantage, which has your opponent in a guessing game of blocking high/low. If these combos weren't done with trait, then yes it wouldn't be an actual reset because when you stand your opponent up with standing 3,2, Flash is negative. But it's done with trait so flash recovers from 32 faster than the opponent in their standing reset.
But by the time he hits 32 the trait is depleted. Will he still be recovering faster?

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I agree. That's how most fighting games see the resets. I tend to compare it to Cyrax's inescapable ones. Like when you have no options whatsoever after the first combo and you have to eat the second one lol

But by the time he hits 32 the trait is depleted. Will he still be recovering faster?
He doesn't recover faster because of trait. He recovers before the opponent recovers from the standing reset. Trait does wear off after that, but they're still in the animation of being stood up when it runs out and flash has already recovered from 32

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
[QUOTE"Rodrigue, post: 1551168, member: 16706"]I agree. That's how most fighting games see the resets. I tend to compare it to Cyrax's inescapable ones. Like when you have no options whatsoever after the first combo and you have to eat the second one lol

But by the time he hits 32 the trait is depleted. Will he still be recovering faster?[/QUOTE]
Cyrax Is what u call bullshit

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord

In other news, Flash players, either stahp it or pick up CW and grundy amd find some tech with them.
Flash has quite a few different standing resets using 32 without trait. A few of them leave him at negative frames but some of them leave him at plus frames.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Flash has quite a few different standing resets using 32 without trait. A few of them leave him at negative frames but some of them leave him at plus frames.
Does the one using a BGB b3 32 leave him at plus frames? I always seem to get a free d1 after it

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Cool! Under what conditions does 32 reset? I thought the game engine had flags for specific moves that reset, but this seems to suggest that the engine determines if an attack resets if certain environmental/gravity scaling conditions are met.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Cool! Under what conditions does 32 reset? I thought the game engine had flags for specific moves that reset, but this seems to suggest that the engine determines if an attack resets if certain environmental/gravity scaling conditions are met.
The 2 of 3,2 is two kicks. The first kick leaves them standing, the second knocks down. The standing reset works by only hitting the first kick of the 2 and whiffing the second.