What's new

Flash Restands/Resets

HappyPow

Noob
These are the combos I do the most of the time. I have tons more but there is so many ways to get restands through 32 and resets thanks to either DD2F2--D1 Ex pound or whatever or even through EX Pound by itself.
Enjoy the few example and tell me what you think about it!

New combo video under the 1.07 patch (most of the combos above still work)

Optimal midscreen???

Now the big vid gathering my lastest stuff that I was hiding for months lmao
So now I get mopped at Eleague, I can share this!

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Every time i see this stuff it makes me sad how tricky flash is comparative to other characters.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
shit, i'd probably leave if that happened :/, too stupid.

how many ways can this character make you guess?
generally just two, either overhead / low, or back / forward.

That one we are talking about isn't even a guess, the ground pound will always cross up. You just gotta learn the match up. Or leave. Whichever works best for you i guess

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

That one we are talking about isn't even a guess, the ground pound will always cross up. You just gotta learn the match up. Or leave. Whichever works best for you i guess
ill try anything once, that being said, i probably wouldnt play more than one match against a flash player that pulled half the stuff in that vid. lol

nice stuff tho.

God Confirm

ill try anything once, that being said, i probably wouldnt play more than one match against a flash player that pulled half the stuff in that vid. lol

nice stuff tho.
32 whiff standing resets are neutral for the most part, all F3 cross ups dont work if you are tech rolling, and holding Downwards during his combos blocks random D1 OTG/Cross-Ups and almost definitely gives you a punish. Remember these three points vs Flash the only thing you really need to learn is Ground Pound cross-up set-ups

Last edited:

HappyPow

Noob

For the Sonic Pound : You can choose if it crosses up or not (Indeed not in the corner, always crossing up). For instance mid screen you can do : starter--special MB -- trait -- kick kick 112 32 32. Then if you do the mid pound it crosses up but if you do the close one it is a non crossup one! :D

HappyPow

Noob
32 whiff standing resets are neutral for the most part, all F3 cross ups dont work if you are tech rolling, and holding Downwards during his combos blocks random D1 OTG/Cross-Ups and almost definitely gives you a punish. Remember these three points vs Flash the only thing you really need to learn is Ground Pound cross-up set-ups, but they aren't even a guess.
The restands with 32 are not neutral but positive. Must be about +5/6?. D12 is guaranteed and if you time it "perfectly" opponent can't backdash. On the other hand if you time it wrong backdash can dodge D12 but you still have the mind game because if you read the backdash then you can do f23 to catch them. And indeed D12 is guaranteed but not F2 so your opponent can poke you or whatever out of that but like I said it is a mind game state with one guaranteed option from Flash.
Talking about restands without trait

God Confirm

The restands with 32 are not neutral but positive. Must be about +5/6?. D12 is guaranteed and if you time it "perfectly" opponent can't backdash. On the other hand if you time it wrong backdash can dodge D12 but you still have the mind game because if you read the backdash then you can do f23 to catch them. And indeed D12 is guaranteed but not F2 so your opponent can poke you or whatever out of that but like I said it is a mind game state with one guaranteed option from Flash.
Talking about restands without trait
thanks, I was told otherwise, didnt realise how legit the 32 enders were. If you can beat backdashes thats definitely not a gimmick at all

HappyPow

Noob
thanks, I was told otherwise, didnt realise how legit the 32 enders were. If you can beat backdashes thats definitely not a gimmick at all
To be more precise I think it depends of the height when you do the 32 restand, more height = more plus frames because he takes much longer to fall on the ground restanded. Makes sense.

geezy89

Weekend Warrior
Vid was awesome thanks for sharing. I do have a question though. I see most flashes do 11 in the corner when for the most part 12 does more damage. Is there a reason for that?

HappyPow

Noob
Vid was awesome thanks for sharing. I do have a question though. I see most flashes do 11 in the corner when for the most part 12 does more damage. Is there a reason for that?
I do it just because I played the 1st lol.
112 is also nice to get the setup F3 by canceling the string into RMS Forward but indeed 12 123 BF1 does more damages haha

geezy89

Weekend Warrior
I do it just because I played the 1st lol.
112 is also nice to get the setup F3 by canceling the string into RMS Forward but indeed 12 123 BF1 does more damages haha
I play flash as a secondary and in most cases I can get the F3 to cross up all the same ending my combos with 123 RMS forward. I'm guessing most Flashes are like you though and are just more familiar with the 112 string. Just curious thanks.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
I just added what I believe is the optimal midscree. If not then daaaaang show me!
The 528dmg is super EZ to do just saying.
Yeah I saw your tweet on that. Good shit. I often whiff the b2-df1 tho because I do it too early. Gotta adjust. These combos are 10 damage more on average than my previous optimals.