What's new

Flamethrower resets: The best way to do it and how to practice it

Mormel

Noob
V2 Robocop, in my opinion, is extremely potent up close, as he is far away with Flamethrower.

It goes like this, Flamethrower is a mid special attack for Variation 2. It does not restand, but if the opponent is not in the air, it will leave them +15 and plus +17 amplified on block. How can Robocop use this to his advantage?

With a quick enough dash after flamethrower, Robocop can use F21 or throw, both of which will stuff the opponent if they tried pressing a button. F2 is a mid, throw is a high. The opponent must then guess, this is the strike/throw mixup. Robocop on hit with F21 however can special cancel with flamethrower, leaving the opponent in dangerous vortex of mixups if he wants.

F21 is the best string to use because it is advancing and has a KB attached in F212 if the opponent tries pressing a button after F21, which they might want to do since it's -5 on block, giving robocop no chance to try and stagger into another attack unless it's F212. It's also worth mentioning here that F212 ends with an overhead, which means Robocop can also try a mixup with F21 AMP Arm CC Cannon, leaving them +7 on block. And it's also worth mentioning that Robocop's throw has a KB in association with previous throw failed escape attempts, meaning the opponent PERHAPS will be less likely to try teching and instead ducking lest they eat that krushing blow.

I talk about how exactly you can use training mode to practice this in training mode, but essentially what you're trying to get into muscle memory is the concept of cancelling the dash after flamethrower correctly with F2 and buffering the directional inputs after F21 to confirm in Flamethrower without ACCIDENTLY doing F21 Arm CC Cannon when attempting a F212 string.

I've seen a lot of people talk about how Robocop is SO FOCUSED on exclusively zoning, and I definitely don't think this is the case. Sure, Robocop is great with zoning but he has good options up close as well, I hope this thread and my video hope show that. If for no other reason than to offer something meaningful to the conversation than just telling people they're wrong all the time when they say stuff like that

Last edited:

Mormel

Noob
I can upload my video directly to this website, if this website allows me. Let me try

EDIT: It says the video file size is too large to upload, how would you like me to go about doing this? I'm sorry it's through youtube

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I can upload my video directly to this website, if this website allows me. Let me try
The issue isn't youtube, it's that all you've done is post a video. This is a forum. If I wanted to watch videos of MK tips, I'd be on Youtube. If you're going to post a video, at least post a text breakdown for people who don't want to waste time watching a video.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I mean, sure, it's good info, but it's stuff every RoboCop player has been doing since day 1. It's an issue with how basic he is as a character. I don't think anyone will be putting out any RoboCop tech or tips that aren't already known.

He's also not plus on block, only on hit. He's full kombo punishable on block.

You can also do a lot more than f2 or throw, especially in the corner.

Last edited: