What's new

General/Other - Flame Fists Flame Fist's useless strings

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Flame Fist has 2 strings that are USELESS!

4,4,2 and B3,4,2

They're hard knockdown but they are MID. They should be OVERHEAD in the last hit to be useful.

EDIT: They did it in the last patch. Thanks :D

• Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - Away+FK,BK,BP now hits overhead and is -15 on block (down from -5)
  • Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - BK,BK,BP now hits overhead and is -13 on block (down from -7)

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Some strings are apparently there only so there is an alternative to cancel into a special move, but they're mostly not worth using. Most characters have this.

Then there is Kenshi that has like 3 or 4 strings you can use during a fight if you're not intentionally losing (even less in certain variations).

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
In the OP's defense, when VARIATION-specific strings have absolutely no economic use whatsoever, I don't think it's unreasonable that some questions need to be asked....

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
They really should consider reducing the number of strings if they're not going to be useful unless they are catering to the casual crowd where they just button mash.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
They really should consider reducing the number of strings if they're not going to be useful unless they are catering to the casual crowd where they just button mash.
I like the fun, stylish strings. They may not be useful and I wouldn't skip out on the game if they were removed, but they're so much fun to play around with in the lab. Plus, there's no way for the developers to completely tell what may end up being important in the meta game so it's important to include some variety.