What's new

FIx Quan Chi's far ground burst

lawzoers

Noob
Far ground burst doesn't always come after pressing the right command. Instead, a mid ground burst it's performed. You can do the " :d:l" motion, wait a split second and then press " :r+:fp " for an almost guaranteed far ground burst, though.
There are other specials, like Sektor's Up missile (behind) (:d:l:r+:fk ), with the same motion and no glitches regarding execution.
This fact hampers Quan Chi's zoning capabilities and it must be fixed. Thanks.

Error

DF2+R2
It's weird because Far Ground Burst never comes out for me but I can do Hell Spikes and Overhead Slashes fine.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I use Freddy and Kenshi, and I can do their faraway projectiles perfectly, but when I play as Quan Chi, the faraway ground burst works when it feels like it. Pretty much the same inputs too. >_>

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
the negative edge on this game can be a little harsh, sure, but timing fixes everything. think about how hard some street fighter combos are, even some of your bnbs with 1 frame links. if you donr rush your combos in mk and you have your timing down, youll be ok. you cant expect to just type out an essay and sit back and watch the game play for you.

lawzoers

Noob
the negative edge on this game can be a little harsh, sure, but timing fixes everything. think about how hard some street fighter combos are, even some of your bnbs with 1 frame links. if you donr rush your combos in mk and you have your timing down, youll be ok. you cant expect to just type out an essay and sit back and watch the game play for you.
I invite you to do 10 consecutive Up missiles (behind), as soon as you recover for the previous one, then select Quan Chi, try the same thing with far ground bursts and see the difference.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
There's totally a difference. I obviously know quan, and i main kenshi. The Runes and the TK Slashes are the same inputs. Slashes always come out fine. Runes are a bit spastic. Not sure how there is a difference but i think there is.

Theme

Noob
Hes annoying to deal with, for sure, but I havent come across any Quan Chi that I cant beat, even the ones that know the runetrap EX crap. Just dont let him get in and you'll be fine. Watch for his mixup strings. I played Quan for a time and yeah, I vaguely remember I could never pull it off for some reason. I chalked it up to my inexperience at the time, but probably not now lol.

One thing that works for me is to not buffer the far rune too slow.
Were I delayd too long is often because Im holding backward too long before pressing foreward.
I often had delayd timing there, due to the onlinelag.

lawzoers

Noob
One thing that works for me is to not buffer the far rune too slow.
Were I delayd too long is often because Im holding backward too long before pressing foreward.
I often had delayd timing there, due to the onlinelag.
This method doesn't improve your chances to get a far ground burst.
Everbody must recognize this as an issue that can't be dodged. It needs to be addressed by somebody at NRS.

myth

Noob
This method doesn't improve your chances to get a far ground burst.
Everbody must recognize this as an issue that can't be dodged. It needs to be addressed by somebody at NRS.
Their are soo many things about Quan that NRS needs to address.
And the far ground burst is at the bottom of the list.

Gouki

Wolf of Mibu
Far ground burst doesn't always come after pressing the right command. Instead, a mid ground burst it's performed. You can do the " :d:l" motion, wait a split second and then press " :r+:fp " for an almost guaranteed far ground burst, though.
There are other specials, like Sektor's Up missile (behind) (:d:l:r+:fk ), with the same motion and no glitches regarding execution.
This fact hampers Quan Chi's zoning capabilities and it must be fixed. Thanks.
I found myself having this same problem in my initial days when trying to execute the far ground burst but now I've changed my perception on how to perform it ending in almost 100% success every time.Basically what you what to do is make one standard motion when inputting (:d:l:r ) don't actually move you thumb off the d-pad instead rotate it right through (:d:l:r ) then input '':fp'' Try it out and let me know what you think.

I noticed alot last time that it was not working every time. And I play almost every day. Sorry for last post. NRS should really look at this, since it feels like bad programming.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hes annoying to deal with, for sure, but I havent come across any Quan Chi that I cant beat, even the ones that know the runetrap EX crap. Just dont let him get in and you'll be fine. Watch for his mixup strings. I played Quan for a time and yeah, I vaguely remember I could never pull it off for some reason. I chalked it up to my inexperience at the time, but probably not now lol.

obviously havnt played me yet ;) games?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I literally laughed out loud.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Whats so funny?
How simply you make Quan Chi sound overall. He has a factor that no other character has... and when someone who knows how to use it... you'll think differently.
He literally can kill you for hurting HIM. It is such weird feeling when you are dropping a 50% combo on him and he doesn't break so he can keep the meter and make one good read.
And i've heard "His mixups aren't great" and yet I still see Dink nail people with the same moves... just used better.

Theme

Noob
How simply you make Quan Chi sound overall. He has a factor that no other character has... and when someone who knows how to use it... you'll think differently.
He literally can kill you for hurting HIM. It is such weird feeling when you are dropping a 50% combo on him and he doesn't break so he can keep the meter and make one good read.
And i've heard "His mixups aren't great" and yet I still see Dink nail people with the same moves... just used better.
You dont let him get in. He has his teleport, but you have to make a good read to when to jump or counter too. QC has the best mix ups in my opinion, his moves are confusing. However, Id rather take a skilled QC over a skilled Raiden or Cyrax any day. Like I said, I havent come across a good QC that I cannot beat yet. Even with the rune trap, I think he still needs an overhaul. Right now, I can walk all over him. Course I havent played Dink's level of QC yet, but Im fairly confident in my abilities.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
(Who could say I would find such a thread before logging out) Far rune can be executed by pressing d,bf+1 / db,f+1 / d,b,f+1, just don't slide the arrows. I believe it was made on purpose.

Flagg

Noob
You'd be amazed how often you can pressure with 11, then B3 1+2 and it always gets people.

That said, I hate how his far rune works. I can use Freddys far spike with pretty good results, but QC far rune seems totally random and I often get the medium rune, wtf!