What's new

Five Ways MK11 Diminishes Defense

Gaxkang

Banned
The punish window does not get smaller online. You have to input the command 3 frames sooner because the built in delay shifts it 3 frames, and you have 5 frames of buffer to help make it all easier.

The only way a window could get smaller is if a massive rollback hid an attack so long that you never saw any of the startup, active, or block stun frames and they magically teleported into their own punish window. Not even the fastest moves in the game could have all that clipped by the max rollback size for online. It's technically something that could happen with a rollback, but not for this game and the way it implemented it.

-20f is super punishable, but it is also pretty quick in real world time. If you aren't sure what's happening, what your options are, are kind of sloppy, or generally not well versed in what to do, that window is supposed to slip by on occasion. You have to prove you aren't letting them get away with dumb stuff or they get to keep running you over with dumb stuff. That's literally part of the gig. Not the MK11 gig, fighting games at large gig.
Sounds like what you're saying there is that the online is flawless for the game design, and while theoretically something could happen it wouldn't anyways.
I don't agree with that...but i think we could agree that ideally you gotta punish as soon that block contact occurs.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
@ScrubQuotes
I'm sorry are you a fucking idiot @DoDaMuSiC ? I understand MKX shitheads have convulsions at the thought of having to be precise, learn the game and play some neutral but nothing here is a fucking scrub quote. I swear these games will always be a joke because of people like you.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
I'm sorry are you a fucking idiot @DoDaMuSiC ? I understand MKX shitheads have convulsions at the thought of having to be precise, learn the game and play some neutral but nothing here is a fucking scrub quote. I swear these games will always be a joke because of people like you.
Why dont you get off of my dick? I haven’t said anything about your video or your points. I, in fact, actually agree with some of them.
My reply is to that guy that does nothing but complain about stuff that are absolute non sense.
Can’t punish stuff that are -20? Can’t deal with sub’s slide and trading with ice ball? Can’t find a way to anti air with the plethora of options that there is because he only wants to use d2? To me all that are freaking scrub quotes.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So you agree that Sub-Zero is op 'because his slide is unreactable' :coffee:

Gaxkang

Banned
My reply is to that guy that does nothing but complain about stuff that are absolute non sense.
Can’t punish stuff that are -20? Can’t deal with sub’s slide and trading with ice ball? Can’t find a way to anti air with the plethora of options that there is because he only wants to use d2? To me all that are freaking scrub quotes.
Nowhere did I state -20 is not punishable, I guess you not reading. ;)

You can deal with Sub but you're still rolling dice of course (if you got a lot of cheese maybe a bit less dice). The way things gotta be played isn't that interesting or great looking, and I think it could be better...but you think it's great. That's ok, that's your opinion. ;)

And I do think the AA sucks and could be better, so I made a suggestion. Namely around the move that people who hop into the game think is their AA and then see it isn't.

Gaxkang

Banned
So you agree that Sub-Zero is op 'because his slide is unreactable' :coffee:
Well again I didn't say that...if all he had was his slide that'd be one thing. But he's a character with various things to work with. And a slide with KB that is unreactable, and it is unreactable especially online even at a longer distance, it is a powerful tool.

Fighting him your crotch is gonna hug the ground a lot...which isn't so interesting, but that's how it works. But don't be in position for his overhead, because switching to standing block won't happen (on reaction anyways).

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Why dont you get off of my dick? I haven’t said anything about your video or your points. I, in fact, actually agree with some of them.
But everything he just listed is completely valid. Shouldn't shit on somebodies right opinions just because he might have some wack ones man. That's counterproductive to conversation about improving this game. You can let him be wrong but don't shit on him when he's right.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
@Chernyy Volk
If you ever make t-shirts, I'd like to buy one.

I get that you have opinions that drive people cuckoo for cocoa puffs, and I don't agree with everything you've said, but I've never seen someone get shit on so much for having as many points that would be consistent if we were playing a game that made competitive sense.

And I also am a fan of wolves who loves footsies and killing people in the corner. I'd main Nightwolf and play this game happily every day if I could competitively have Axe Cop Chop and Lightning Arrow in the same build, but NRS isn't going to let us have competitive customs until the numbers run dry and there's nothing else to do with this game, so...we will see.