What's new

Five Buffs Scorpion Needs

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
One guy who was a top level MKX player does well in online play, while every offline tournament features 0 Scorpions. Solid character and viable for sure...
He is more than viable. An honest character with decent dirt of his own. He isn't used as much because there are many characters have way more dirt.
Just because characters aren't used in top 16 doesn't mean they are bad.
If that was true then half of the cast would be considered unviable.
This has been displayed by several mid to low tier characters placing top 16 to top 8 like kotals multiple top 16's or recently Frost, Jade, Kitana and others.
I think he is a solid character, fundamentally he can play the strike throw meta and even has decent staggers, plus frames and cancels even decent KB's as well as having a decent mid, and good footsie tools.
He isn't top tier but I think he is fine

how do we know how usable he is at the highest level when a new vartiation dropped two weeks ago ? who has played him in tourney to
That new variation has nothing to do with it because scorpion use has dropped off significantly in tournament. People have already figured out that his new variation is just decent

He is more than viable. An honest character with decent dirt of his own. He isn't used as much because there are many characters have way more dirt.
Just because characters aren't used in top 16 doesn't mean they are bad.
If that was true then half of the cast would be considered unviable.
This has been displayed by several mid to low tier characters placing top 16 to top 8 like kotals multiple top 16's or recently Frost, Jade, Kitana and others.
I think he is a solid character, fundamentally he can play the strike throw meta and even has decent staggers, plus frames and cancels even decent KB's as well as having a decent mid, and good footsie tools.
He isn't top tier but I think he is fine
He's just viable and that isn't enough for a lot of people going into tournaments. People are even saying kotal is top 10 now

So after some messing around i figured out Scorpion can also get safe jumps off of 212 in the corner pretty reliably. I will do more testing once I get off work. Right now they are a bit too early and i need to figure out the exact timing in order to beat their buttons completely out.