What's new

Tech - Fisticuffs Fisticuffs Cage safe fistbump activation

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'm not sure if this is already known. Anything great, but seems fistbump can be safely activated if you cancel a d4 into it. Of course if the d4 is blocked you are eating a full combo, so it is risky.

Probably no one is going to be interested in this cause I think nobody in the forums main Fisticuffs since long time, but here it is.

And......Paulo, buff Fisticuffs xD

@colt @Frosted 57 @Asodimazze @GGA Dizzy @Wigy @Mikemetroid @FireBreather @M.D. @crosstalk and any other Cage player I might be forgetting

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Yes, it's an option I often use, but you lose damage, distance and standing reset for that.
Midscreen B2's not the best, but in the corner it works wonders.

Seeing as people always block high after a NP i suppose this could be used then, but using this too much in the neutral would most likely get you blown up.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
You need a way to get it out so that you can actually do moves after it...without having to worry about them poking out.

ismael4790

You need a way to get it out so that you can actually do moves after it...without having to worry about them poking out.
Yeah, I agree. This is a found that in some way is asking for a Fistbump buff :)

I'd rather use no variation than fisticuffs because he's pretty much the same and it'd be funnier if you beat someone.
I use no variation many times to troll and to show how bad Fisticuffs is to people that don't believe me. Fisticuffs is almost equal to no variation.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Tbh I think A list is holding back Fisticuffs and (maybe) Stunt Double. If they buff variationless Johnny too much, they'd break A list.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I'm not sure if this is already known. Anything great, but seems fistbump can be safely activated if you cancel a d4 into it. Of course if the d4 is blocked you are eating a full combo, so it is risky.

Probably no one is going to be interested in this cause I think nobody in the forums main Fisticuffs since long time, but here it is.

And......Paulo, buff Fisticuffs xD

@colt @Frosted 57 @Asodimazze @GGA Dizzy @Wigy @Mikemetroid @FireBreather @M.D. @crosstalk and any other Cage player I might be forgetting
youre better just doing what mikemetroid does with f24

ismael4790

Tbh I think A list is holding back Fisticuffs and (maybe) Stunt Double. If they buff variationless Johnny too much, they'd break A list.
It's not about buffing variationless johnny. It's about to improve in some way the speedbag and/or the Fistbump, Fisticuffs' unique tools. A version of this chip trait similar to the one liu kang has, allowing to combo after, would be great for FC. And also an ex version, now it does not exist.

youre better just doing what mikemetroid does with f24
What's that? @Mikemetroid

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Yeah, I agree, but a buff to variationless Johnny would help Fisti a lot since that's the variation with the least tools (and thus the closest to variationless Johnny). Imagine if A list had better meterless damage, a god like reversal and better air presence. He'd be top 5.

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
This is actually -6, if I am remembering correctly. So if you are hitting someone who has there back to the corner it is punishable by any 6 frame normal or special, since it is on hit not block they have the same timing. It is just very hard to punish since there isn't any reversal timing. It kinda sucks though since it is still so negative you lose your pressure, and you die if it was blocked.

ismael4790

This is actually -6, if I am remembering correctly. So if you are hitting someone who has there back to the corner it is punishable by any 6 frame normal or special, since it is on hit not block they have the same timing. It is just very hard to punish since there isn't any reversal timing. It kinda sucks though since it is still so negative you lose your pressure, and you die if it was blocked.
Yeah... :/ I'm still trying to find new stuff to work with this variation, but I'm almost sure there's nothing really useful to discover.
You still play FC? I'm never going to drop it because imo it's the coolest variation. But it seems as Cage has two good variations nrs is forgetting about this one, which is totally unfair. A couple of non-crazy buffs would make it decent.

offtopic: fisticuffs johnny cant do the double flipkick swag combo on corner. FC johnny's flipkick launches lower. wat.
You can get two but that ends the combo, so it's not worthy. To get swag in the corner use Speedbag :cool:

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
It's not about buffing variationless johnny. It's about to improve in some way the speedbag and/or the Fistbump, Fisticuffs' unique tools. A version of this chip trait similar to the one liu kang has, allowing to combo after, would be great for FC. And also an ex version, now it does not exist.

What's that? @Mikemetroid
he does the bnb then instead of f3 nutpunch he does f24 fist bumb then he either baits a wakeup or attacks

ismael4790

he does the bnb then instead of f3 nutpunch he does f24 fist bumb then he either baits a wakeup or attacks
Yeah, I use that sometimes too, but it's risky (as most of the tactics in Fisticuffs xD). If you wait for the wakeup, your pressure is over. If you let them touch the ground and you decide to attack, you may eat the wakeup if they have meter.

Lokheit

Noob
Everytime I hear the atrocious spanish voices I remember why I play the game in english. They got all the cockyness out of Cage voice.

n1kosh

Train harder
After 113exdf2 on hit, Fistibump can be activated safety..
Anyone test this?

Last edited: