What's new

First Patch Wishlist

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Id say for characters I play so far (scorpion and noob):

Scorpion: remove amplified teleport on block just so people can stop crying about it. He doesnt need that crap anyway.

Noob Saibot: Make shadow tackle an overhead. Reduce the shadow tackle krushing blow-hit requirement to something at least somewhat realistic.

In general: make it so you can only use fatal blow once per round, IE: if you use it and miss it does not come back in that same round.
I agree with all this. Especially shadow tackle. It's hot garbage.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Breakaways aren't that bad. You can break the armor with Fatal Blows.

Also, you want to nerf anti-airs? Bruh.

I want practice mode to not suck.

I want to be able to remove the fucking recording slot visibility and I want to be able to have the dummy reversal d1 on block to practice getting my frametraps air tight.

I don't hate anything about the game itself. Actually I love it.

Fuck the grind though...
Make the Kollector or Shrine sell me exactly what I want, once I opened all the shit in the Krypt and remove those dumbass requirements from teh character towers, or make all KBs count towards them, not just the vanilla variation ones.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
This is dismissive of every other action and move available. This is out of context and wrong. Sand Trap just needs to be a mid, though, nothing too extreme to change.

Edit: I should clarify that the info isnt wrong, but saying that the tool isnt ridiculously strong because of that situation is whats wrong. Its a full screen instant low, that KBs for 31% AND can be used for a meterless 50/50. Nothing could convince me it shouldnt be a mid.
Full combo punishable 50 50 lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The OP is an actual dumpster fire.

Remove anti-airs? Nerf breakaway?

U2s give a full combo if they hit... and you want to nerf the damage to make them stronger?

Actual changes I’d like:

Universal:

- toggle KB requirements on in training mode

- allow random recorded input toggle to be made invisible

- hop kick/punch gives a KB on kounterhit. Make punch launch like an NJP in MKX and kick do a straight 210 damage. Gives more incentive to actually use these moves. Considering they’re all really punishable on block I feel this wouldn’t be overpowered.

- Revision of some tournament variations included moves. Addition of a 3rd tournament variation for each character.

Character specific:

Erron Black
  • f4 vertical hitbox nerfed to make it easier to jump over on a read/from full screen
  • projectile parry recovery increased by 3 frames. Amplified parry hits high.
Sonya
  • increase damage scaling on the 3rd hit of b123
  • bf1 startup increased to 14 frames (up from 12)
Geras
  • low KB damage reduced to 210
  • 112~grab KB damage reduced to 210
  • increased damage scaling on sand spike launcher
  • f212 has a 5 frame gap between the last 2 hits to allow a flawless block
  • f22 -10 on block (down from -6)
Scorpion
  • teleport startup increased by 5 frames
  • teleport can’t be amplified on block
Jacqui
  • b22 more negative at -9 on block
  • increased damage scaling off f31
Sub zero
- increased damage scaling off amplified iceball

Baraka
- increased damage scaling

Cassie
  • db4 amplify (in Yass Queen variation) hitstun increased by 2 frames
  • f4 -4 on block
Cetrion
  • throw KB added as per movelist
  • rework puddle KB; now must just whiff the one before
Raiden
  • b2 KB reworked; now activates on 3rd landed b2 (not in a row)
  • df2 -16 on block
  • df2 can be amplified on block
  • b12 less pushback on hit
Skarlet
  • b2 OH KB does 280 damage
  • amplified parry KB does 280 damage
Frost
  • b1 startup reduced to 11 frames
  • b12 -9 on block
(Ice Machine)
  • dd1 projectile shield lasts longer
  • amplify dd1 projectile shield stays out in front of frost till she takes a hit or the shield takes a projectile
  • db2 projectiles hit mid with 5 frames extra startup.
(Frost-Byte)
  • db2 can be amplified on startup to hit low
  • close db2 connects in the corner.

Johnny
- Fix his KB requirements

Several other characters could use some adjustments but I don’t know enough about them to suggest anything.

Characters that could use buffs but idk what
  • Dvorah
  • Shao Khan
  • Kotal
  • Kano

Last edited:
In agreement with Pan1cMode, the original post is a massive grogan.
Actually I like most of the changes mentioned above.

Core gameplay:
  • All high attacks hit on crouch blocking, only whiff when crouch+not blocking and are beaten by crouching normals (pokes and d2)
  • Fix mids being low profiled
  • Nerf pokes neg on block and buff plus on hit
  • Fix hitbox issues
  • Nerf grab damage
  • Nerf 50/50s (sonya, subzero)
  • Nerf "f*ck neutral" moves (scorp teleport, erron drop kick, etc)
Fatal blows:
  • Fix them according to animation (like remove armor in full screen FB, reduce damage for unreactable, etc).
Krushing blows:
  • Of course review requirements/damage
  • Remove KB based on grabs

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this entire list sounds stupid af.... FIrst off, Im a scorpion main and I see exactly what you are doing here....

1. You just said his b141 is a pointless string when that is his best string the game..... You can cancel and do a 25/25/25/25 mixup with misery blade and add armor to the overhead AND the Low string.....

2. Geras sand tele counters all of scorpions moves, thats why you wanted that nerfed.

3. Dash blocking has always been around.... adapt to it, its not broken... it once again counters your scorpion who is a high frame champion and disrupts your cheap zoning effects so you are mad.

4. Sub-zero isnt that great and hes always been a counter or turtling character.... stop charging him.

5. Kollectors long ass combo that cannot even be breakaway or breakered wasnt even mentioned here....Or Sonya;s insane long combo for 50% that cant be breakaway half the time.

6. You just asked for U2 damage to be buffed when its a launcher that can lead to 50% combos or higher in the game....A juggling move shouldnt have higher damage added to it, it JUGGLES!!!!! That is where your intended EXTRA damage is SUPPOSED to come from....

I cant even read the rest, it's quite sad and this is coming from a scorpion main myself.... you are just mad at your matchups.

Ayx

Omnipresent
Cetrion
  • throw KB added as per movelist
  • rework puddle KB; now must just whiff the one before
I saw a twitter post by bit saying that the KB throw description is wrong. It's only active when you have an Aura in play meaning it's custom variation only. It also would be a little too strong on that. If you've used it, it's a 32% throw. If Cetrion would have that in her arsenal w.o a specific variation it would be a little too strong due to how easy it is to access. I have a custom var setup for casual sets w/ Ring of Fire and all you have to do is do a string cancel into RoF (RoF has for some reason very short recovery frames due to her animation compared to her other 3 rings) and either straight up throw 'em or bait them then throw.

Puddle KB is kinda harsh.. I think yes having it whiff twice is kinda hard because of how long it is. But at the same time whiffing just one is not very hard just keep enough distance and do a close version. Having that KB being too accessible can make her combo game a little too strong and making Var1 even more obsolete IMO. It's just a tough KB to balance around. Maybe same requirements but allow it to be on block as well?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I saw a twitter post by bit saying that the KB throw description is wrong. It's only active when you have an Aura in play meaning it's custom variation only. It also would be a little too strong on that. If you've used it, it's a 32% throw. If Cetrion would have that in her arsenal w.o a specific variation it would be a little too strong due to how easy it is to access. I have a custom var setup for casual sets w/ Ring of Fire and all you have to do is do a string cancel into RoF (RoF has for some reason very short recovery frames due to her animation compared to her other 3 rings) and either straight up throw 'em or bait them then throw.

Puddle KB is kinda harsh.. I think yes having it whiff twice is kinda hard because of how long it is. But at the same time whiffing just one is not very hard just keep enough distance and do a close version. Having that KB being too accessible can make her combo game a little too strong and making Var1 even more obsolete IMO. It's just a tough KB to balance around. Maybe same requirements but allow it to be on block as well?
KBs being locked to variation moves in general is weird. Especially variations moves that aren't tournament standard.