What's new

First Patch Universal Change Wishlist

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Wanna share what I'D like the game to get.
1: All whiffing/hitbox/low profiling issues fixed/removed.
2: All S1's and D1's are 7f's, all D1's are +10 on hit.
3: All U3's are 6F and do 12% and are universally +15 on hit, -10 on block
4: All U2's are 9F and do 10% and are universally -15 on block
5: Throw damage reduced to 120
6: Throw range reduced to point blank
7: One variation added per character
8: Jumping startup is increased
9: Wakeup invincibility is removed (not U3's or rolls, I mean the fact just standing up has invincibility)
10: All non-combo starting KB's are normalized to do 21 to 29% damage across the board
11: Only one breakaway per round

This game would be perfect if all this happened IMO.

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
8: Jumping startup is increased
Right now many, many character's jumps in this game are very easy to anti-air, but increasing the startup of jumps would make those jumps even worse. In my opinion, I think that the only fix that needs to be made is to just fix the hitboxes of some broken jump kicks, and jumps are fine. Why is your solution to increase the start-up of all jumps?

Chernyy Volk

Right now many, many character's jumps in this game are very easy to anti-air, but increasing the startup of jumps would make those jumps even worse. In my opinion, I think that the only fix that needs to be made is to just fix the hitboxes of some broken jump kicks, and jumps are fine. Why is your solution to increase the start-up of all jumps?
It's more to address how degenerate wakeup jump is. Some characters just CANNOT consistently and reliably stop it.

All I want is for Kollector to gain a buff when he absorbs a projectile, like healing a bit of health or perhaps a small damage buff
Hell keep its current frames so that its risky as fuck to use it

But ditch the fireball, nobody is wasting meter on that dumbass fireball unless it turns into Reptile's forceball somehow

Breakaway should be removed entirely, and rolls need to cost 2 bars. Breakaway really kills the hype of combos that are already lackluster. Some of the best combos are KB combos.

The roll is too good, & idc if throws beat it. If I get a correct read and throw, my opponent still gets a chance to roll again, u2, u3, delay wake up short/long.

They need to rework the wake up system. It sucks honestly.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Breakaway should be removed entirely, and rolls need to cost 2 bars. Breakaway really kills the hype of combos that are already lackluster. Some of the best combos are KB combos.

The roll is too good, & idc if throws beat it. If I get a correct read and throw, my opponent still gets a chance to roll again, u2, u3, delay wake up short/long.

They need to rework the wake up system. It sucks honestly.
unrealistic and will never happen

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
All I want is for Kollector to gain a buff when he absorbs a projectile, like healing a bit of health or perhaps a small damage buff
Hell keep its current frames so that its risky as fuck to use it

But ditch the fireball, nobody is wasting meter on that dumbass fireball unless it turns into Reptile's forceball somehow
yea most usless move in the game

The wake up system is fine to me, doesn’t need to be fixed. I think each party is awarded properly when they make the right read. Jump ins definitely don’t need to be faster, there are enough characters with dumb jump ins already, a faster Kabal j2? Yeah I’m good.

Damn I think I agree with all of this except the jump change. Too bad no one at nrs would listen because they don't care and that's just not how they do things unless literally everyone that plays mk11 said something

I agree on this:

As far as wakeup and breakaways;
I dont see anything wrong with the wakeup system, the rolls or breakaway. I dont see a reason why any of this need to be changed. Firstable its the same for all. Yeah some have better wakeup attack and other worst, but this is because of different toolset as a whole.
Sorry but i dont see why the game should be strongly in favor to offensive players, like it was in mk10.
The way the bar and the cost as it right now, atleast to me its perfectly okay. If you wanna roll you lose one bar, if you wanna wakeup attack you lose 1 bar def/off and if you eat combo you wont be able to breakaway. Its all about giving you a choice and you decide what it will be.
Its not like you can do all the three in 100% of the time.
I know this is another thing to be thinking about, but i look it as another option that i have. And you can pretty much counter all of the three mechanics.

The Devs give us so much new thing and new mechanics, will be completely idiotics to remove them, just 2-3 months after the release of the game.

As far as jump attacks and frame data, they maybe adjusted to some degree, because of balance thing, but i dont agree that the jump attacks needs even slight nerf thing.

As far as a homogenize move and the same frame data to all character for some move i dont agree on that. There is a reason some character have faster move than others and vice versa. There is a balance reason why some character have faster poke than others, why have safe move and one have more unsafe move and so on.
This is overall balance, that maybe need touching. But still it should be individuality.

We dont need 26 characters that plays the same, that just have different animation and look.

I think the things that needs to be look the most is the FB and KBs. Right now this is the mechanics that make certain unbalance. FB needs to be reworked, should not work on combo and there should be a big gap to punish if you miss them. Also they really need to be hit and if you miss they are gone for the rest of the round. KB should be strongly as counter/punish mechanics, that needs damage adjust, character adjust, cause some lacks good KB big time, and some have too much, also im not in whether they should allow you to combo after them. I[s all for not that much damage, and longer gameplay experience. My kids day are long gone and to joy on 50% combo damage. I dont think this is overall healthy for the game.

As far as for new variation, im so much for this, but i think its too early to think they make new tournament/ranked moves, and in the same time are done rebalance stuff and fixing all the issue. Dont see all that happen.

On throws i strongly agree and i do think they are too powerful right now. I also think they should give front/back throw animation so it`s not 50/50, and you know what you are teching, not just guessing. Also throws should be a little bit slower. And 1000% remove KB on throws for god sake.

And btw, someone knows how to fix this [/ICODE] thing ? Everytime i post i have to edit, cause when i post reply there is different front and when i edit i have 28382832838 [/ICODE] in my post.

Chernyy Volk

I agree on this:

As far as wakeup and breakaways;
I dont see anything wrong with the wakeup system, the rolls or breakaway. I dont see a reason why any of this need to be changed. Firstable its the same for all. Yeah some have better wakeup attack and other worst, but this is because of different toolset as a whole.
Sorry but i dont see why the game should be strongly in favor to offensive players, like it was in mk10.
The way the bar and the cost as it right now, atleast to me its perfectly okay. If you wanna roll you lose one bar, if you wanna wakeup attack you lose 1 bar def/off and if you eat combo you wont be able to breakaway. Its all about giving you a choice and you decide what it will be.
Its not like you can do all the three in 100% of the time.
I know this is another thing to be thinking about, but i look it as another option that i have. And you can pretty much counter all of the three mechanics.

The Devs give us so much new thing and new mechanics, will be completely idiotics to remove them, just 2-3 months after the release of the game.

As far as jump attacks and frame data, they maybe adjusted to some degree, because of balance thing, but i dont agree that the jump attacks needs even slight nerf thing.

As far as a homogenize move and the same frame data to all character for some move i dont agree on that. There is a reason some character have faster move than others and vice versa. There is a balance reason why some character have faster poke than others, why have safe move and one have more unsafe move and so on.
This is overall balance, that maybe need touching. But still it should be individuality.

We dont need 26 characters that plays the same, that just have different animation and look.

I think the things that needs to be look the most is the FB and KBs. Right now this is the mechanics that make certain unbalance. FB needs to be reworked, should not work on combo and there should be a big gap to punish if you miss them. Also they really need to be hit and if you miss they are gone for the rest of the round. KB should be strongly as counter/punish mechanics, that needs damage adjust, character adjust, cause some lacks good KB big time, and some have too much, also im not in whether they should allow you to combo after them. I[s all for not that much damage, and longer gameplay experience. My kids day are long gone and to joy on 50% combo damage. I dont think this is overall healthy for the game.

As far as for new variation, im so much for this, but i think its too early to think they make new tournament/ranked moves, and in the same time are done rebalance stuff and fixing all the issue. Dont see all that happen.

On throws i strongly agree and i do think they are too powerful right now. I also think they should give front/back throw animation so it`s not 50/50, and you know what you are teching, not just guessing. Also throws should be a little bit slower. And 1000% remove KB on throws for god sake.

And btw, someone knows how to fix this [/ICODE] thing ? Everytime i post i have to edit, cause when i post reply there is different front and when i edit i have 28382832838 [/ICODE] in my post.
Homogeny on BASIC UNIVERSAL TOOLS crunches MU's and reduces the MU disparities as much as possible without eliminating character diversity. What I said needs to happen, or the game dies.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
One fatal blow attempt per round.
It's supposed to be a last breath mechanic, but is instead just a huge middle finger to the opponent's progress. Make it remove all of both the offense and defense bars Last Breath style for the rest of the round (not the match). Dont have to have all your meter to use the FB, but you sure as hell ain't using any more of it if this doesnt kill.

One attempt in desperation. One last chance to come back. Make it count.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
wake up jump does need to be nerfed and jump in kicks need less active frames. jump ins and jumping in general is pretty stupid in this game

Homogeny on BASIC UNIVERSAL TOOLS crunches MU's and reduces the MU disparities as much as possible without eliminating character diversity. What I said needs to happen, or the game dies.
No man the game wont die. Games are not dying like that, can we stop with that b.c. ?
I respect your opinion, but i dont agree with it. I agree that there is a things that needs to be touched and i mention it in my previous opinion, but i`m against the universal stuff i mention.