What's new

first casting for upcoming mortal kombat movie

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I hope they cast Jade. They did her dirty in MK:A. Not knocking the actress, it was just random they made her Asian and retconned her to be evil in the end.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MK can get away with a little bit of 90's nostalgic cheese, I mean shit it works for Marvel all the time....lol

But I do hope for a hard R. Some people say "oh has to be PG otherwise won't do well at Box Office" but that's bs if you ask me, just look at Deadpool and The Wolverine or Watchmen. They were comic movies that did well with R ratings. Plus who the hell doesn't know what MK is by now unless you live in a cave? Yes, Boon should make a cameo. Would be great if he dressed up like Scorpion at a convention and someone THOUGHT he was Scorpion, haha. I do hope they cast someone older for Raiden but athletic enough to fight, preferably an older white actor or mixed white and asian. I mean Raiden can be anyone being a God, can take virtually any human like form, any age etc but I think a look similar to the game would be the best.

But yeah I like this casting, perfect for Subby. I assume it'll be Kuai Liang Sub-Zero.

POPTDP

Noob
My suggestions for some of the cast:

Jax: Michael Jai White
Kano: Manu Bennett
Kotal Kahn: Jason Momoa
Kung Lao: Jet Li/Donnie Yen
Kenshi: Keanu Reeves
Liu Kang: Iko Uwais/Rain Raizo/Tony Jaa
Scorpion: Ian Anthony Dale
Shang Tsung: Cary Tagawa (has to be)

Other than that, not sure who else I can think of.

Also highly unlikely given the budgets they would need to accomplish the above, but I'd say they'd at least be able to get a few of them along with some no names for the more minor characters.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

Also highly unlikely given the budgets they would need to accomplish the above, but I'd say they'd at least be able to get a few of them along with some no names for the more minor characters.
Fully agree.

they need to cast tony jaa for Liu, scott adkins for j. cage, wesley snipes for jax
and arnold for the upcoming terminator DLC lol

Fuck Jason Momoa, will never forgive the dude for gutting a classic like Conan. Ugh, i want to puke everytime i see him

POPTDP

Noob
they need to cast tony jaa for Liu, scott adkins for j. cage, wesley snipes for jax
and arnold for the upcoming terminator DLC lol
I don't think Adkins suits Cage. He's not funny and I don't think he can pull off the humorous showboat we all know and love

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
good choice/pick for Sub-Zero .... let see who's next ... :) ;)

anyway, without a good, well writen and fun screenplay, they can even have oscar winners working in the movie, and that will not avoid to flop and failure to come out , hehe :p :joker:

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I don't think Adkins suits Cage. He's not funny and I don't think he can pull off the humorous showboat we all know and love
Honestly, he can kind of do funny. Check out Avengement, a lot of sarcasm and making fun of people in that movie, I think it's his best

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I hope they limit the number of MK characters they use in the movie. Otherwise I think it's too easy for a movie to feel overstuffed and the characters to end up feeling short changed.

Do you know the ages of any of these people relative to their characters? :)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Come on, we all know Kano has to be Jason Statham. But I agree with the rest.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The guy from Legacy was a great Kung Lao hehehehe.

WTF happened to Jet Li, holy shit. Dude looked like he aged 40 years. :eek: He looks like he could be a praying monk though.

Was thinking the dude who was a badass in Don't Breathe and the bad guy in Avatar would make a great Raiden. He's older looking yet built. Can't remember his name.

Jason Statham definitely gets my vote for Kano.

Kitana who knows, they can go white, latina or asian lol. Since they've used all of those backgrounds for her in live action.

For Liu Kang, I would say either the guy from Legacy again or how about the guy from that Ninja Assassin movie who was a badass(forget the name)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
the great question is : who's gonna be Sonya ? we wanna a hot, blonde and good actress, please :p ? and forget about hiring Ronda Rousey for the live action, we don't want that anyway ! :mad:
Cynthia Rothrock is an amazing martial artist actress, but she may be too old depending on what they're going for.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Come on, we all know Kano has to be Jason Statham. But I agree with the rest.
or maybe Scott Adkins as Kano .... I think he would be a hot damn sexy and bad ass Kano !! besides, the dude is a monster as martial artist ! sure Statham is a much better actor, but Adkins got the look ! :D