What's new

first casting for upcoming mortal kombat movie

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hyperthyroidism
Oh wow that sucks, never even heard of that but definitely takes a toll on a person.

seems that was running a rumour that Robin Shou (the Liu Kang from the 1995 movie), was being considered to be the new Shang Tsung .... Cary Tagawa himself commented about this on his Twitter ....
That would be dope lol. I would love that I mean hes older now but not old to the point where he cant do anything.

Last edited:
Chris Evans as Johnny cage and Javier Bardem as raiden?
I was actually thinking about Evans the other day! Would be great cast except:
  • He's legit A-list now. Will command a high salary, may not be worth for what might not be a starring role (depends on how the story is structured)
  • A lot of the current and former Marvel actors probably won't be in a rush to get back into another prospective franchise. All the scheduling issues, obligations, multi-picture contracts, etc. cause friction with an actor's career.
But in theory, I think a lot of people would approve.

RakeemGTR

Eat Ass n Nuts
I was actually thinking about Evans the other day! Would be great cast except:
  • He's legit A-list now. Will command a high salary, may not be worth for what might not be a starring role (depends on how the story is structured)
  • A lot of the current and former Marvel actors probably won't be in a rush to get back into another prospective franchise. All the scheduling issues, obligations, multi-picture contracts, etc. cause friction with an actor's career.
But in theory, I think a lot of people would approve.
Well that's what I was thinking at first but then I saw the new trailer for that movie he's in wich seems to be looking like a B level movie, and I thought well if he's in a movie like that where he just a supporting character then I dont see why he wouldn't want to take a pay cut to play one of the most popular fighting game characters in the world ¯\(ツ)

Well that's what I was thinking at first but then I saw the new trailer for that movie he's in wich seems to be looking like a B level movie, and I thought well if he's in a movie like that where he just a supporting character then I dont see why he wouldn't want to take a pay cut to play one of the most popular fighting game characters in the world ¯\(ツ)
Well, it's not like it doesn't happen. The film you're referring to, Knives Out, has a star-studded cast, definitely. Another recent film, Murder on the Orient Express, had a stacked ensemble. Money isn't the only thing, but it's always a factor. Really, what a lot of these decisions come down to for an actor, if they're wanted for a role, is how it affects their availability. The opportunity cost of shooting a film is always the projects you have to turn down when beholden to that film. Actors are more likely to say yes to a smaller film because the shooting schedules are more compressed, and often in an ensemble cast they only need to be there for the scenes they're actually in. For a blockbuster franchise film, you might have extra obligations like being available for reshoots, press tours, sequels, training and physical prep, etc. Evans is at a point where he can afford to say no to projects, so he can really choose things he likes rather than needing a paycheck.

With all that said, I don't know how likely it would be even if he's offered the part, but I'll always have the fantasy of Evans' Cage in my head. And it is glorious :D

POPTDP

Noob
At the end of the day I think they will use a lot of B movie actors who are martial artists. I don’t see the likes of Jet Li, Van Damme, etc getting roles in this film as the budget wouldn’t allow it. Especially when comparing it to the MCU which not only had a much bigger fan base and budget but also a lot of the actors were not A List at the time they started it (Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, etc).

The pool of actors that I do see them having with the budget is the following:

• Michael Jai White
  • Scott Adkins
  • Iko Uwais
  • Tony Jaa
  • Ian Anthony Dale
  • Rain Raizo
  • Cary Tagawa
Maybe if pushing the budget:
  • Donnie Yen
  • Keanu Reeves
I liked Keanu Reeves in Man of Tai Chi and I feel like if a movie like that could get him, MK can too.

Also just realised a lot of the cast above all played together in the movie Triple Threat

Last edited: