What's new

Firestorm V. Robin Matchup

Hey Everyone!

I have been struggling in the Robin Matchup with Firestorm, that was one of the reason i picked up Harley I fell like she controls the air better than firestorm. With her I can zone him out with hyena's and cupcakes, but with FS I really struggle to make him stop jumping because of his long range jump normals. Any Suggestions? Also, I have a game recorded in my last ranked match video where I get BODIED by a Robin player any tips on this match up will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Here is the video, the robin match start about 8:30 mins in:

2jz4lyfe

Green Lantern's got this!
I think an air-to-air will work. Try to read the JI. And use ji1. Push block of he's looping pressure. You can EX b3 in the gap of the sword swoop. If you block it. D1. Also try to find all the gap in his strings.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
What up law you need to start using meter b3's to stop people from jumping in on you with firestorm thats his only answer because his anti airs are useless in this game

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Have you figured out how that swoop hits at all? I dunno if it's a crossup or what, I meant to lab it but haven't had a chance yet.

Thanks guys, i have a ranked set where I started to meet him in the air. I will upload later. Also swoop is prevalent in that set we ran and i think it only crosses up in the corner and can be punished with f1,f2,even 22the second hit will punish.

fireborg

Noob
I think an air-to-air will work. Try to read the JI. And use ji1. Push block of he's looping pressure. You can EX b3 in the gap of the sword swoop. If you block it. D1. Also try to find all the gap in his strings.
hey, wdym by sword swap?

fireborg

Noob
anywayz was trying it in training mode now, could not get off a MB B3 could backdash however, not bad either

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
This is definitely one of Firestorms worst MUs. Our lack of AAs and a 6f moves makes us really struggle. AA with starfish on a good read, and pushblock. other than that gotta run away and hope for a mbb3 AA read and then hope your mix works