What's new

Firestorm Trailer, Cheetah Gameplay, "Source Crystal" Information -- Cosmetic Microtransactions

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm fine with this system as long as the way to unlock things in game doesn't require an obscene amount of playtime. Like when Capcom said season 1 of the DLC for SFV was "free" and could be unlocked in game. You'd be lucky to unlock two characters if you played a ton. It was horseshit.

Either way, I can see myself getting drunk and buying pink shaders and shit for Firestorm, so it could get dangerous.

jrock920

Noob
I'm fine with this system as long as the way to unlock things in game doesn't require an obscene amount of playtime. Like when Capcom said season 1 of the DLC for SFV was "free" and could be unlocked in game. You'd be lucky to unlock two characters if you played a ton. It was horseshit.

Either way, I can see myself getting drunk and buying pink shaders and shit for Firestorm, so it could get dangerous.
i got every dlc character for free in season 1 in sf5 but i did every trails with every one and did survivor with everyone on easy and most on normal lol

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
The only downside is that couch co-op won't unlock gear but I trust nrs to have a fun enough single player mode that I won't be forced to grind online for the cool stuff

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Playing survivor mode made me want to kill myself.
That's a good point and concern as to why I'm happy we have the option to pay a few bucks for some costumes, shaders imo if you got the cash it's worth it when hard pressed for time you know? But also on what you said about hoping it's not like Capcom's system, there's that ONE mysterious mode that Himmerick mentioned that he couldn't talk about yet we can play to unlock them, hmm I wonder what this mode can be? He made it seem like the mode was exclusive for unlocking cosmetic stuff only the way he was talking. Hmm

@BowTheDeceitful I'm with ya man. lol I don't mind dishing out a few bucks for something that would normally take me months to unlock, it's not pay to win or giving anyone an edge just a seriously, awesome time saver. Sign me up. My friend was obsessed with WOW that game has lots of content to unlock from what I understand? And I read someone said that one of the COD games had a pay to get cosmetic stuff? I forget which game though.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That's a good point and concern as to why I'm happy we have the option to pay a few bucks for some costumes, shaders imo if you got the cash it's worth it when hard pressed for time you know? But also on what you said about hoping it's not like Capcom's system, there's that ONE mysterious mode that Himmerick mentioned that he couldn't talk about yet we can play to unlock them, hmm I wonder what this mode can be? He made it seem like the mode was exclusive for unlocking cosmetic stuff only the way he was talking. Hmm
It's going to be some sort of STAR Labs mode like in the first Injustice game. I HATED THIS STUPID MODE WITH THE WHITE HOT PASSION OF 1,000 SUNS. Seriously, so tedious and so not fun. All I wanted was that Flash Elseworld skin and it required you to 3 star every stage. Ugh. I never want to play that shit again. I'll never understand the idea of burying content behind modes people have absolutely zero desire to play.

Please don't do this to me again, NRS....

TamedLizard

Buff George
Star labs was awful. There were maybe 3 that I actually enjoyed playing.

• They can be used to buy Shaders, Premier Skins, and Transform Gear. If you like the stats of one of your gear pieces, but not the visuals, you can "Transform Gear" and make it look differently.
Myriam the Mystic confirmed.

In all seriousness though, I'm impressed by the amount of customization possibilities NRS has incorporated into the game. You truly will be able to have a one of a kind character.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
It's going to be some sort of STAR Labs mode like in the first Injustice game. I HATED THIS STUPID MODE WITH THE WHITE HOT PASSION OF 1,000 SUNS. Seriously, so tedious and so not fun. All I wanted was that Flash Elseworld skin and it required you to 3 star every stage. Ugh. I never want to play that shit again. I'll never understand the idea of burying content behind modes people have absolutely zero desire to play.

Eh I doubt they'd bring back STAR Labs when even the MK9 Challenge Tower didn't come back. Inj2 will probably have something akin to Towers from MKX, or at least I hope.

MKF30

lmao yeah a lot of players(most in fact lol) didn't complete many of them or all of them, I did though I actually posted a yt video on my channel about it but if they bring them back this time I'll do a walk through each one, lots of people asked me "how the hell did you do the walking backwards one, that was bs, NRS made me throw my controller!" lol kind of comments. And yes they were some a bit ridiculous...but very possible with lots of patience. Personally, I felt the amount was a bit much I mean 300+DLC extra S.T.A.R. Lab missions was a bit much lol. Yep, I got that Flash Elseworld skin completing that(I didn't buy it) but I also had more time during that game lol. I recently moved in December so lot of shit still going on with the new place. I just hope if they do bring back say "Watch Tower Missions" or whatever they call it, that it's a bit more manageable, easier and NOT freaking 300+ lol. Maybe 50 or 100 at most, but no more than that lol. People are going to beat grinding, beating on online, offline, story various times, practicing and with gears so I really hope they cut down on those missions lol...I can see people raging hard if they do 300 again or make it more even. I must say though in a way when I completed them all, I felt this satisfaction with that Flash skin and had soooo many IM's asking me "hey how the fuck did you get that Elsewhere skin?! I want that!" I even had one guy claim I "hacked/modded the game because nobody could get it" lol I was like nope, swear to God I didn't, I don't even know how to do that shit I just grinded it took me a few weeks but that mode was all I was doing during that time period then I went online and people were like WTF, how did he get all the skins already? lol

But I'm sure NRS won't torture us again with the lab missions THAT hard and THAT many(please no lol) I hear ya man, some of those missions were a pain in the ass, one my friend tried for up to 50 then gave up he was like yeah...fuck this, NRS are evil and fuck this mode! lol He almost broke his controller(he's one of those types) He asked me to do the MK 9 300 tower for him lol he got stuck at one point but I helped him out. He wanted me to drop by his place just for that and the achievement lol.

MKF30

Star labs was awful. There were maybe 3 that I actually enjoyed playing.

Myriam the Mystic confirmed.

In all seriousness though, I'm impressed by the amount of customization possibilities NRS has incorporated into the game. You truly will be able to have a one of a kind character.
Indeed, this is or things like this besides the other modes(yes even those Star lab and MK 300 tower missions) lol besides deep story modes is what separates NRS games from the other fighters. The effort and content they pump into them are tremendous and it shows. The new gear and cosmetic system is awesome and by far one of if not the deepest in a fighting game to date. The only thing I would have preferred as i've mentioned earlier is if they allowed us free reign creativity/color palette like allowing us to literally make a Grey Superman, with gold belts, gold capes, boots, gloves etc, orange S if we wanted similar to MKA KAK when you're coloring your character to your hearts desires. If they had this instead of pre set shader trims, the customization, cosmetic system would have been PERFECT! I sure hope they implement this in MK 11 though, those are their characters at least, DC owns the rights well WB I guess but DC is the one who created them so they probably told NRS "hey you can make Superman, Batman this color...NOT that color" which kind of bums me out a little but whatever, it's still nearly perfect the new system so I can't complain.

I just hope they take it to the next level with MK 11 with the letting players modify the looks of the characters ANY WAY we want. So if I want to make a purple Ermac with silver trim rags, and glowing Yellow eyes. I should be able to do that. Can you imagine the millions of different looking uniquely made characters? Man. We'll see that in I2 no doubt, but if they allowed us to go farther with MK 11 or I3 man...

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Has anyone here played the mission modes in guilty gear revelator? I hope they just steal that and it's how you unlock gear. It actually teaches people fighting games instead of just mashing buttons. It would revolutionize the NRS scene.

MKF30

Has anyone here played the mission modes in guilty gear revelator? I hope they just steal that and it's how you unlock gear. It actually teaches people fighting games instead of just mashing buttons. It would revolutionize the NRS scene.
NRS has a deep tutorial, practice modes in their past few games separate now and have several modes where you can unlock stuff so it doesn't restrict you like other fighters or charge you for on disc content. There will also be a newer mode that Himmerick talked about that will unlock cosmetic stuff(but not sure about normal gear that other modes will unlock) those modes can very well be useful depending on what they are. The gear system in I2 is rather unique and not the same as Gears, Smash or SC which is a good thing. Originality goes a long way. Like the way we can literally mix and match the gears cosmetically is ingenius.