Link above for official post about Source Crystals, including a Q&A.
I think we all knew that microtransactions would make it's way into Injustice 2 somehow. Despite them saying there's no way to "pay to win", they never really touched up on whether or not there would be microtransactions at all.
Well, microtransactions ARE in the game -- as expected and speculated by many -- but it seems to be 100% cosmetic only. Here are some important "key points" in the post above:
Honestly, I'm fine with this. As long as there's no pay to win in the game, I'm fine. What do you think?
- "We value our community and want to be clear – you cannot “pay to win” with Injustice 2."
- Source Crystals are premium currency that can be bought with real money.
- They can be used to buy Shaders, Premier Skins, and Transform Gear. If you like the stats of one of your gear pieces, but not the visuals, you can "Transform Gear" and make it look differently. Stats will stay the same though.
- They can be used to quick-unlock certain items like Shaders and Premier Skins mentioned above (this makes it sound like there are unlockable Premier Skins in the game, by the way). When you Max a character out a Level 20, you can spend Source Crystals to instantly Max out another character.
- Price for Source Crystals will be communicated at a later date.
- Again, "Source Crystals will not give you or other players an advantage in the game. They are used for cosmetic options and time saving purposes only."
Also, check out the official Firestorm trailer and Swamp Thing vs Cheetah gameplay from today's NetherRealm stream.
edited/promoted by STORMS*
Firestorm Trailer, Cheetah Gameplay, "Source Crystal" Information -- Cosmetic Microtransactions