What's new

Firestorm Revealed. Update: New trailer

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm a little late to the party here, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents....

First off, everyone complaining about this being revealed on UpUpDownDown doesn't understand the reach this channel has. These are WWE superstars promoting the game, namely Xavier Woods who is a huge fan of fighters. This decision to have UUDD reveal Firestorm is to expose casual players to a game they may know little to nothing about. This is not for us fucking nerds who are trying to breakdown the frame data the moment a trailer drops.

Secondly, judging from what little we see of Firestorm here, I'm fairly disappointed. He was one of the main characters I was looking forward to. Hopefully, there's a lot more to him than we see here. I'm not blown away by his design, either. I was hoping they'd go with a more classic look for him.

Oh well, still super excited for this game and playing as Firestorm either way.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
You see the bright side of that, which is admirable...anywhere except on TYM. So I've reported you, SilverLiningsPlaybook.
Oh shucks!

Well, might as well let it all hang out. I have never found 16Bit interesting or entertaining and have never enjoyed his commentary. Aris too.

Now report me, heathens!

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I'm telling you man. Ronnie premier skin is probably happening.
More than likely. They had an Arrowverse skin for Green Arrow in I1, and that was just when it was starting.

You can bet on Arrowverse skins for Firestorm, Flash, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Supergirl and maybe Captain Cold and Deadshot.

I think NRS kind of dropped the ball with the sound effects on him. Having a pew pew sound for fireballs and igniting the flames on the ground seems out of place.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only thing I hate about the reveals is that they use gear-based moves, so who knows what he'll actually have. That trailer was awesome, but a lot of that stuff was nowhere in the move-set they showed during that reveal stream.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The only thing I hate about the reveals is that they use gear-based moves, so who knows what he'll actually have. That trailer was awesome, but a lot of that stuff was nowhere in the move-set they showed during that reveal stream.
Maybe because they didn't show literally anything in the first one? :S

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Maybe because they didn't show literally anything in the first one? :S
Eh? They literally showed his entire move-set, as in, a printed screenshot of his move list. The 2 moves we didn't see were Atomic Burst (which I assume was the low-hitting 3-shot projectile) and the Magma Traps, which I assume were the full-screen ground-based attacks.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Eh? They literally showed his entire move-set, as in, a printed screenshot of his move list. The 2 moves we didn't see were Atomic Burst (which I assume was the low-hitting 3-shot projectile) and the Magma Traps, which I assume were the full-screen ground-based attacks.
Yeah and that's pretty much the only new things in the trailer. They also showed his teleport which he most likely gains access to once he has his aura on (remember there were two moves with the same inputs in that paper) and his explotion(?) which is the only thing remaining but it's probably a part of that string.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah and that's pretty much the only new things in the trailer. They also showed his teleport which he most likely gains access to once he has his aura on (remember there were two moves with the same inputs in that paper) and his explotion(?) which is the only thing remaining but it's probably a part of that string.
Right, but we still don't know for sure if those are his basic moves or if they're behaving a certain way due to gear. All I'm saying is I wish the reveal trailers didn't include gear so there would be no question about whether the moves as we're seeing them will be a part of their basic kit.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I think the Molten Traps are probably the low shot which you can meter-burn to "trap" them. The shield and the burst are still confusing to me. I think the shield gives him the red aura which gives him buffs on certain moves (and maybe a teleport). The burst might be a totally separate move.

Also, His overhead launches while blue flame trait is active, but splats when he's normal.