What's new

Firestorm Revealed. Update: New trailer

Couldn't agree more with this. I'm black myself, but good lord the complaints about ethnicity in fighting games, especially the demand for a specific race needs to stop. Characters should not get in based on their ethnicity. If people are gonna ask for more blacks, they might as well ask for Koreans, Cantonese, Indians, Australians, British, etc etc.

It really makes me wonder if the people that complain about fighting games not having enough black characters want them in because they're fans of the characters(who happen to be black) or do they want them in just simply because they're black? I really hope it's not the latter.
I just want characters to at least reflect how the world is. Its not 75 % caucasian so why must game rosters be traditionally that?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Im betting more people tune in to see the wrestlers do a show than to see any particular game news. They're celebrities...they draw. Odds on anything they do likely gets more views by showing the celebrities interacting for the majority of the vid.

I wouldn't go into ANY celebrity gaming show and delude myself that a game studio's product would be pushed over the hosts face time. NRS was hoping to draw in WWE fans by guest appearing,not the other way around. So calm down folks...this is what this reveal was meant to do. Not be a dissertation or montage that may drone and bore the casual viewers of the channel who were tuning in to hear their wrestling favorites joke around.
Idc if these clowns are the duchesses of England or Hollywood actors.......if something is bad it's bad and this was B A D

I just want characters to at least reflect how the world is. Its not 75 % caucasian so why must game rosters be traditionally that?
when you talk about mk, earthrealm is just one part. we dont know about black people percentage in outworld, netherrealm or edenia ;). talking about injustice youll have to complain to DC but i guess the title sets the tone :rolleyes:.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
"...one thing they never argue about is helping Batman rebuild a safer world."

I don't remember seeing them in Bats world. I remember this character from Flash series for helping Flash to deal against the villains.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer

I don't remember seeing them in Bats world. I remember this character from Flash series for helping Flash to deal against the villains.
I think they're simply referencing Firestorm's allegiance in the Injustice universe. They'll be in the Insurgency and so they'll help Batman rebuild the world, which does make sense considering Flash is on his side too.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I wonder why Green Arrow isn't on the website.
Maybe GA is just in story mode?

Just sayin'.

I never read the Injustice comics, but I assume that's the "story behind the story". You'll probably see that in the upcoming Injustice comics, if not in the story mode.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Yep, he indeed is like Ermac, and this is why I already have a nightmare. Two Ermacs in one game isn't good for my health.
I Am sorry to hear that. I feel bad not because he is Ermac but because NRS did such a poor job. We've seen Cobra who was copy of Ken - that was bad. Not to mention others clones.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
excited for firestorm. i like how they used legends Jefferson face !!!

now if we can just get hawkgirl in this game.. :(

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
excited for firestorm. i like how they used legends Jefferson face !!!

now if we can just get hawkgirl in this game.. :(
If they add Hawkgirl and The Ray then thats it. I'm officially fully overloaded with folks to play as. I comained Hawkgirl/Bane after I got tired of GA being so meh and I adore The Ray. At that point you may as well add back Shazam and have my backpocket dude in as well. :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Maybe GA is just in story mode?

Just sayin'.

I never read the Injustice comics, but I assume that's the "story behind the story". You'll probably see that in the upcoming Injustice comics, if not in the story mode.
They'll most likely explain it more in the newer comic series hitting soon that takes place in between I1 and I2 by Tom Taylor, and in the games storymode I'm sure.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
So much this. Some youtubers love themselves and hearing their cringy voices way too much. Cutting 16bit insight but leaving lame stuff like them acting like paper experts like it's funny or something shows that they didn't deserve to be picked for the reveal.
You know, I'm aware I'm in the minority here but I found the UUDD guys far more entertaining than I ever have 16Bit or the usual NRS employees. As informative as 16Bit, nope. But knowing full well this was a "reveal" in the sense of bringing in a channel to build more hype, I found this to be just fine.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
After stewing about it, I had to come back in here and comment on the part where the one dude says he was playing the beta longer so he was "good" or whatever, and then they don't show ANY fighting beyond like 2 throws and a Super.

16Bit is sitting back there rambling about moves and then they show the screen as if these guys are going to do moves and all they show is some standing around, shooting a fireball and a trait activation. Fuck me that was lame.

These guys aren't fucking good, even from a casual stand point and everyone fucking knows it.

I'd give the whole video a 0/10 except seeing Paulo in pedo/rapist cosplay gave me a chuckle.

1/10. Never want to see these assholes again.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
You know, I'm aware I'm in the minority here but I found the UUDD guys far more entertaining than I ever have 16Bit or the usual NRS employees. As informative as 16Bit, nope. But knowing full well this was a "reveal" in the sense of bringing in a channel to build more hype, I found this to be just fine.
You see the bright side of that, which is admirable...anywhere except on TYM. So I've reported you, SilverLiningsPlaybook.

trufenix

bye felicia

I imagine his priorities would be different if Flash had spent five years oppressing the world and murdering people with Superman before he showed up on the series.