What's new

Firestorm Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Firestorm is next on my list, anything you guys wanna see/know? Or should I just record whatever combos/things I can find?
have few frame data questions for ya (know prob subject to change) but what are molten trap/mb molten trap,the torpedo/air torpedo and the 360 burst move&mb version on block?

recording a video of his frame data actually be really helpful that u taking requests haha :)

Last edited:

The Gabriel

Mean Man
There will be a lot of lvl 3 trait combos spammed with "durr look at this!!!1" when it's the no-trait combos we need to be concerned with for the most part.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
There will be a lot of lvl 3 trait combos spammed with "durr look at this!!!1" when it's the no-trait combos we need to be concerned with for the most part.
Well I will try to contribute as best I can....Just waiting for the game to install at this point lol

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Quick Notes so far
b1 is his fastest mid at 9f & it only goes into his overhead which gives him a knockdown(-10)
both 1 & d1 are 7f...112 is +3 on block and on hit knocks them away...113 is -3 on block and its a low
f1332 is a hitconfirm string...if you finish it, it's 0 on block...if it hits, it knocks away and you can combo into whatever midstring
f21 looks to be a good juggle string...it does go into a safer string with f213(-5)

*Pretty sure everyone knows that his trait powers up his normals and grabs

Keep in mind that the in game frame data might be wrong since you know it's NRS

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Spent most of the time exploring traitless stuff as that's the state he'll be in most of match.

I wonder if his MB molten trap allow him to do some vortex, at least if he has some good mixup strings.
Besides that, everything you found will be good.
I'm looking forward to this character.
He has no low starters, his main mixup is b12 (overhead) or b1 xx Molten trap, but traitless the overhead just knocks down.
He has a few lows in strings, 223 (-5) and 113 (-3). Both knock down but 113 with trait ground bounces.

Does his burst AA crossups, does MB Burst AA crossups? On reaction. Not read. Test against Batman J2.
Here:

if you do the move early enough it'll work, but it's not fast enough to anti-air on pure reaction (15f), you'll have to anticipate a bit. MB version is just bigger, as an anti-air it doesn't make much difference.
You can combo off regular if it hits high enough, MB just gives you a bigger window to combo.

@TrulyAmiracle came here to ask this exact question

Please and thank you

Also. Do you get fireball when trying to walk back can and do F1?
Nope, no fireball. Only possible if you do bf quickly. I can upload a vid showing this if necessary.

have few frame data questions for ya (know prob subject to change) but what are molten trap/mb molten trap,the torpedo/air torpedo and the 360 burst move&mb version on block?

recording a video of his frame data actually be really helpful that u taking requests haha :)
PS4 blocked direct uploading of i2 stuff to Youtube so I'll just list them instead.

Torpedo 8f/-17, air version 6f/-29
Molten Trap 17f/-12, MB 14f/-15 (you can MB it on block but not on whiff)

I'm interested in his main overhead's raw damage traited/non traited.
traitless it's only f3 if you want damage. B2 and B12 knock down w/o trait so no damage there. Some basic stuff from f3 and traitless corner combo.

Haven't explored trait stuff enough but it's basically more launches so you'll get 10-15% more damage easily.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Here:

if you do the move early enough it'll work, but it's not fast enough to anti-air on pure reaction (15f), you'll have to anticipate a bit. MB version is just bigger, as an anti-air it doesn't make much difference.
You can combo off regular if it hits high enough, MB just gives you a bigger window to combo.

ugh...they dont look the best aa wise, hows torpedo? being that fast ya'd think be a good aa but guess depends on the hitbox/hurtbox

Status
Not open for further replies.