What's new

Firestorm Inescapable 50/50

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
not a big fan of box dash mixups because your character literally turns around when they cross up but i can still see people getting hit by this. nice find!

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
this is awesome tech @HeroesNZ props are in order for finding this

I just want to mention that this probably turns into a FOUR WAY mix-up. After Ji2 obviously you can go for B2 or MT, or B12 / B1~MT, for an Overhead / Low mix-up. What's probably not so obvious is that Ji3 even at this height is very plus, and you can still go for that exact same mix-up

Here's a video of beating out enemy Firestorm set to Reversal Fusion Charge (fastest non Super Reversal in the game) with F2, a 14f Mid, after B3 (slow the video down on youtube to 25% and you can see him starting the Fusino Charge animation).
B2 will do the same meaning they have to make a read on that 50/50 if they want to poke out.
These numbers mean you are at least +6 but it looks even more to be honest. I meant to record myself doing B2 but accidently did F2, it's whatever tho I cbf to record for a button

EDIT: B2 reset beats reversal's on block, but with the same timing it doesn't convert off Ji3. Feels bad man. I'll try find a mix off Ji3 that works on both hit and block.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Okay, put a little more time in and made it work.

Recorded Firestorm to mix after Ji3.
First loop shows me blocking the Ji3 and then trying to reversal the gap with Fusion Charge. Easily beaten out (animation doesn't even get started), meaning we get a guaranteed mix with B12 or B1~MT after a blocked Ji3.

Second loop shows me getting caught by the Ji3 mix up, but Firestorm still gets to go into full combo off either B1 option.

Exact same timing on inputs for both, its just the same thing looped.

25/25/25/25 confirmed :)