What's new

Firestorm General Discussion Thread

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
So you mean you play mostly defensively with him, ey?
Yeah for the most part. If I need to whiff punish moves with a disjointed hitbox though Ill use B2/MT depending on what Im up against. Like ST's F2(I think) has a mad disjointed hitbox so you need to backdash a lot of the time and MT punish cause it has a decent amount of recovery. For most though its less risky to try to whiff punish with B2 as its faster, but you get less reward unless you're in trait

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Also is this is most optimal meterless combo from L3 trait into restand?

B2, F21, 11, F133xxBD2 - 301.93 on Supes

If starting with 113 it does 323.17

I have managed to do b2, b3, J3, 11, F133xxBD2 for around 430. But it is probably isn’t always practical as it seems to be very hard to connect the b3 after b2 point blank. B2 needs to be done from range or on oki to connect later in it’s active frames in order for b3 to be easy to connect.

fireborg

Noob
What do you sexy firestorm players throw out in neutral? His f213 is was too slow of a startup, and his f133 is moderately slow without a ton of range.
you just named his biggest weakness, small hitbox and bad frames on forward advancing moves in the neutral , his B3 one of the best in the game tho, you can also increase the area it covers (check the moves list)

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

There is more optimal, I can't remember the exact version but you do F133 twice in the juggle.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Can regular Molten Trap be punished by a forward jump now? Or was it able to before?

Last edited:

fireborg

Noob
Can regular Molten Trap be punished by a forward jump now? Or was it able to before?
hey man, defo not before, even now it obviously depends on the distance and lenght of MT. i labed it with the default one and was not able to punish with superman on jump in tho..

Cursa

hey man, defo not before, even now it obviously depends on the distance and lenght of MT. i labed it with the default one and was not able to punish with superman on jump in tho..
I guess it also depends on which character it is too, and what jump in is used (obviously). I imagine a character like Swamp Thing might struggle to punish it.

I was asking because you can jump forward through the gap in MB molten trap right? If so then it's basically guaranteed punish regardless of whether they MB it or not, so you don't have to risk that sort of guess as to whether they MB it or not

fireborg

Noob
I guess it also depends on which character it is too, and what jump in is used (obviously). I imagine a character like Swamp Thing might struggle to punish it.

I was asking because you can jump forward through the gap in MB molten trap right? If so then it's basically guaranteed punish regardless of whether they MB it or not, so you don't have to risk that sort of guess as to whether they MB it or not
i see , you was able to do that before i am sure (jump after the first hit of MT - seen it in an old noble raptor video), but labed it again and still no punish (in the center default position), if you would be able to do that, it would be quiet cheeky tho

Cursa

i see , you was able to do that before i am sure (jump after the first hit of MT - seen it in an old noble raptor video), but labed it again and still no punish (in the center default position), if you would be able to do that, it would be quiet cheeky tho
It must've been character dependant pre-patch, because I know for certain you couldn't do it as some characters.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I imagine a character like Swamp Thing might struggle to punish it.
Just a note, between ST's long reaching normals (B2? I think) and shoulder charge, he actually has a pretty easy time punishing MT even from a distance. I've actually always though ST did pretty well against FS

Cursa

Just a note, between ST's long reaching normals (B2? I think) and shoulder charge, he actually has a pretty easy time punishing MT even from a distance. I've actually always though ST did pretty well against FS
I don't struggle with it personally but it'd be nice to not have to take the guess between whether or not he MB's it.

It must've been character dependant pre-patch, because I know for certain you couldn't do it as some characters.
Pre patch all characters could neutral jump between the Molten trap and it’s mb part. Because neutral jump starts up faster than diagonal. Post patch everyone can forward /backward jump, but not every character can get a guaranteed punish if Firestorm doesn’t mb the molten trap from the distance.

fireborg

Noob
So dont know if this is old news , so dont go all crazy on me if it is, never seen anyone use it tho

Do a 2bars of meter combo in a corner ending in mb molten trap for restand

Then if you press j3 real late is not a crossup , weird af

If you do it early it is

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So dont know if this is old news , so dont go all crazy on me if it is, never seen anyone use it tho

Do a 2bars of meter combo in a corner ending in mb molten trap for restand

Then if you press j3 real late is not a crossup , weird af

If you do it early it is

If I had to guess, it's probably just the game not properly displaying it as a crossup because it is so delayed. The little "crossup" popup isn't perfect. I guess the idea is that you were on that side long enough that it doesn't trigger the popup. The foolproof way to check if something crosses up is to play as the opponent defending against a recording of the AI.

And food for thought, when a real person blocks, they walk back. Some crossup situations that may seem good in practice aren't because the opponent can move back in time to make it not cross up.(If your crossup hits meaty as they are getting up this won't be an issue.) The AI dummy just instantly blocks when he gets hit rather then walking back. Not relevant here, but something to think about when testing this sort of thing.

Last edited: