What's new

Firestorm buff wish list

ZonalsEnd

"Let's turn up the heat!"
Been maining him from day one. He has some bad matchups, but he's definitely usable. Gotta get tricky with the mixups throwing in the molten trap. Conditioning them to block the overheads makes it a bit easier to hit them with the trap. Everyone starts immediately blocking low against Firestorm because of the trap and his high strings.

Only buff I'd ask for is the trait to either start at full or (heck I'd even take starting at level 1) or maybe just a faster charge time. I always have to wait for the opponent to clash on second bar before I use it, because sure enough just about every time it gets popped and they haven't clashed, they will if they get caught. Then it's gone for the rest of the match.

As of right now I try to use it as a finisher.

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
The main issue with his trait is that level 1 and 2 are so far from useful that its rarely worth popping it until level 3.

If level 2 had a few more buffs with it, then it would be a super strong trait.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Id like to see him used more. He's interesting. I dont know about MagicMan's claim of top 5.. (Id love to hear him line out why he thinks that - no disrespect, would legit like to hear the case presented) but I think he's good.

This is from an observationist standpoint, I dont play FS and know VERY little about him, but when I see him played in higher level situations I always kinda cringe when he pops trait, because his trait doesnt do what people think it does. It doent really regen health, or buff his specials, or make anything launch, or make anything safe, etc. What it actually does is make the very next hit INSTANTLY AND AUTOMATICALLY cause clash. That's what his trait does.

I still dont see why clash resets traits the way it does.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Increase his trait charge speed...

...and put his damn feet on the ground! Tired of these floaters advancing over my best footsie tools because they're "high profiling" it :mad:
For real, characters that mess with his hitboxes piss me off. I feel like his moves whiff a lot more than most characters, especially his b/f3...

Dr_3k

Noob
I take most of it back. Now all i really want is 112 to be hmm or a better d2 and maybe add some graphics to ex burst. If they mess with trait thatd be cool too

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I take most of it back. Now all i really want is 112 to be hmm or a better d2 and maybe add some graphics to ex burst. If they mess with trait thatd be cool too
You can d2 clean through someone's body and it whiffs.

Its no bad anymore its just broke.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Buff his dialogue. It's the worst in the game.

Homeboy legit sounds like the type of dude who carries a stash of rohypnol in his pocket all the time. You know, just in case...