What's new

Question - Dragons Fire Fireball cancel

How can you do the fireball cancel? Every time I try to do it it can't connect on hit. Any video with tutorial or helpful comments would be appreciated. Thank you

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
You just have to practice it. It's pretty tight timing.

First try this: 112xxFireballxxRun,113, which leads to a full combo.

So, for this example, you do 112 cancelling into fireball (you can input the fireball before the 112 comes out I believe), and then as soon as it's charging the fireball run cancel for a very short time and do 113. Keep trying until you can get it to connect, you will know if your combo goes up to six hits after the 113.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Ive always found when trying to learn combos to break them down step by step, especially when I'm struggling.

Start off by doing raw fireball, canceled into run. No string no nothing just fireball cancel into run. Then start doing a string (like previously suggested 112) into fire ball, and just cancel it into run. Don't worry about anything other than Canceling it into run at first. Once you get that down and can do it consistently, then work on canceling the run into the next string.

A little practice tip, turn your endurance on infinite in practice mode, less down time.

You just have to practice it. It's pretty tight timing.

First try this: 112xxFireballxxRun,113, which leads to a full combo.

So, for this example, you do 112 cancelling into fireball (you can input the fireball before the 112 comes out I believe), and then as soon as it's charging the fireball run cancel for a very short time and do 113. Keep trying until you can get it to connect, you will know if your combo goes up to six hits after the 113.
Hi! Thanks for the advice, I would like to know if it is good to use fireball cancel in tournaments or online? Trying to main liu kang atm.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Hi! Thanks for the advice, I would like to know if it is good to use fireball cancel in tournaments or online? Trying to main liu kang atm.
This is going to be a staple part of Liu's high level pressure and meta. It also leads to his most high damaging combos so yeah its going to be important to master to be a good Liu player imo.

Kaspa Oner

Impostor.
What's the point though? his 112 cancel 113 b343 bike kick uppercut does 29/30% damage but do it with simply just 113 to start and does the same amount?

:s

Capitalc

Noob
How can you do the fireball cancel? Every time I try to do it it can't connect on hit. Any video with tutorial or helpful comments would be appreciated. Thank you
https://youtu.be/bXDOa6io5p0
Try using F2, 1 Fire ball Cancel string, its alot easier to start off. Remember while inputting the fireball cancel hold 1 and double tap forward or double tap back. It takes at least one second i believe for fireball cancel to come out so mix up your combo that with a low kick or low punch and start up the fireball cancel again. I made a video below for demonstration.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Try using F2, 1 Fire ball Cancel string, its alot easier to start off. Remember while inputting the fireball cancel hold 1 and double tap forward or double tap back. It takes at least one second i believe for fireball cancel to come out so mix up your combo that with a low kick or low punch and start up the fireball cancel again. I made a video below for demonstration.

try again m8 gotta use run because dashing with f21 im sure is def not positive

Capitalc

Noob
try again m8 gotta use run because dashing with f21 im sure is def not positive
Yeah I know F21 is neutral on block but i was just showing him first a easy way to practice the fireball cancel and then he can try a little more advance move of F213 with fireball cancel which I think is positive on block.