What's new

Strategy Finding a secondary

Hey guys,
I main Smoke and have been since the game came out. I consider myself pretty good with him but I'm looking to pick up another character to mix it up. Who do you guys feel would be a good transition for me coming from Smoke's style of play?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Hey guys,
I main Smoke and have been since the game came out. I consider myself pretty good with him but I'm looking to pick up another character to mix it up. Who do you guys feel would be a good transition for me coming from Smoke's style of play?
My mains are reptile and smoke. Both are counter attackers and are excellent punishing characters.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Sub Zero. Smoke is anti zone and weak against rushdown

Sub Zero is anti rushdown and weak against zone.

I have them as my tag team.

Thanks guys!
So, Reptile would go right along with how I play in countering and Sub would shut those down who are constantly in my face. I'll have to try em both out.

I main smoke but i'm still learning smoke's tools and mindgames everyday a little bit more, my alternate character is Sub-Zero cause of what Lyuben said.
Altough you might want to try out mileena, she has a good projectile, nice teleport, a low hit combo beginner and an overhead combo beginner, and shes pretty damn fast.
Altough i'd go for Reptile.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
I like Sektor, good Zoning and heavy damage combos.
And also Kabal for good lows.

Triple team would be superawesome!

hardwire

Noob
going with the same of smoke being a great anti zoner i chose who i thought to be a great rush down and thats lue kang

all of you make good points on who to use, SO MANY CHOICES! lol. The idea of using a rushdown character isnt a bad idea either. What do you guys think of the DLC's, Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain?

Definatly don't drop smoke, but as a alternate you should pick up a rushdown character like Johnny/Liu Kang or Mileena, or you should pick up a zoning character like Ermac or Sub-zero.
i Main smoke too and my Alternates are Mileena and Sub-Zero.

Definatly don't drop smoke, but as a alternate you should pick up a rushdown character like Johnny/Liu Kang or Mileena, or you should pick up a zoning character like Ermac or Sub-zero.
i Main smoke too and my Alternates are Mileena and Sub-Zero.
I've been messing around with Sub-Zero quite a bit and I'm loving it. Those Ice Clones and string cancels into Ice Clones are super fun and give me great success with stopping my opponents cold. (pun intended :) ) I wish his damage output midscreen was a bit better though, still havent been too good in the corner with him yet

PeeJaeys

Sabi
I honestly don't know how to play with anyone other than smoke. Sucks eh? But I have been messing with Kabal. He seems to be the perfect choice. If not Johnny Cage. Johnny seems to be a great secondary for anything. ie; Evo.

Altsa

I went from Kitana->Nightwolf->quan chi->sektor->cyber sub->cyrax->johnny cage->Jade->mileena->liu kang before finaly stopping at smoke..I´ve got a many secondaries.....on top of that I know nice BnBs for every character....knowledge is power.

I main Smoke and second Raiden. I mostly use Raiden when I'm up against rush down characters, who I tend to have some trouble against with Smoke. Raiden is strong against any characters though, so I sometimes just throw him out there for a change.

Kitana cuz she can do it all...zone and apply mad pressure
Noob because I never really played a zoner before but he mad fun to play
Johnny because I love his pressure and ability to lock u down force mistake
Kano because he a beast and sooo disrespectful

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

You guys are awesome! Great suggestions, I've been trying out a lot of the characters you guys are mentioning and a couple stand out so far.
Sub-Zero, because its just hell of a lot of fun continuously freezing people with ice clones (had one kid rage quit with raiden and then in the chat room "TOO MANY CLONES" lol)
Kabal, he has every tool. If I could only figure out the damn dash cancel I'd be a lot better.
and then, he wasn't mentioned by you guys, but Rain. He's extremely fun to play and has great bnbs.

I appreciate all of your help though, its really cool to get so much helpful input from the Kommunity :)

hardwire

Noob
You guys are awesome! Great suggestions, I've been trying out a lot of the characters you guys are mentioning and a couple stand out so far.
Sub-Zero, because its just hell of a lot of fun continuously freezing people with ice clones (had one kid rage quit with raiden and then in the chat room "TOO MANY CLONES" lol)
Kabal, he has every tool. If I could only figure out the damn dash cancel I'd be a lot better.
and then, he wasn't mentioned by you guys, but Rain. He's extremely fun to play and has great bnbs.

I appreciate all of your help though, its really cool to get so much helpful input from the Kommunity :)
are you asking how to do the nomad dash cancel ?

if yes i was told its back block

so use the move and hit back block and he should stop