What's new

Tech Finally hitting like a man - Arrow's corner 50/50 (with added swag)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
The basics:
After an Ice Arrow in the corner, you can whiff a normal/special (or make your own timing, such as by using F Dash x2 or NJ) then go for a crossup J2. It works best when you do it after using a standing arrow, because it's kinda random. If you go for it after a low arrow, your best bet is walking back slightly, whiffing a standing 1, and then going for the J2. Generally, if you time it late it'll crossup, and if you time it slightly earlier it won't. If they block, you're completely safe and they're jailed into 111. You can hit-confirm into MBB3 on hit, and Savage Blast/Load Arrow/whatever on block. The only bad part with this is that if they block crossup correctly then it puts you into the corner.

Time for the Grand Finale! (Not really, it's just some swag resets)
If you're really feeling yourself, after the Ice Arrow you can do Load Arrow, then J2 xx Low Arrow.
But Heroes, why would you do that?

This works on everyone. Also, no matter which way the J2 hits, it brings them out of the corner. The best ways to time the J2 are (roughly in order): Whiffing Standing 1, Sky Alert, NJ (works best if you froze them in a juggled state), FWD Dash x2, Load Arrow.

@Cossner
@Jimmypotato
@7L
@CalebHabra
@Red Reaper
@Eric Z19
@Scoot Magee
@ando1184
@Every Arrow player I missed (+ Chris G)

Last edited:

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
The basics:
After an Ice Arrow in the corner, you can whiff a normal/special (or make your own timing, such as by using F Dash x2 or NJ) then go for a crossup J2. It works best when you do it after using a standing arrow, because it's kinda random. If you go for it after a low arrow, your best bet is walking back slightly, whiffing a standing 1, and then going for the J2. Generally, if you time it late it'll crossup, and if you time it slightly earlier it won't. If they block, you're completely safe and they're jailed into 111. You can hit-confirm into MBB3 on hit, and Savage Blast/Load Arrow/whatever on block. The only bad part with this is that if they block crossup correctly then it puts you into the corner.

If you're really feeling yourself, after the Ice Arrow you can do Load Arrow, then J2 xx Low Arrow.

This works on everyone. Also, no matter which way the J2 hits, it brings them out of the corner. The best ways to time the J2 are (roughly in order): Whiffing Standing 1, Sky Alert, NJ (only if you froze them in a juggled state), FWD Dash x2, Load Arrow.

@Cossner
@Jimmypotato
@7L
@CalebHabra
@Red Reaper
@Eric Z19
@Scoot Magee
@ando1184
That second one:

EVB_VenDeTTa

Still Glad You Were Born?!
The basics:

This works on everyone. Also, no matter which way the J2 hits, it brings them out of the corner. The best ways to time the J2 are (roughly in order): Whiffing Standing 1, Sky Alert, NJ (works best if you froze them in a juggled state), FWD Dash x2, Load Arrow.

@Cossner
@Jimmypotato
@7L
@CalebHabra
@Red Reaper
@Eric Z19
@Scoot Magee
@ando1184
Missed meh

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Omg someone make a gif out of the second one.

But ok this is my analysis:

According to your description, thats SimSim's reset. The problem with that reset is making it ambiguous. In practical gameplay it's actually pretty easy to block, but I can get away with it from time to time. Usually in the corner I just go for damage. I love the f2d13 > d2 xx frozen arrow one tho. I'm totally stealing that. That + super in the corner with transitions omg *squirts*.

My question is, is this specific setup ambiguous or hard to block? If it is then *squirts*

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Omg someone make a gif out of the second one.

But ok this is my analysis:

According to your description, thats SimSim's reset. The problem with that reset is making it ambiguous. In practical gameplay it's actually pretty easy to block, but I can get away with it from time to time. Usually in the corner I just go for damage. I love the f2d13 > d2 xx frozen arrow one tho. I'm totally stealing that. That + super in the corner with transitions omg *squirts*.

My question is, is this specific setup ambiguous or hard to block? If it is then *squirts*
As for the reset in general, I tested it on myself because no one was online (I'd close my eyes before I did J2 so I didn't know the timing) and it was pretty ambiguous - I found that it was more ambiguous after a standing Ice Arrow, as opposed to a low Ice Arrow which usually doesn't crossup unless you do it super late.

For the swag resets, I'd say the hardest to block if you don't know it's coming is the last one because when Arrow dashes forward, you're behind him so you're holding back to block, then it quickly moves you in front of Arrow so you get hit by B2. Next would be the second one because it's trippy as hell lol.

@oNe87_VenDeTTa my bad, I just looked through the last 2 pages on the MU discussion thread lol.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
OMG. Dude. This shit is fucking awesome. Now find shit like this for Shazam. :DOGE
No seriously please. Im out of ideas for stuff.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The j2 is hard to make ambiguous. I was really trying hard with that by using j1, 2 and 3 after staggers and ice arrow resets in the corner but it was never consistent. That 2nd video with the dash crossup is pretty sick though.

Scoot Magee

I'm really trying to figure out why it allows you to dash through them when frozen after landing the crossup j2 into ice arrow. If it's possible to make that happen mid screen it would be crazy.

Scoot Magee

I've only gotten the dash through to work in the corner. It seems to only work off a crossup j2 into a raw ice arrow regardless of if they're frozen or not. If you add anything between the 2 it will not let you dash through them at all. NRS games really have the weirdest properties. It's like the game realizes that you weren't supposed to be able to dash through and it sucks you back to the other side lol. J1 would work as well but it wont combo into a raw ice arrow. J1 is a lot easier to hit as a crossup when unfrozen so it would be pretty cool if that actually worked.

Reactions: 7L

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I've only gotten the dash through to work in the corner. It seems to only work off a crossup j2 into a raw ice arrow regardless of if they're frozen or not. If you add anything between the 2 it will not let you dash through them at all. NRS games really have the weirdest properties. It's like the game realizes that you weren't supposed to be able to dash through and it sucks you back to the other side lol. J1 would work as well but it wont combo into a raw ice arrow. J1 is a lot easier to hit as a crossup when unfrozen so it would be pretty cool if that actually worked.
corpse hop shenanigans , welcome to the illustrious club :DOGE

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Call me a skeptic, but is it really possible to just phase through the other character with your dash. New here so wouldn't know

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok so I've been playing around with this trying to hit it consistently. The only way I could do that was to alternate between j2 and j3 which is ambiguous enough I guess. The funny this is (as mentioned in the OP) you'll end up on the opposite side no matter what but they'll have to block the j2 as if it weren't a crossup (sort of how DS sword spin can cross you up in the corner but still put you back into the corner). This doesn't work after a f3 however. So here's some ways to get into the 50/50 and how to capitalize on it. Also, empty jumps ftw.

PS: I only tried it on BA, it might be fucked up on Catwoman or something. Will try more some other day.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok so I tested some stuff out. It works on Catwoman who has the smallest (?) hitbox. While you CAN reload an arrow and go for the 50/50 they have enough time so that whichever way they block they'll block it. In other word it's useless unless the decide to duck your jump in attack. Last but not least, I was bored and made some swag combos with the setup. The Fortress of Saltytude is my favorite, an 83% reset where you can make the last half of it unclashable.