What's new

Match-up Discussion Finalization of NW MU's? (Patch 1.06)

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
lol NW does not beat MMH, that is a 5-5, and NW has trouble pressuring MMH, f2 blows up his d1 pressure. they go pretty even in the footsie game. Nightwing can somewhat zone him out, as well as a character can zone MMH that is.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
We should do like @Mr Aquaman does. Ft10-20 with someone VERY good with said character and knowledgeable in the mu Preferably streamed so others that use said character can watch and learn. We can also throw multiple styles of nw's at the MU of choice.

Also, tier placement isn't set in stone from just one sitting lol Its from A LOT of sets, with 2 people of = skill and knowledge of the mu.

What say you d1ck nation?

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
lol NW does not beat MMH, that is a 5-5, and NW has trouble pressuring MMH, f2 blows up his d1 pressure. they go pretty even in the footsie game. Nightwing can somewhat zone him out, as well as a character can zone MMH that is.
bro...I have learned tons about this MU just after the short set we had. The f2 stuffing NW staff d1 is huge and was a new one for me. I agree 5-5 and can't wait to get more matches in.

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
bro...I have learned tons about this MU just after the short set we had. The f2 stuffing NW staff d1 is huge and was a new one for me. I agree 5-5 and can't wait to get more matches in.
sure man i had a great time playing, and ill be down for more games at any time as long as we are both available, and i could tell you were new to the MU, got hit by a lot of teleports on knockdown lol.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lex's fucks given about theory - 0
good. Let the theory battle begin!

NW can keep him full screen and zone him with ground pound. In staff, how does lex even get in? air charge? Might work once but b1, and 1b1 work very well and keep him grounded. trip guarding him with gp is also good. to keep him out.

Up close NW destroys him.

Lex's only option is to get momentum going first and not fuck up. otherwise he can't win.

MY THEORY > Your theory

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
good. Let the theory battle begin!

NW can keep him full screen and zone him with ground pound. In staff, how does lex even get in? air charge? Might work once but b1, and 1b1 work very well and keep him grounded. trip guarding him with gp is also good. to keep him out.

Up close NW destroys him.

Lex's only option is to get momentum going first and not fuck up. otherwise he can't win.

MY THEORY > Your theory
I can jump, then once I'm in range for j3/corp charge you have to start making reads, which also gives me time to pop my trait. I don't have to sit there crying like vs Sinestro. Up close how does he destroy me? My normals aren't slow, once I get a touch and get trait my rushdown>>>>>>>your rushdown. Who are you getting exp from?

No offense but my practice>your theory. I've run this mu like a million times and the ones I've played agree with that number as far as I know. I know I've played you but it was like 5 months ago or something so that doesn't count.

WhatTheGrayson

Dick mode:Engaged.
Batman 5-5 (Agreed)
Aquaman 5-5 (Agreed)
Supes 6-4 (Agreed)
Cyborg 6-4 (Disagree...I don't think it is possible to be anything less than 7-3 if iafb are perfect)
Deathstroke 6-4 (Disagree...5-5 or 4-6 in NW favor. I've never fought a DS I could not beat)
Sinestro 7-3 (Agreed)
Green Arrow 5-5 (Disagree...3-7 in NW favor. Both stances body GA. 7L should agree its terrible)
Green Lantern 6-4 (Agreed)
Wonder Woman 5-5 (Agreed)
Flash 5-5 (Agreed)
Grundy 4-6 (Agreed)
Doomsday 4-6 (Agreed)
Bane 4-6 (Agreed)
Raven 6-4 (Agreed)
Hawkgirl 6-4 (Agreed...Feels like 7-3 but I need to play it more..I think he does better than Grundy which is a 7-3 so 6-4 it is)
Shazam 5-5 (Disagree...It is much closer to 3-7 but I can settle for 4-6 NW Favor)
Batgirl 5-5 (Agreed but in the long run she probably wins 6-4)
Zatanna 6-4/7-3 (Agreed but only because I have no idea)
Joker 5-5 (Disagree...4-6 NW favor because he can outzone Joker fairly easily)
Harley 6-4 (Agreed...Her zoning and wakeups make any momentum difficult to maintain.)
Black Adam 5-5 (Disagree...6-4 in BA favor. His air control and divekick make him more mobile in all situations. He can whiff punish FG or anything with MB divekick easily. I don't see how this can be 5-5)
Ares 5-5 (Disagree...4-6 NW favor. What does Ares have over NW? I feel NW speed on his normals allow him to pressure Ares easily while avoiding his mediocre zoning.)
Zod 7-3 (Agreed)
Lobo 5-5 (Agreed...Punishing wing dings from 3/4 screen is huge)
Scorpion 5-5 ( Disagreed...3-7 NW favor. Scorpian loses 90% of all his MU. As a co-scorpion main, I feel he loses 3-7. Staff d1 to full combo punishes everything Scorpion does.)
Killer Frost 6-4 (Disagree...Theory fighting suggests this is NW favor 4-6 because of zoning. I'm willing to be proven wrong though.)
Lex 4-6 (Disagree...3-7 NW favor. Lex really has no options and no way to start his momentum.)
Catwoman 5-5 (Agreed)
MMH 5-5 (Agreed...for now)

@WhatTheGrayson
Tbh I don't have a clue how to fight DS and just end up getting gatted full screen.
How does one fight that MU?
Also why the "for now"?
I honestly feeel like wake up slide bodies your pressure.
The only KF's I've beaten is Astronout's.
If GA is 3-7 us, I must be REALLY bad at the MU.

WhatTheGrayson

I can jump, then once I'm in range for j3/corp charge you have to start making reads, which also gives me time to pop my trait. I don't have to sit there crying like vs Sinestro. Up close how does he destroy me? My normals aren't slow, once I get a touch and get trait my rushdown>>>>>>>your rushdown. Who are you getting exp from?

No offense but my practice>your theory. I've run this mu like a million times and the ones I've played agree with that number as far as I know. I know I've played you but it was like 5
months ago or something so that doesn't count.
I can vouch thisz
I've lost half-full life bar by Lex's. Once he gets trait it's kind of a 113 game but its just ass ;-:
But I wouldn't corpse charge because of the B2/D2 punish so eh.
It can go either way.
Also Flipkick not crossing up fucking sucks.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

No offense but my practice>your theory. I've run this mu like a million times and the ones I've played agree with that number as far as I know. I know I've played you but it was like 5 months ago or something so that doesn't count.
Lets run a set this weekend. I'll also be playing clint offline so i'll let you know how that goes. I'd like to be wrong...that just means I learned something.

Let me ask you, were you playing against Dick or Damian? It makes a difference you know.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Tbh I don't have a clue how to fight DS and just end up getting gatted full screen.
How does one fight that MU?
Also why the "for now"?
I honestly feeel like wake up slide bodies your pressure.
The only KF's I've beaten is Astronout's.
If GA is 3-7 us, I must be REALLY bad at the MU.
ds in my opinion gets out footsied by NW normals. and NW can oki him very easiy in staff. I play this almost 100% in staff. Trading gp for guns is in NW favor and with the Oki...ggs

KF is theory aka i don't really know and GA gets out zoned easily in both stances. His pressure is not that great and his damage if he lands something is mediocre. Just watch out for his super in round 2 and learn to back dash the setups. I did this to 7l first try in our set at FR off his 111 super setup. I loled

E

Eldriken

Nightwing has advantage over Doomsday? HOW DA FUQ?

I would say it's a 5-5 or 6-4 in Doomsday's favor at best/worst. Really, what are Nightwing's options against Doomsday? Yeah, you can blow up his trait with staff spin or d1 to your heart's content until it goes away, but who can't do that?

Those invincible wake ups of his don't mean squat if I get a sweep in. Doesn't matter if you're in the corner or mid screen. Your only option is to either block (which you had better be good at if you're fighting a competent Doomsday) or a Flying Grayson (which you run the risk of getting reversed if you're in the corner).

But in all honesty, I'd say it's a 5-5, no questions asked.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Jupiter can I get a set for funsies?

WhatTheGrayson

ds in my opinion gets out footsied by NW normals. and NW can oki him very easiy in staff. I play this almost 100% in staff. Trading gp for guns is in NW favor and with the Oki...ggs

KF is theory aka i don't really know and GA gets out zoned easily in both stances. His pressure is not that great and his damage if he lands something is mediocre. Just watch out for his super in round 2 and learn to back dash the setups. I did this to 7l first try in our set at FR off his 111 super setup. I loled
I'll try staff next time I play Crathen.

I've played KF's such as Rickyraws and Astronout and I feel like KF's slide and projectiles just body us freely imo, I could be wrong and woul be open to be proven wrong.

GA i'll just zone o;

NOW
SCORPION
HOW

WhatTheGrayson

I would say it's a 5-5 or 6-4 in Doomsday's favor at best/worst. Really, what are Nightwing's options against Doomsday? Yeah, you can blow up his trait with staff spin or d1 to your heart's content until it goes away, but who can't do that?

Those invincible wake ups of his don't mean squat if I get a sweep in. Doesn't matter if you're in the corner or mid screen. Your only option is to either block (which you had better be good at if you're fighting a competent Doomsday) or a Flying Grayson (which you run the risk of getting reversed if you're in the corner).

Staff just outpokes all of DD's normals. But I don't have much MU experience, you can ask @Sajam or @SonicBoomBrad
As they've played a shit ton.

E

Eldriken

Staff just outpokes all of DD's normals. But I don't have much MU experience, you can ask @Sajam or @SonicBoomBrad
As they've played a shit ton.
Eh, even if that's the case, I don't think it would make the MU lean in his favor. Then again, I'm not a MU guru or anything like that, so my opinion/thoughts on the matter probably don't mean much.

WhatTheGrayson

This is off topic but I love your dp so much omfg
Eh, even if that's the case, I don't think it would make the MU lean in his favor. Then again, I'm not a MU guru or anything like that, so my opinion/thoughts on the matter probably don't mean much.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'll try staff next time I play Crathen.

I've played KF's such as Rickyraws and Astronout and I feel like KF's slide and projectiles just body us freely imo, I could be wrong and woul be open to be proven wrong.

GA i'll just zone o;

NOW
SCORPION
HOW
Look at the frame data everything scorpion does. Look at his flip kick, Meterburn teleport, then his b2.

You get down one checks for all of those and if you're quick, you can get a punish if you link gp.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world

Definitely not 5-5. Wake ups + Stand 1 ground pound run this match up. If you're beating nightwings, they aren't using staff effectively. All it takes is 1 blocked ES to get into stand 1 ground pound range and then you play his game until you get out. Plus his wake ups in staff are ridiculous.

E

Eldriken

Definitely not 5-5. Wake ups + Stand 1 ground pound run this match up. If you're beating nightwings, they aren't using staff effectively. All it takes is 1 blocked ES to get into stand 1 ground pound range and then you play his game until you get out. Plus his wake ups in staff are ridiculous.
You're probably right. I just haven't been playing the right Nightwing players enough.