What's new

Match-up Discussion Finalization of NW MU's? (Patch 1.06)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You have to play it in staff because of his trait blowing up all of escrima's option.
Ground pound is also extremely good because it doesnt allow him to teleport so you keep him honestly that way.
Pressure the fuck out of him when he doesnt have trait.
I know what I need to do on offene...but what I need more practice with is HIS pressure. I need to know when tele is gonna cross up and where the holes in his pressure are.

I think the score was like 13-4 him. The way to improve my score is defense. I'm more curious about how other NW do vs him.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I just played him for the first time last night and I got bodied. It was like I never fought that character before. I need to play more to really learn the MU. What are the scores other NW have vs him
The general consensus is 5-5 in the NW community, but personally i think it's 6-4 Martian.

I know what I need to do on offene...but what I need more practice with is HIS pressure. I need to know when tele is gonna cross up and where the holes in his pressure are.

I think the score was like 13-4 him. The way to improve my score is defense. I'm more curious about how other NW do vs him.
Ovehead Tele will crossup after these hit:
Psionic Push
B13
F2D3
F3

The best way to deal with it is to tech roll. If you block Crossup tele its hella punishable. Also, don't let Martian players get away with 22b3. There's something like an 8 frame gap between 2 and theb3. Always tech roll in the corner. Is there anything specifif you were having trouble with?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The general consensus is 5-5 in the NW community, but personally i think it's 6-4 Martian.

Ovehead Tele will crossup after these hit:
Psionic Push
B13
F2D3
F3

The best way to deal with it is to tech roll. If you block Crossup tele its hella punishable. Also, don't let Martian players get away with 22b3. There's something like an 8 frame gap between 2 and theb3. Always tech roll in the corner. Is there anything specifif you were having trouble with?
Mostly the overhead tele resets. he would drop combos in string and link into overhead tele and catch me off guard. That was how he got 90% of his damage. NW wins the neutral game but the knockdown setups and pressure is the real issue. Only time will help learn the MU. This helps too.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Edit......

Mmh vs nw 5-5

My exp:

Nw v mmh

Shazzzaammmmm = 20-14 him

Enigma= 15-15 I guess we called it a day idk

@AK L0rdoftheFLY You can verify that I go LONG stretches where im not on my xbox and or just playing cod for weeks. Then i come back and play guys like shazz, "yesterday" Where the mu went from the above, to 10-3 mmh vs my nw.. Point being, if a nw player sat in front of his xbox playing all day, practicing and studying this, then the mu would deff always be more consistent and much closer to a 5-5 scenario.

Grundy= 6-4 or even 9-1 nw :joker:
My exp:
Dab,fly,king..

Harley = 5-5

My exp: Is only in ranked and not in sets vs good harleys
Kitana prime annnd im missing someone

BA= Idk... Maybe 5-5 or slightly in Ba's favor

My exp:

Outword
Dragon god < only in ranked

Sinestro, cyborg, gl = If they play the mu right, i swearrr this is like 8-2 7-3ish

Maybe 9-1 :mad:

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I
Mostly the overhead tele resets. he would drop combos in string and link into overhead tele and catch me off guard. That was how he got 90% of his damage. NW wins the neutral game but the knockdown setups and pressure is the real issue. Only time will help learn the MU. This helps too.
Tech rolling gets you of those crossup resets. But the phase setups, the instant air dashes, and orb pressure is just something NW and most of the cast have to eat.

You can verify that I go LONG stretches where im not on my xbox and or just playing cod for weeks. Then i come back and play guys like shazz, "yesterday" Where the mu went from the above, to 10-3 mmh
Dat option select tho;)

Last edited:

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I

Tech rolling gets you of those crossup resets. But the phase setups, the instant air dashes, and orb pressure is just something NW and most of the cast have to eat.

Dat option select tho;)
Id ask you to verify, but you wanna be recognized sooo bad,, it's getting quite pathetic:joker:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Batman 5-5 (Agreed)
Aquaman 5-5 (Agreed)
Supes 6-4 (Agreed)
Cyborg 6-4 (Disagree...I don't think it is possible to be anything less than 7-3 if iafb are perfect)
Deathstroke 6-4 (Disagree...5-5 or 4-6 in NW favor. I've never fought a DS I could not beat)
Sinestro 7-3 (Agreed)
Green Arrow 5-5 (Disagree...3-7 in NW favor. Both stances body GA. 7L should agree its terrible)
Green Lantern 6-4 (Agreed)
Wonder Woman 5-5 (Agreed)
Flash 5-5 (Agreed)
Grundy 4-6 (Agreed)
Doomsday 4-6 (Agreed)
Bane 4-6 (Agreed)
Raven 6-4 (Agreed)
Hawkgirl 6-4 (Agreed...Feels like 7-3 but I need to play it more..I think he does better than Grundy which is a 7-3 so 6-4 it is)
Shazam 5-5 (Disagree...It is much closer to 3-7 but I can settle for 4-6 NW Favor)
Batgirl 5-5 (Agreed but in the long run she probably wins 6-4)
Zatanna 6-4/7-3 (Agreed but only because I have no idea)
Joker 5-5 (Disagree...4-6 NW favor because he can outzone Joker fairly easily)
Harley 6-4 (Agreed...Her zoning and wakeups make any momentum difficult to maintain.)
Black Adam 5-5 (Disagree...6-4 in BA favor. His air control and divekick make him more mobile in all situations. He can whiff punish FG or anything with MB divekick easily. I don't see how this can be 5-5)
Ares 5-5 (Disagree...4-6 NW favor. What does Ares have over NW? I feel NW speed on his normals allow him to pressure Ares easily while avoiding his mediocre zoning.)
Zod 7-3 (Agreed)
Lobo 5-5 (Agreed...Punishing wing dings from 3/4 screen is huge)
Scorpion 5-5 ( Disagreed...3-7 NW favor. Scorpian loses 90% of all his MU. As a co-scorpion main, I feel he loses 3-7. Staff d1 to full combo punishes everything Scorpion does.)
Killer Frost 6-4 (Disagree...Theory fighting suggests this is NW favor 4-6 because of zoning. I'm willing to be proven wrong though.)
Lex 4-6 (Disagree...3-7 NW favor. Lex really has no options and no way to start his momentum.)
Catwoman 5-5 (Agreed)
MMH 5-5 (Agreed...for now)

@WhatTheGrayson

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Revolver thinks the Lex matchup is even I think. Dunno myself but I could see it being 5-5

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I'd say Lex is 6-4 Nightwing. We zone him out well and it's easier for us, but it's still very winnable for Lex

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Why do you guys have frost as 6-4 in NW favor? Is this a joke?
The numbers are reversed...he has it as 6-4 but that is 6-4 her favor. I think it could be NW favor but I really don't know and want more exp in the MU before I take anyones word for it.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Why do you think harley is 4-6 her? You do know that in this mu, we can annoy her more then her us. Wing dings baby boy. If we get the zoning started first, we win that war, even if she starts off with her pew pew, we can jump WD. Ive also ducked, returned fire and retook the zoning battle with ground spark.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Why do you think harley is 4-6 her? You do know that in this mu, we can annoy her more then her us. Wing dings baby boy. If we get the zoning started first, we win that war, even if she starts off with her pew pew, we can jump WD. Ive also ducked, returned fire and retook the zoning battle with ground spark.
how often do you play saltface? I can't help but disagree. He zoning with well placed mb shots can frustrate nw attempts to counter zone.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
how often do you play saltface? I can't help but disagree. He zoning with well placed mb shots can frustrate nw attempts to counter zone.
Ive only ever played kitana prime and phish head in ranked, but never in sets. So ill agree with you purely based on the fact that ive never run a set with good harleys.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ive only ever played kitana prime and phish head in ranked, but never in sets. So ill agree with you purely based on the fact that ive never run a set with good harleys.
kitana prime is good. play a long set but really look to get games with saltface. It is rough