What's new

Question - Predator Final Patch?! - What should be changed?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Heavy weapons has 50/50 mixups that he can make safe with his cancels. Predator does not. Not real ones anyways.

And not only that no one plays heavy weapons anyways lul
Pewdator has a whole bunch of 50/50s from the 2nd hit of his strings. Heavy weapon's B2 is always unsafe, he only has safe low options

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
He wouldn't all of a sudden become "low tier", and his cancels certainly wouldn't become useless. Look at other properly designed cancel characters like Heavy Weapons, Tanya, Shirai Ryu, Marksman, Broodmother, Raiden, Tremor, etc. Even with -5 cancel nerf to his block advantages, he'd still be the best rushdown variation for Predator and have strong offense.

What HQT's Plasma Cancels currently do:

- Allow him to hit confirm off almost any normal or string
- Give him great meterless damage and combo conversions off almost any normal or string
- Builds him extra meter
- Allows him to create many staggers and mindgames on block that Predator normally wouldn't be able to do
- Makes a lot of his full combo punishable strings safer on block
- High plus on block offense

What HQT's Plasma Cancels would do AFTER the block cancel nerf:

- Allow him to hit confirm off almost any normal or string
- Give him great meterless damage and combo conversions off almost any normal or string
- Builds him extra meter
- Allows him to create many staggers and mindgames on block that Predator normally wouldn't be able to do
- Makes a lot of his full combo punishable strings safer on block
- High plus on block offense
- Less plus on block offense

The 6F D+1 is more for Predator's other variations and his general move set. But it'd probably be a little too much for HQT. Hence why that variation needs to be normalized like how Summoner and Kobu Jutsu were.

The slight buff to EX Up Plasma is to make it better than his normal Up Plasma anti-air by 1 frame and make it worth using meter for. Currently the EX Up Plasma is 6F in the game and even then, it doesn't anti-air as consistently against a majority of the cast as one would think.
So why haven't you won anything with HQT then if you think he's cancels are so great. All his cancels are armour-able apart from S4, some are even back-dash-able.
One thing you need to realise is there are several ways to play the character and not everyone wants to play him the way YOU think he should be played. Its literally an up-hill struggle for predator against any heavy offensive character.
Ye i know it's just your opinion but your opinions have been ridiculous and scary recently. Thank goodness your not a staff member at NRS.

The fact that you can armor his cancels means you have to hit confirm them. If you do a string and the opponent blocks, you do a PCC into a block. The opponent then armors, wastes a bar and you take your turn back.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
The fact that you can armor his cancels means you have to hit confirm them. If you do a string and the opponent blocks, you do a PCC into a block. The opponent then armors, wastes a bar and you take your turn back.
Yup that's how your mean't to play him to bait stuff out. But if they don't have a bar then chip away or cancel into grab or low lazer mixup

JDM

Noob
So why haven't you won anything with HQT then if you think he's cancels are so great. All his cancels are armour-able apart from S4, some are even back-dash-able.
One thing you need to realise is there are several ways to play the character and not everyone wants to play him the way YOU think he should be played. Its literally an up-hill struggle for predator against any heavy offensive character.
Ye i know it's just your opinion but your opinions have been ridiculous and scary recently. Thank goodness your not a staff member at NRS.
Wtf why are you attacking this guy for his opinions? get a grip.

And your bullshit about "there are several ways to play a character blah blah" is exactly what he's trying to circumvent. His changes would make HQT the premiere zoning variation instead of being the best at everything predator can do. Which I understand but I don't think nerfing the cancels should be the way to do it.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Wtf why are you attacking this guy for his opinions? get a grip.

And your bullshit about "there are several ways to play a character blah blah" is exactly what he's trying to circumvent. His changes would make HQT the premiere zoning variation instead of being the best at everything predator can do. Which I understand but I don't think nerfing the cancels should be the way to do it.
So what does HQT do that the other variations have but he does better? HQT can zone and has an ok offensive in my opinion that is nothing like the other 2 variations so what are you talking about?

Isn't that the point then? If you tone down the cancels plus frames, Predator can still make just about anything he does safe on block. Not only that but he still has the ability to cancel whatever he wants into the low laser. He just can't "Roll face" and jail into multiple block strings for continued mix ups. Which, if this patch is done right (if only)no one else will do either.

HQT is a Zoning variation. If you want to rush down against opponents like Quan, Takeda etc isn't that what Warrior is for?

JDM

Noob
HQT has a better neutral game, pressure game, zoning game, mixup game all while being more safe than his other variations.

JDM

Noob
Isn't that the point then? If you tone down the cancels plus frames, Predator can still make just about anything he does safe on block. Not only that but he still has the ability to cancel whatever he wants into the low laser. He just can't "Roll face" and jail into multiple block strings for continued mix ups. Which, if this patch is done right (if only)no one else will do either.

HQT is a Zoning variation. If you want to rush down against opponents like Quan, Takeda etc isn't that what Warrior is for?
Let's be real Warrior is shit. Hunter has its gimmicks but it's not as solid as HQT in any way. I don't think nerfing his one solid variation is worth it to make his two meh ones slightly better.

HateMe!

Noob
HQT can zone and has offensive options, when Hunter only has trap setups/gimmicks, and Warrior has jack shit. Warrior should have cancels that would allow him to mix things up and get +frames, not HQT.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Let's be real Warrior is shit.
Warrior isn't that bad really. EX-BF1 is a great wakeup and reversal, while normal BF1 is only -4 to make everything safe. You can also do all sorts of gimmicky pressure if you're into that kind of thing.
Sonicfox's Fox it up video on Predator also has some cool Warrior things in it.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular

I don't understand was that a response to what i said? or are you just talking cuz you know there's a reply button right?
So you want johnny cage, lui kang and d,vora to be the only real cancel characters in the game? (majority plus cancels) I really don't see a problem with his cancels and i don't even play the character i am just a sympathiser for pred players and the character because i don't see a lot of pred's at all. Making something that wasn't really an issue worse than it is makes no sense to me. When was the last time pred did well in a tournament. If there were 5 pred's making top 8's like tanya days then i'd understand but the character isn't that great and you wanna make him worse?? mind boggling. A lot of the things your saying are good with him are good on paper but don't always translate in a game scenario.

JDM

Noob
Warrior isn't that bad really. EX-BF1 is a great wakeup and reversal, while normal BF1 is only -4 to make everything safe. You can also do all sorts of gimmicky pressure if you're into that kind of thing.
Sonicfox's Fox it up video on Predator also has some cool Warrior things in it.
i watched it and subsequently tried to pick it up after. It has no substance. No pressure. It has a corner vortex that you get out of after a single block that you need meter to make the overhead option scary.

Predator's normals walkspeed and frame data... just doesn't fit the rushdown style like that. It doesn't work. There are so many characters way better at applying pressure and mixing people up. There's literally no reason to play that variation other than doing the big damage combos. If you want a better armor attack pick another character cause you're just gimping yourself .

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
JDM, Good Dragon, could you take this domestic dispute to the PMs? The entire thread is being derailed here.

You know that Destroyer won DTN with HOT right? Maybe you and the other people that are complaining are just really really bad and you need a good character to carry you.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
You know that Destroyer won DTN with HOT right? Maybe you and the other people that are complaining are just really really bad and you need a good character to carry you.
I guess you didn't read the part when i said i don't play him i am just a predator sympathiser...
and didn't he use alien as well?

So 1 HQT main since the games been out haha ye that's so O.P
no wonder HQT is top 10 on the tier list :DOGE

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Maybe or maybe just maybe the suggestions being made aren't gonna help the character if his cancels aren't the issue. Maybe you need to stop assuming - maybe these things will happen

I guess you didn't read the part when i said i don't play him i am just a predator sympathiser...
and didn't he use alien as well?

So 1 HQT main since the games been out haha ye that's so O.P
no wonder HQT is top 10 on the tier list :DOGE
Did he win with HQT yes or no?

Yeah I Def didn't b/c just reading 1 post from u gave me just as much cancer I got from watching the debate the other night.

Confirmed bad player.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Did he win with HQT yes or no?

Yeah I Def didn't b/c just reading 1 post from u gave me just as much cancer I got from watching the debate the other night.

Confirmed bad player.
Still assuming i see. Let me guess your american? Cuz that would explain a lot. Anyway if you think im so bad even though you've never played me why don't we take this to the underworld forum for a friendly challenge to see who the real confirmed bad player is? Please accept it will be a fun challenge for you to put your money where your mouth is no?

As compensation for the increase in his Zoning Tools. Predator needs more representation, not HQT alone.

If they buff (carefully) the close up game of Warrior or even some of Predator's core strings then he doesn't lose much by having his cancel advantage reduced. Rather than 1 Variation that does it all which defeats the purpose of the System itself. You have a variation that excels at zoning then one for Rush Down. Then you have Predator for the trapa and whatnot.

Zoning characters imo shouldn't excel at both keep out and up close, in this case you are already keeping up with Predator potentially cancelling into low projectiles, or a block to bait your armor. Having that meta in addition to plus frames off of the PCC is a bit silly imo.

I'm not suggesting he lose cancel advantage and get nothing in return.