What's new

Question - Predator Final Patch?! - What should be changed?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ah ok, I was under the impression that in order to beat out any armored wakeup like his exScimitar you had to use an armored move yourself, but are you guys saying even without an ex move you can beat out his exScimitar? Like a fast string or something?
Also things like Jason's B1,2,2 (In all variations.) can break it as well. And stuff of that nature...it's pretty bad

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The only thing I think he really needs is something in warrior, like the ability to self destruct whenever by inputing the same motion of db4. That would clear up the randomness of it.

Untiered

Canary
I would hope S3 to be changed to a mid so I can actually use some of my HQT plus frames.
Honestly would not mind for F4 to have reasonable plus frames as the rest of the big leg normals. Since it is decently quick, adding a minimum of 6 frames to the move doesn't seem bad for more plus frames.

IASD could use a reduced amount of recovery frames. Little to zero difference in recovery of grounded compared to airborne.

Last edited:
I would hope S3 to be changed to a mid so I can actually use some of my HQT plus frames.
Honestly would not mind for F4 to have reasonable plus frames as the rest of the big leg normals. Since it is decently quick, adding a minimum of 6 frames to the move doesn't seem bad for more plus frames.

IASD could use a reduced amount of recovery frames. Little to zero difference in recovery of grounded compared to airborne.
3 being a mid would be too good, no?

3 was a mid before, btw.
Of course I know that. :p It's so weird visually when people neutral crouch it because of that.

Taking all of his other tools into consideration it does strike me as too much making it a mid. Doesn't that allow for overpowered pressure with his HQT canceling? Right now you have to cancel into pokes or 21 to condition the opponent not to just mash d1. If 3 is a mid once again it seems to me there's little use of 21, and that his pressure will be rather effortless.

I mean look at what Destroyer can accomplish with him now. With 3 being a mid things would change dramatically, no? Does he really need that buff?

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I feel like Pred will always be hard to balance because HQT is perfectly competitive as it is now, while hunter and warrior struggle with mostly losing matchups and little to no winning matchups. If you buff EX scimitar stab so that Hunter can actually wake up, you run the risk of making HQT crazy. I think if any universal changes are made, they need to be something small. Make f1 7 frames, make s2 11 frames, f4 a bit more plus, give him some sort of reliable anti-air etc. Other than that they need to focus on hunter and warrior specifically to make them viable. Give Hunter just some sort of defensive options. As of now this character has 0 wakeup capability, 0 reliable anti airs, 0 fast mids, and a horrible backdash/walkspeed. His medi-kit could be also be looked at to give him more durability. Warrior has some of the same problems being that base Predator is complete ass, but his main weakness is lack of neutral. Predator was obviously designed to be a neutral controlling character and does that decently with plasma shots, smart discs, traps etc but warrior doesn't get that luxury so he has to spend the whole game trying to get in and go for his mediocre mixups. His self destruct could also use a few less recovery frames, but I also like other people's ideas of making it run cancelable (possibly just a few frames less plus than plasma cancels) or allow you to detonate whenever you want. The armor break mindgames would be awesome. NRS, I hope you do the right thing, I'm gonna be disappointed if I don't see anything under pred's name in the patch notes.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
give him faster walk speed, make low laser -6, add a few more + frames to some of his cancels again.

as for hunter and warrior im not sure what they could do to buff, maybe in hunter make the startup of meterless detonate a bit faster?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Honestly all HQT really needs is for plasma barrage to be armored.

You'll are crazy for asking for two hits of armor on his scimitar stab.

The move already lunges 3/4 screen and blows up projectiles in this game as is and it has one hit of armor throughout the move regardless of where he gets hit during the animation.

For it to have 2 hits of armor would be unfair considering it also leads into full combos.

An alternative would be to make stab have somewhat reduced range but faster armor.

How
Hell no. You want armor? pick up warrior. Slightly increase the recovery on his lasers and decrease the hitbox on them so you can actually jump in on him if he fires the straight one from a bad distance (this is fair). Buff Warrior the variation is garbage.
How is it fair to straight up nerf a character that is by no means top tier? Predator sees little use post nerf, with only one player being considerably successful with him in high level play, yet you want only nerfs for him ...

NRS needs to learn approach the "balancing" differently this time around. Make smaller adjustments to the top, leave high-tier characters (HQT Pred) alone and buff the lower part of the spectrum a bit. Previously they've just been throwing tiers around. This is most likely the last patch, so they need to get it right this time. And that is not achieved by nerfing legit characters like HQT (without giving them something else in return; but even doing that would be foolish if you're aiming for perfecting balance).

The move already lunges 3/4 screen and blows up projectiles in this game as is and it has one hit of armor throughout the move regardless of where he gets hit during the animation.

For it to have 2 hits of armor would be unfair considering it also leads into full combos.

An alternative would be to make stab have somewhat reduced range but faster armor.
Fast startup, multi hitting, safe on block armored move? Come on ...

jokey77

Character Loyalist

dude, this is way more of a buff than double-armor on ex-scimitar... rofl...

having armor on a safe special that is neutral on block would be broken. ex-plasma would become the answer for everything...

it is so frustrating that people don't understand how little of a change double-armor on ex-scimitar would be...

Last edited: