What's new

Question - Predator Final Patch?! - What should be changed?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Lol this is the same deal with the Unstoppable goons.

Sonic told the story in that video. Why is he bad, with everything in mind? Explain or get out
Unstoppable is put on A+ tier by Sonic and REO themselves. Nobody in the world has ever said Warrior is "hella good" (oh and by hella good do you mean at least the same tier as Unstoppable or A tier?). Scar tried Warrior for like 2s and he said this variation is trash. REO put Warrior in B tier. Those are top players' opinion
My perspective after playing Warrior offline for 1 week: his footsie are under average, his damage looks good but he need soooooooooooooo many gimmicks/unsafe to open people up, and if you subtract 10% self damage, suddenly his damage is just mediocre. Zoners shit on him (the best walk speed in the game with no teleport or anti zoning tool, wow). Very meter dependent but meter building isn't good enough to make up for it. And finally in some matchups, opponents can run away from him to make Warrior blow himself up for free 10% damage.
About Sonic video, if you listen more carefully about Warrior part, you should realize he didn't really imply "warrior being good" the same way as he truly said Unstoppable being good
fuck my internet connection, and don't put me in the same sentence with s**l***t, that's offensive to me

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
Unstoppable is put on A+ tier by Sonic and REO themselves. Nobody in the world has ever said Warrior is "hella good" (oh and by hella good do you mean at least the same tier as Unstoppable or A tier?). Scar tried Warrior for like 2s and he said this variation is trash. REO put Warrior in B- tier. Those are top players' opinion
My perspective after playing Warrior offline for 1 week: his footsie are under average, his damage looks good but he need soooooooooooooo many gimmicks/unsafe to open people up, and if you subtract 10% self damage, suddenly his damage is just mediocre. Zoners shit on him (the best walk speed in the game with no teleport or anti zoning tool, wow). Very meter dependent but meter building isn't good enough to make up for it. And finally in some matchups, opponents can run away from him to make Warrior blow himself up for free 10% damage.
About Sonic video, if you listen more carefully about Warrior part, you should realize he didn't really imply "warrior being good" the same way as he truly said Unstoppable being good
fuck my internet connection
You still didn't tell me why he's bad. Telling me where Reo put him on the tier list means nothing to me. I'm at the point where flaunting someone's name does nothing for me. Does Wound putting Shinnok in C tier, mean that he's C tier? I mean he's the best Shinnok on the planet, he knows more about Shinnok than Reo does about Warrior.

Lets see what he gets in this variation.

A sub 20 frame overhead that is as safe as Alien's overhead flip and can be enhanced to launch, but is unsafe. This obviously gives him some extra mix up potential. Launching 50/50 boys.

He gains dread slam. Basically Reptile's klaw on steroids. It's 13 frames. The EX version is armored and launches. It also gives Predator a phenomenal anti air if he has meter. I mean watch Flocko vs Destroyer from Pig's stream last night. Predator's anti airs blow. This really helps him.

Of course it gives him a fast armored launcher as well. That's great for him.

The regular version is -4 and leaves no gap when you cancel strings into it. It also leaves the opportunity for armor traps with the EX version of it, similar to what Reptile plays do with the klaw. It's just better because it's faster and less minus.

He gets the self detonate which gives him a true 33/33/33 launcher once set up, with the low being safe.

Seems pretty good to me, especially versus characters who are rush down heavy. Especially a character like Tarkatan Alien that's not going to try to zone Predator out, breaks the shit out of HQT's armor, and has his rekkas option selected by EX dread slam.

Sure he lacks walk speed that could help a rushdown variation. Outside of that, idk. You tell me why he's bad.

Tweedy

Noob
Fuck around in practice mode with dread slam on block.

B22 xx dread slam

32 xx dread slam

21 xx dread slam

F212 xx dread slam

122 xx dread slam

Those strings can either be staggered or contain staggers. When you have a safe special that can be cancelled into with no gap, i'll say this slowly for the Predator community, those staggers become better.

Fuck around in practice mode with dread slam on block.

B22 xx dread slam

32 xx dread slam

21 xx dread slam

F212 xx dread slam

122 xx dread slam

Those strings can either be staggered or contain staggers. When you have a safe special that can be cancelled into with no gap, i'll say this slowly for the Predator community, those staggers become better.
I can't tell if your trolling or not.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
You still didn't tell me why he's bad
So all the weaknesses I pointed out wasn't enough to explain why he's bad?
A sub 20 frame overhead that is as safe as Alien's overhead flip and can be enhanced to launch, but is unsafe. This obviously gives him some extra mix up potential. Launching 50/50 boys.
That's all he can do: mixup. But let's talk about risk reward here dude. He got like 33% percent out of that amazing OH starter which burns one hard-to-build bar. If he wants to setup self destruct then his combo gets under 30% damage. 2 bar combos are not advised on him.
He's bad because he has 4-6 and 3-7 matchups EVERYWHERE. The best matchups he has are probably some worst variations in the game, a few 6-4 and that's it
B22 xx dread slam

32 xx dread slam: 32 has 27f recovery
21 xx dread slam: 21 has 25f recovery
F212 xx dread slam: F121 is punishable and has 33f recovery, so he always have to commit to dread slam
122 xx dread slam: 19f recovery, the only real stagger string here because 122 is 0 on block, unfortunately it comes from a 10f high, like his 10f high is an amazing footsie tool.....

If he dread slam, he loses turn. Stagger strings require good recovery of normals and being close to 0 on block. "being slightly minus" isn't enough to make a good string to stagger. Only people with shit reaction got caught with his "stagger"
And seriously, if people run away or tech throw and run away, or block his mixup, he loses 10% health for like 4% chip. The optimal way to open people up is his throw which leads to 35% meterless percent midscreen off or 40% 1 bar with 10% life loss.
And one of his issues is his corner combos are very inconsistent

Poshib

The Artman
The problem with Warrior isn't that it's bad. The problem is that it isn't nearly as good as HQT. HQT has:

- Zoning
- Better pressure
- Better damage
- Better confirms
- Better mixup potential
- Better meter building
- Safer Armor breaking potential

Even though Warrior has the armor wakeup and his grab becoming a launcher with the Self Destruct, it still isn't enough to ever pick Warrior over HQT in my opinion.

Tweedy

Noob
So all the weaknesses I pointed out wasn't enough to explain why he's bad?

That's all he can do: mixup. But let's talk about risk reward here dude. He got like 33% percent out of that amazing OH starter which burns one hard-to-build bar. If he wants to setup self destruct then his combo gets under 30% damage. 2 bar combos are not advised on him.
He's bad because he has 4-6 and 3-7 matchups EVERYWHERE. The best matchups he has are probably some worst variations in the game, a few 6-4 and that's it

If he dread slam, he loses turn. Stagger strings require good recovery of normals and being close to 0 on block. "being slightly minus" isn't enough to make a good string to stagger. Only people with shit reaction got caught with his "stagger"
And seriously, if people run away or tech throw and run away, or block his mixup, he loses 10% health for like 4% chip. The optimal way to open people up is his throw which leads to 35% meterless percent midscreen off or 40% 1 bar with 10% life loss.
And one of his issues is his corner combos are very inconsistent
risk/reward is fine, do his low into dread slam, confirm it with EX dread slam or EX bf4, then start doing overheads, throw some grabs in there

I don't see why only people with shit reactions would fall for 21, 122, F21, 32

Tweedy

Noob
Also, what's the deal with you knowing that he has all these 4-6s and 3-7s.

I highly doubt you've tried to make him work and played high level sets with him. lol, you can't say any mu number for sure

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
risk/reward is fine, do his low into dread slam, confirm it with EX dread slam or EX bf4, then start doing overheads, throw some grabs in there

I don't see why only people with shit reactions would fall for 21, 122, F21, 32
21 and 122 are both 0 on block so he can d3 check, but he doesn't get much from them. His OH is somewhat fuzzyable or reactable, depending on how good the player's execution is. The frame data says it has 18f startup, but you need to do instant air OH, it takes some frames (someone said 4 or 5f in a thread, I can't test exactly) to jump which makes the OH a bit slower. The huge different in startup between his low and his instant air OH makes it fuzzyable in some cases, just like Jin's B1 and 19f F2. Throws are easier to tech also hurts him
I can prove in many Kitana's 5-5 matchups, Warrior usually does worse, but Warrior can't have as many winning or even matchups as Kitana, a B tier character

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Also, what's the deal with you knowing that he has all these 4-6s and 3-7s.

I highly doubt you've tried to make him work and played high level sets with him. lol, you can't say any mu number for sure
I do play offline sets with whom I believe high level, not top players in the world but high level, and struggle. Do you even LEARN this variations? Why are you talking about him?

Tweedy

Noob
I do play offline sets with whom I believe high level, not top players in the world but high level, and struggle. Do you even LEARN this variations? Why are you talking about him?
Look at what I just posted. I explained in detail why dread slam is such a good move, and that self detonate grants him a 33/33/33. You're the one posting fraudulent match up numbers and acting like people can easily react to good staggers, not me. Why would you ask me if I "LEARN this variations".

I'm actually bothered enough by you being such a hypocrite in your last post, to ask you for a set. You post some of the dumbest stuff on this site and I actually want to see if I've always just been wasting my time, with someone who doesn't understand the game.

My PSN is EXiLE_Tweedy, feel free to hit me up for games any time.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Look at what I just posted. I explained in detail why dread slam is such a good move, and that self detonate grants him a 33/33/33. You're the one posting fraudulent match up numbers and acting like people can easily react to good staggers, not me
Did I deny dream slam isn't good? Did you really get what I meant? And I'm sorry tools don't make tier list placement, matchup chart does. Keep your biased opinion, go put him in the same tier as Unstoppable or your downplayed Tarkatan Alien, but don't spread cancer by telling people how you think about these characters. Thanks. I'm out

Skedar70

Noob
Look at what I just posted. I explained in detail why dread slam is such a good move, and that self detonate grants him a 33/33/33. You're the one posting fraudulent match up numbers and acting like people can easily react to good staggers, not me. Why would you ask me if I "LEARN this variations".

I'm actually bothered enough by you being such a hypocrite in your last post, to ask you for a set. You post some of the dumbest stuff on this site and I actually want to see if I've always just been wasting my time, with someone who doesn't understand the game.

My PSN is EXiLE_Tweedy, feel free to hit me up for games any time.
Ok the self destruct setup is good in the corner because your opponent has to hold the 33/33/33 and you can loop it again, however mid screen its not because you are not left near the opponent when you set it up so you have to get in and you are timed so your opponent can run away while you explode and lose 10% life.

The stagger strings you mentioned aren't that good because you are left significantly minus and its easy for the opponent to react and poke out before your delayed dread slam comes out. If you don't delay it and directly cancel into it from a string its so fast that the opponent just keeps blocking without hesitation and you are negative so you give up your turn. So his stagger pressure isn't that good and this in part hurts his meter building. Sure you can try to armor trap but this is nothing that he does better than any other character.

Warrior is kind of good up close with the instant OH and low mixups (and self desctruct if you are able to get it up near the opponent), however getting in, staying in and meter building hurt him really bad.

Tweedy

Noob
Did I deny dream slam isn't good? Did you really get what I meant? And I'm sorry tools don't make tier list placement, matchup chart does. Keep your biased opinion, go put him in the same tier as Unstoppable or your downplayed Tarkatan Alien, but don't spread cancer by telling people how you think about these characters. Thanks. I'm out
Where have I downplayed Tarkatan Alien? I know that's a common troll meme around here. You'll never provide a quote of me actually downplaying, though.

The whole point about me putting him in the same tier as Unstoppable Jason is something that you said. I never said that. Go ahead and quote me on that as well.

You're probably horrible at the game and you've never put in enough work to call any MU number on this character.

You're right, tools don't make tier list placements. So instead of being one, go actually grind with the character and learn match ups.

His walk speed is very very bad, his hurtbox is very very big, and his armor is very very slow.
EX Scimitar is slow af. Can be broken by a lot of stuff and if it's blocked you eat a whole combo.
Ah ok, I was under the impression that in order to beat out any armored wakeup like his exScimitar you had to use an armored move yourself, but are you guys saying even without an ex move you can beat out his exScimitar? Like a fast string or something?

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Ah ok, I was under the impression that in order to beat out any armored wakeup like his exScimitar you had to use an armored move yourself, but are you guys saying even without an ex move you can beat out his exScimitar? Like a fast string or something?
Liu Kang b1 will armor break by itself for instance, and then go into a full combo because somebody had the gall to attempt armoring.