What's new

Question - Predator Final Patch?! - What should be changed?

Skedar70

Noob
I am confused as to why everyone thinks Warrior isn't viable, character is nuts.
Naaa he sucks. Heavy dependent on meter and no way of building it. His overhead hit is easily stuffed. Getting a hit with self destruct and enough meter to do good damage is hard. No pressure.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I mean maybe he does but I kinda look at him as another high tech Jacqui. They look absolutely insane in the lab but it's hard to implement that stuff in a real match. And honestly warrior isn't fun for me personally.
I can see where you're coming from in that aspect but in my opinion he's just EXTREMELY high skill cap. He is probably one of the hardest characters in game simply because of how much patience the guy takes.

Thats why this thread should be about warrior and not his other variations which are fine.
I mean most of the stuff I mentioned aren't variation specific. Also so it's "fine" for him to get knocked down and then not get to play again for the rest of the round? K.

Skedar70

Noob
I mean most of the stuff I mentioned aren't variation specific. Also so it's "fine" for him to get knocked down and then not get to play again for the rest of the round? K.
Bf1 from warrior is fast and can't be easily stuffed. Hish q ten has that weakness because of how good he can be to keep you out. Makes him fair.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Iv actually been slowly going back to Hunter these last few days. He is such a blast to play. He makes cool ass noises, the black mask is baller ask fuck, he has the best brutal in the game. He does get raped by some characters like Cage, and similar to my other soul mate, D'Vorah but it's whatever.
I need to play him more to find out what I want, but he is a different Predator from the Hunter I remember. He has been abused by Paulo a little too much imo.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Naaa he sucks. Heavy dependent on meter and no way of building it. His overhead hit is easily stuffed. Getting a hit with self destruct and enough meter to do good damage is hard. No pressure.
How is an instant air unreactable overhead easily stuffed? Also, he's not THAT meter dependent, and besides he builds it quickly with canceling BF 1 on block, which is safe and builds him good meter and as long as you get the enemy on that disk in a juggle state, you get a free self destruct which means you either run up, grab them or just start your pressure with self destruct on block which the plus frames of is actually in the 100's. In the corner you just constantly loop that shit all day and when you have a bar you add an overhead to the low/grab mixup. The only problem is, the character needs to play patiently and needs to make a read or two.

7f d1 and he's fine. HQT is viable and has a lot of good matchups. We should be fixing Warrior and Hunter
His d3 is 7 frames and more hit advantage so that wouldn't be a buff. 6f d1 would. Also I don't mean to sound salty or irrational. I just get frustrated that he's literally received like 20-30 nerfs (HQT) over the games life and I'm tired of it when there's way more bs in this game.

Skedar70

Noob
How is an instant air unreactable overhead easily stuffed? Also, he's not THAT meter dependent, and besides he builds it quickly with canceling BF 1 on block, which is safe and builds him good meter and as long as you get the enemy on that disk in a juggle state, you get a free self destruct which means you either run up, grab them or just start your pressure with self destruct on block which the plus frames of is actually in the 100's. In the corner you just constantly loop that shit all day and when you have a bar you add an overhead to the low/grab mixup. The only problem is, the character needs to play patiently and needs to make a read or two.
I play it. I agree with everything you said except the meter building. Bf1 is negative and you automatically give up your turn and stop building meter it doesn't give you that much meter either. Also, the overhead is only good at point blank if you use it at a distance to try to get in its garbage and it gets easily stuffed. I have never encountered someone doing good with warrior.

I play it. I agree with everything you said except the meter building. Bf1 is negative and you automatically give up your turn and stop building meter it doesn't give you that much meter either. Also, the overhead is only good at point blank if you use it at a distance to try to get in its garbage and it gets easily stuffed. I have never encountered someone doing good with warrior.
Sonic Fox has a good Warrior but he wouldn't use him in tournament.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
His d3 is 7 frames and more hit advantage so that wouldn't be a buff. 6f d1 would. Also I don't mean to sound salty or irrational. I just get frustrated that he's literally received like 20-30 nerfs (HQT) over the games life and I'm tired of it when there's way more bs in this game.
I actually meant to write 6f d1 but messed up my keyboard :confused: I hope NRS will do good in next patch, when many top tier broken bs are tone down he will be fine against everyone

i'd say no laser nerfs, its not THAT bad...unless you play kitana or kotal, and im sorry but nerfing the character for the sake of one or 2 other characters is bad. that being said i like the double armor on scimitar slam :D
Totally agree about the lasers. Remember Kobu Tanya and how ridiculous her pressure was? Yeah that took that away and now she's booty cheeks. Same thing will happen to predator if they touch the lasers.

Poshib

The Artman
I think Warrior would be good if he had some plus strings or moves that he could use to pressure and build meter. Also, faster walk speed would be a huge help. Since Warrior is suppose to be a scrapper, he needs to be able to move.

Imagine being able to back step a d1 and whiff punishing with bf1. Also, Predator's backdash needs to be adjusted. That shit takes to long to recover.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't want to post a ton here and look greedy and needy, but here is what I perceive to be Predator's issue on a larger scale:

The variation system doesn't do its job. Even though his other variations may not be "bad", HQT covers basically all of Predator's bases to the best of Predator's abilities. Like his other variations aren't really gonna do anything for the Cage, Liu Kang, and D'Vorah types of matchups. If all three of them were "good", and the Predator main learned all 3 variations and was able to switch depending on the matchup, that would be perfect. That's why characters like Kotal are so good. Not because "OMG War God is broke!", it's because for characters like Kotal, Quan, and Jacqui, the player can switch when necessary instead of having an extremely slanted MU chart with some extremely dominant matchups, and some abysmal matchups like Predator, Sub-Zero, etc...

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I play blood god. Why can I play after knock down but u can't? At least u have armor

MK_Al

Noob
I think im going crazy but i agree with double armor on ex stab.
You ARE going crazy :confused::D

EX scimitar is obviously built to armour through long range attacks and projectiles, and not to armour through close strings. However, I acknowledge that HQT has a hard time when being pressured, so he probably should have had an armour move (that does not launch for combo - just for the sake of turning the momentum) in the first place. If EX scimitar's armour gets buffed - and still launches, which would obviously be the case - then HQT's offence needs to be toned down to compensate.
However, maybe warrior or hunter are supposed to be the anti pressure variations