What's new

Final Opinions On MK9 (Grouped - No Order)

Anansi416

Tarkat Lead Cook
Looks super accurate. Sindel was fun to execute her levi cancels and pressure with back in the day. I never mained her but I did enjoy going in the lab with her and playing matches for hours landing her pressure in matches was always so satisfying. Kitana and Jax always felt like fundamentally sound and if you knew your stuff you got the job done. I miss those renditions of Kitana and Jax...super fun overall and hopefully MK1 delivers something close to as fun as those versions.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Looks super accurate. Sindel was fun to execute her levi cancels and pressure with back in the day. I never mained her but I did enjoy going in the lab with her and playing matches for hours landing her pressure in matches was always so satisfying. Kitana and Jax always felt like fundamentally sound and if you knew your stuff you got the job done. I miss those renditions of Kitana and Jax...super fun overall and hopefully MK1 delivers something close to as fun as those versions.
I agree. Kitana was amazing.

MK9 had tits, gore, amazing fatalities, my favorite roster including Cyber Sub, A SHITTON of free content, actually playable online even with shit netcode and a bunch of disbalanced characters who made me break my controller even though I had no idea Sonya was plus on every fucking move and you couldn't run at Kenshi/Freddy. Everytime I played a good Kabal I would lose because I played Liu Kang. Story mode was very well until the final chapter. Tag team was very underused and underplayed but we can all see why. The things i really hated were the trophies, I still have only one trophy to get the platinum and it's the one where you have to play every character for 24 hours, which I can't do and won't let my PS3 fry for two weeks completing this shit. Another thing was the player two bullshit where P2 wouldn't attack simply because P1 is the priority lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MK9 Human Smoke, Kenshi, KL and Cyrax were my favorite to play characters in all of the NRS games. With the pre nerf fireball canceling Scorpion from MKX being next, then Shinnok from MKX. Funny thing is I liked MK11 way more than MKX, MKX just had more fun characters to use/play as.

And I realize now that this has nothing really to do with the topic…

Easily the best modern MK game for me. Awesome roster, Great color pallet, Classic stages, Hidden moves-sets, Babalities, Creative combo’s, Tag-team battle, Stage fatalities, charts and so much more…

Remake comming soon?

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
OH something to keep in mind is this is not a tier list hahahah

I'll just copy/paste what I posted on twitter

My opinion for difficulty in playing each character at an elite level (in no order)

For context, if you gave a player with great fundamentals one day of practice per character, I believe they would be able to pilot the 3rd list much easier vs strong players.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I honestly miss MK9. I overall prefer MKX, but MK9 is I think the MK game I played the most, I was only 10 when it came out, and I played it religiously. It honestly changed my life. MK9 was just amazing, I REALLY hope they do a complete remake, same stages, same voice acting, same moves, etc., just more balanced and with better graphics. I wouldn't even be upset if they modernized the outfits and added in some of the ones from MKX/MK11/MK1.

A modern day MK9 could honestly I think be one of the best selling fighting games of all time, especially since now on PlayStation 4/5, you can't play MK9 at all. Just imagine it, MK9's roster and gameplay with updated Krypt, updated models/stages, improved netcode, removed weird bugs like Jax's kick combo and a more normalized Kabal/Cyrax? Oh, we're cookin with Crisco lol. I would probably start crying if hey ever announced it.

Edit: Oh, and imagine if it was treated like a typical release, like, they did the MK9 Remake and actually added on to it with additional DLC, stages, costumes, and stuff as time went on. Like, they had a "Newcomer" Pack with D'Vorah, Kotal, Erron, Takeda, etc.