What's new

Final Numbers Are In For EVO!

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yeah, you'd think with all that dough they drop going to Evo they could afford a bath or shower lol.
That's also when you know that you're at the point where your love for gaming has become a full-blown obsession that has taken control of your life, when even simple hygiene becomes an after-thought.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That's also when you know that you're at the point where your love for gaming has become a full-blown obsession that has taken control of your life, when even simple hygiene becomes an after-thought.
That's true. I let MK do that to me with my emotions, not my hygiene though lol. I mean I'll always shower, eat, sleep etc. When you miss those things, there's a problem lol.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
The reason MK is not popular in Japan is not really because it is banned… it is because it is not a Japanese game. Japanese people tend to go for their own titles for the most part with a few exceptions. Japanese titles have a very specific feel and unique aesthetic which US games don't have.

Go to an arcade or a gaming store over there and it is clearly evident that Japanese titles are the most popular. There are US titles available, but not as many.

This also goes for US Systems like Xbox too. Go in to a gaming store in Japan and there is only a tiny section with about 20 Xbox titles compared to the hundreds on PS ones (even the PS2 section is heaps bigger!).

It often works vice versa. Games like Dissidia - which is HUGE in arcades there with whole floors devoted to it, are seldom played in the US.

The cross over Japanese titles which sell well in the US market are often sequels of older titles. Sega and Nintendo were the only popular gaming systems in the mid 80’s for nearly 2 decades (and PS after it), so their influence was huge.

Ultimately, MK will never be popular there as it is not culturally relevant.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It's the most entrants for a NRS game at EVO to date, followed by the first year of MKX with 1100+ I believe. I wasn't expecting such an increase from the last EVO update.

It's impressive that Tekken 7 is the only game to not have lower entrants and only increases each year. People realizing how good it is and jumping on board.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
very nice !! hmm, NinjaKilla will not attend in Evo 2019 for MK11 .... but SonicFox will !!! so, SonicFox wil be the favorite to win this, unless Scar or Dragon put a hell of show, let's see ! :D
Interesting his name is not there. Well that sucks. Then for sure, those three are good candidates to take the whole thing. But I predict Sonic vs Dragon will Grand Finals.

xenogorgeous

Interesting his name is not there. Well that sucks. Then for sure, those three are good candidates to take the whole thing. But I predict Sonic vs Dragon will Grand Finals.
hey, Beez, are you scary of Justin Wong for SamSho ? he seems to play very well the game already !! :D

xenogorgeous

Hell yeah! Ive been watching his ass just takeover tournaments but he can be beat at his own game. So im learning and studying :)

But I find it really interesting he entered MK11!
yeah, he always does that for a new MK game , when the same is taking part of it first Evo debut , but NRS games is not his stuff, so, he more or less only take part for fun only, hehe .... he will be serious threat only in SFV and SamSho, so, be careful, my friend !! :D

Last edited:

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Apparently we got an update

Soooo Uncle JBeezY decided to look up the names of the players and what games they're entering. Found the link here. Lets discuss ;)

https://smash.gg/tournament/evo-2019/attendees
I think Sonicfox is probably the favorite to win for MK11, maybe Scar or Dragon will beat him. As for Soul Calibur my money would be on Linkorz, Keev, or Bluegod winning, they’re all ridiculously strong players right now.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think Sonicfox is probably the favorite to win for MK11, maybe Scar or Dragon will beat him. As for Soul Calibur my money would be on Linkorz, Keev, or Bluegod winning, they’re all ridiculously strong players right now.
If there’s one thing that’s consistent for our games (really every game, but definitely NRS) it’s that EVO can be surprising. Often whoever places or wins might not line up with the rest of the tournament season :)

MK11's numbers are crazy, the game is only growing and NRS just needs to support it. Samsho is just a great fighting game, and very unique in this market so i am happy for SNK. I am gonna all in and say that they will tease street fighter 6 and for mk11 "nightwolf is avaiibleee raight noww on your ps44 guyzzzzzzzz"

mastermalone

Use only logic, please