What's new

Guide - Nimble FINAL Full Reptile (Nimble) Guide

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Saw you getting 10-0'd by ninjakilla last night on his stream. Your struggle in the corner looked real. I was sitting right there too against him a few months ago. I think Onisama managed to pull 1 win (got 9-1'd).
Would you now agree that he requires a double hit armor or plus armor move?

I got beaten to death with different characters against him and eventually pulled off a few wins with Displacer Raiden (sparkported out for dear life and cut down his zoning a bit). KillerXinok's tremor can do that to a reptile too. The salt was real and was partly why Reptile became my non-main. lmao.
So you're taking your own experience and just one other player's experience against one very specific player who has proven to be at a god level on his own with no connection to character choice, and that's your basis to an entire MU let alone his entire viability? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Also, like I said, Reptile's EX Slide is a 3-hit armor move that goes full screen, so he doesn't need a 2 hit-armor move because he has something even better, that's the fastest Wakeup/Reversal in the whole game. If you can't pull that off that on Wakeup to get of the corner, that's on you.

Also Reptile DESTROYS Tremor from full screen, as Reptile has one of the best Zoning arsenals in the whole game, while at close range it's indeed a more even play-field, Tremor can't do almost anything against Reptile's Zoning from full screen, all you need to do is to take him full screen once and it's pretty much GG's. And even against Liu Kang in general, Reptile's Zoning can answer Liu Kang's Zoning, Ninja Killia in particular is on a level of his own, and Killer Xinox is also a very good player, and once again, that doesn't say anything about the Reptile or the MU. Reptile is a versatile jack-of-all trades, so you can't play all the MU's the same way, you have to play each MU properly, not go to close-range all the time.

Get your facts straight dude.

Last edited:

AbeW

Noob
So you're taking your own experience and just one other player's experience against one very specific player who has proven to be at a god level on his own with no connection to character choice, and that's your basis to an entire MU let alone his entire viability? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Also, like I said, Reptile's EX Slide is a 3-hit armor move that goes full screen, so he doesn't need a 2 hit-armor move because he has something even better, that's the fastest Wakeup/Reversal in the whole game. If you can't pull that off that on Wakeup to get of the corner, that's on you.

Also Reptile DESTROYS Tremor from full screen, as Reptile has one of the best Zoning arsenals in the whole game, while at close range it's indeed a more even play-field, Tremor can't do almost anything against Reptile's Zoning from full screen, all you need to do is to take him full screen once and it's pretty much GG's. And even against Liu Kang in general, Reptile's Zoning can answer Liu Kang's Zoning, Ninja Killia in particular is on a level of his own, and Killer Xinox is also a very good player, and once again, that doesn't say anything about the Reptile or the MU. Reptile is a versatile jack-of-all trades, so you can't play all the MU's the same way, you have to play each MU properly, not go to close-range all the time.

Get your facts straight dude.
As a character loyalist mostly, I would like to say that a character played at the highest level (between the 3 variations) should be able to go against another character played at the highest level with atleast some level of success, even if you lose a set of 10. Even 3 in a set of 10 would be ok. Ninjak plays Liu at the highest level. Onisama, Ilgenowski, myself to some extent can play reptile at a pretty high level. We all had the same fate (10-0). I carefully studied the matches and realized that a lot of it came down to oppressive corner play armor that's negative on block or not even neutral, in my case. IIgenowski agreed to the same. I'd be curious to hear from Onisama on it as well. Liu's frames are superior and there's not much a reptile player can do against a player at the level of ninjak with Liu.

And no, they can all bait out your ex slide and punish you all the way to china town. He cracks open your ex db4. No way in hell are you answering back Liu's Zoning with reptile when ninjakila has the controller. Maybe you play against scrubby lius. KillerXinok's crystalline tremor felt like hitting a brick wall too with zero breathing room. No, you're not zoning him out. If you're such a reptile expert, go play against him, come back and tell me how it feels. Like i said, my relatively scrubby Displacer pulled off a considerable number of wins against Ninjak's Kang. It is no easy feat to pull ANY WIN AT ALL against ninjak. Reptile, as a character has his weaknesses. Raiden does much better, much better frames, cuts down his zoning and any successful sparkport off a gap or fbc pressure results in him eating 32% meterless or way more with bar. Does much better against crystalline, grandmaster, etc. I can safely say that a good displacer Raiden has no bad matchups and is really god tier if you can handle his execution. I am not gonna argue this further with you. Feel free to be entitled to your opinion or your theoretical ideas. But before you do, fight Sikander's grandmaster, Xinok's tremor and ninjak's liu with your reptile. God bless.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

As a character loyalist mostly, I would like to say that a character played at the highest level (between the 3 variations) should be able to go against another character played at the highest level with atleast some level of success, even if you lose a set of 10. Even 3 in a set of 10 would be ok. Ninjak plays Liu at the highest level. Onisama, Ilgenowski, myself to some extent can play reptile at a pretty high level. We all had the same fate (10-0). I carefully studied the matches and realized that a lot of it came down to oppressive corner play armor that's negative on block or not even neutral, in my case. IIgenowski agreed to the same. I'd be curious to hear from Onisama on it as well. Liu's frames are superior and there's not much a reptile player can do against a player at the level of ninjak with Liu.

And no, they can all bait out your ex slide and punish you all the way to china town. He cracks open your ex db4. No way in hell are you answering back Liu's Zoning with reptile when ninjakila has the controller. Maybe you play against scrubby lius. KillerXinok's crystalline tremor felt like hitting a brick wall too with zero breathing room. No, you're not zoning him out. If you're such a reptile expert, go play against him, come back and tell me how it feels. Like i said, my relatively scrubby Displacer pulled off a considerable number of wins against Ninjak's Kang. It is no easy feat to pull ANY WIN AT ALL against ninjak. Reptile, as a character has his weaknesses. Raiden does much better, much better frames, cuts down his zoning and any successful sparkport off a gap or fbc pressure results in him eating 32% meterless or way more with bar. I can safely say that a good displacer Raiden has no bad matchups and is really god tier if you can handle his execution. I am not gonna argue this further with you. Feel free to be entitled to your opinion or your theoretical ideas.
First off, you said that you and the rest of the Reptile players you mentioned are playing on "pretty high level", that alone puts a red light in your whole argument. If you wanna make a comparison to high level players like Ninja and Killer Xinox, you need to actually compare it to other high level Reptile players like Happy Pow or Milky. And even then, I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna approve your argument, as Ninja has proven to be a super strong player so far.

Also, I can't play against Ninja or Xinox as I'm living in Israel and MKX on the PS4 is region locked, and even if it wasn't the distance would've been to big to play anyway. So I can't play against either of them even if I wanted to. However, while I'm surely not as strong as Happy Pow and Milky, I am a good player myself and when I've faced other Flame Fist Liu Kang and Crystalline Tremor players that are either on my level or a bit higher then me (and they weren't scrubs at all, they were very good), I managed to get at least a few wins even if I lost the whole set overall, and of course there were times I've won the full sets. Hell, I've managed to even get wins against characters that a TRULY hard for Reptile like Grandmaster Sub-Zero, Displacer Raiden (the same character that you managed to get some wins against Ninja's Liu Kang) and Impostor Shinnok (just like you could've seen in my ESL video from the other thread) from other very good players, and of course win full sets (again with the video), and I know I've could've won even more if I was more experienced and/or didn't do too many mistakes, it was my lack of experience as a player in general that led me to my losses, not Reptile himself, I knew Reptile was good in MKX right from the get go. And yes, he does have a couple of weaknesses, but every character in MKX has them, including Liu Kang and Tremor, and I can tell you from experience in real matches against some very good Tremor players that Reptile dominates Tremor from full screen. Tremor is sure as hell not a hard MU for Reptile at all, and Liu Kang is also pretty even. All of your loses were either because those particular players (Ninja and Xinox) are just too good, or your own lack of experience, or both.

Also regarding the EX Slide, yes it's unsafe on block, but if the problem here is that you get baited to use the EX Slide and punish you on block for that, that's on you. You need to know when to use the EX Slide. Same thing with EX Klaw Pounce. You need to know when to use it so he won't break your armor. EX Slide is super fast on Startup (6 frames) and has 3 hits of armor, and EX Klaw Pounce is very safe on block (as well as the regular version), neither move need any buffs whatsoever. Once again, that's on you.

I think you really need to take things under the right proportions dude, Reptile is good against Flame Fist Liu Kang, and even better against Crystalline Tremor. That will be my last comment to you as well.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Saw you getting 10-0'd by ninjakilla last night on his stream. Your struggle in the corner looked real. I was sitting right there too against him a few months ago. I think Onisama managed to pull 1 win (got 9-1'd).
Would you now agree that he requires a double hit armor or plus armor move?

I got beaten to death with different characters against him and eventually pulled off a few wins with Displacer Raiden (sparkported out for dear life and cut down his zoning a bit). KillerXinok's tremor can do that to a reptile too. The salt was real and was partly why Reptile became my non-main. lmao.
the full set score was 15-6. And his armor is good as shit im not gonna continue to argue lol. Not to mention bringing up set scores, actually, FALSE set scores, as an argument is kind of pathetic

AbeW

Noob
the full set score was 15-6. And his armor is good as shit im not gonna continue to argue lol. Not to mention bringing up set scores, actually, FALSE set scores, as an argument is kind of pathetic
Right right, after he hit 10 and you couldn't get nada , we quit watching. 100-6, 200-8, etc doesn't matter lol. Pathetic indeed

Last edited:

AbeW

Noob
First off, you said that you and the rest of the Reptile players you mentioned are playing on "pretty high level", that alone puts a red light in your whole argument. If you wanna make a comparison to high level players like Ninja and Killer Xinox, you need to actually compare it to other high level Reptile players like Happy Pow or Milky. And even then, I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna approve your argument, as Ninja has proven to be a super strong player so far.

Also, I can't play against Ninja or Xinox as I'm living in Israel and MKX on the PS4 is region locked, and even if it wasn't the distance would've been to big to play anyway. So I can't play against either of them even if I wanted to. However, while I'm surely not as strong as Happy Pow and Milky, I am a good player myself and when I've faced other Flame Fist Liu Kang and Crystalline Tremor players that are either on my level or a bit higher then me (and they weren't scrubs at all, they were very good), I managed to get at least a few wins even if I lost the whole set overall, and of course there were times I've won the full sets. Hell, I've managed to even get wins against characters that a TRULY hard for Reptile like Grandmaster Sub-Zero, Displacer Raiden (the same character that you managed to get some wins against Ninja's Liu Kang) and Impostor Shinnok (just like you could've seen in my ESL video from the other thread) from other very good players, and of course win full sets (again with the video), and I know I've could've won even more if I was more experienced and/or didn't do too many mistakes, it was my lack of experience as a player in general that led me to my losses, not Reptile himself, I knew Reptile was good in MKX right from the get go. And yes, he does have a couple of weaknesses, but every character in MKX has them, including Liu Kang and Tremor, and I can tell you from experience in real matches against some very good Tremor players that Reptile dominates Tremor from full screen. Tremor is sure as hell not a hard MU for Reptile at all, and Liu Kang is also pretty even. All of your loses were either because those particular players (Ninja and Xinox) are just too good, or your own lack of experience, or both.

Also regarding the EX Slide, yes it's unsafe on block, but if the problem here is that you get baited to use the EX Slide and punish you on block for that, that's on you. You need to know when to use the EX Slide. Same thing with EX Klaw Pounce. You need to know when to use it so he won't break your armor. EX Slide is super fast on Startup (6 frames) and has 3 hits of armor, and EX Klaw Pounce is very safe on block (as well as the regular version), neither move need any buffs whatsoever. Once again, that's on you.

I think you really need to take things under the right proportions dude, Reptile is good against Flame Fist Liu Kang, and even better against Crystalline Tremor. That will be my last comment to you as well.
Onisama beat happypow in a reptile mirror. For a special olympics reptile like the one that you have, you indeed do a lot of talking. Lol. Write another 3 paragraphs of gibberish. Go...

Roy Arkon

Onisama beat happypow in a reptile mirror. For a special olympics reptile like the one that you have, you indeed do a lot of talking. Lol. Write another 3 paragraphs of gibberish. Go...
So you come here and say that you don't wanna argue anymore and I can be entitled to my opinion after 2 long paragraphs of you, only to come here once again not only to keep the same disrespect that you started with the "special Olympics" bullsiht and accusing me of writing to much, but also to disrespect D7X and ignore, avoiding and denying everything that both me and him said to you, except just one point that I brought up (the high level player point) when even that counter of yours to that point doesn't say much, and now you me to argue with you even more, and you expect me to take that seriously?

All of this shit talk shows that you're nothing but a typical troll who just want so desperately to prove that he's better and smarter then anybody else. I guess that the Ninja Killa hype has had another case of a human-turned-troll situation. Or perhaps it's just another result of the TYM effect, sadly.

Keep your shit talk to yourself, I don't need it. You're going straight to the ignore list.

Last edited:

AbeW

Noob
So you come here and say that you don't wanna argue anymore and I can be entitled to my opinion after 2 long paragraphs of you, only to come here once again not only to keep the same disrespect that you started with the "special Olympics" bullsiht and accusing me of writing to much, but also to disrespect D7X and ignore, avoiding and denying everything that both me and him said to you, except just one point that I brought up (the high level player point) when even that counter of yours to that point doesn't say much, and now you me to argue with you even more, and you expect me to take that seriously?

All of this shit talk shows that you're nothing but a typical troll who just want so desperately to prove that he's better and smarter then anybody else. I guess that the Ninja Killa hype has had another case of a human-turned-troll situation. Or perhaps it's just another result of the TYM effect, sadly.

Keep your shit talk to yourself, I don't need it. You're going straight to the ignore list.
I'd be glad to not see any post of yours. You add absolutely nothing of value except a long useless rant. (I prefer to see stuff from higher level players) And you shouldn't be able to see any post from me either. Go lil boy, go salvage that silly lil ego of yours that couldn't stand the truth shot. Adios

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Wow amazing, I'm a low level Reptile main but never used nimble until I started back labing on mkx (as mk11 is crap), trying my heart out doing the combos but the struggle is real, I can do the corner combos no bother & can do the corner carry combos from right to left but can i do them from left to right? Can I fuck! I do the slide & end up jumping like a lunatic for some reason. Anyway, class combos & footage, I'm gonna keep trying.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Has anyone fully explored the parry with Nimble?
Nimble Block
I’ve never seen that before but that’s cool. Can reptile block there because the green screen hasn’t fully activated yet?

I did explore a bit just now, and it honestly doesn’t seem very good. You can only block reversals that have a startup of 8 frames. Anything faster like Lao’s spin comes out before ex dd3 recovers, so reptile gets punished. Anything slower like Reptile’s regular slide will hit after you do f412 ex dd3 simply because Reptile can’t block while dd3 is active. In the case that your opponent does happen to have an 8f reversal, you’d have to read that they’re going to do exactly that move after you try this, because if they just push buttons, or armor or something else aside from the reversal, then you’re getting hit.
@Riot Frenzy

Last edited: