What's new

Match-up Discussion - Grandmaster Fighting new and improved Ronin Takeda

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
So, I'm having massive problems in this MU. Unfortunately, I don't have any match footage to show. But I'm free to his blade drop recall pressure. Now, according to frame data, it isn't even plus. But I can't find a window to poke out.

How do I go about neutral? I can't throw ice balls at full screen because of his reflect.

Long story short: This little shit is now a pain in the ass. Any suggestions to help me with this MU are most welcome. Ideally within 12 hours.

@YOMI DJT @Madzin @Tom Brady and anyone who can help.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
We're not the only ones with this issue. Apparently he has block string infinites on a few kast members. A 7f poke (SZ stand 1) or faster gets out, as well as a back dash mid screen. Would reversal ex statue work here?

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
His F12(2+4) catches backdashes. It's almost impossible to get the ice statue out because the window is either miniscule or non existent.

Why the hell did Takeda get the Bane treatment? He wasn't even that bad. Just under-explored. It was a struggle to beat someone I beat consistently when they play any other character.

To add to my miserable MU struggle, I got hit with a 60% damage combo to start off the match. Lovely.

Why does Ronin even have the F12(1+2) and whatever other strings where he uses those chains?

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
His F12(2+4) catches backdashes. It's almost impossible to get the ice statue out because the window is either miniscule or non existent.

Why the hell did Takeda get the Bane treatment? He wasn't even that bad. Just under-explored. It was a struggle to beat someone I beat consistently when they play any other character.

To add to my miserable MU struggle, I got hit with a 60% damage combo to start off the match. Lovely.

Why does Ronin even have the F12(1+2) and whatever other strings where he uses those chains?
You can back dash after f12 2+4 so the b21 2+4 whiffs, but if he reads it b3 will punish. Also the window doesn't need to be huge since both the back dash (and theoretically the ex statue) would be reversals and I think that window is a set standard. Not helpful in a corner obviously, but stand 1 is worth a shot.